The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prog ➡️
Well. Now I remember why I ignored you, some manners huh?
C'mon, show some love for the cheeky rascal in our family.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Don't know where you get the idea I have a problem with manners. Just being frank that's all. Us New Jersey people operate without a filter and tell it like it is. If you can't deal with that then that's not my problem.
Hell for Jersey that was straight up by the book polite etiquette haha. My grandfather sure had no filter even telling you how to take out the trash.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata ➡️
Hell for Jersey that was straight up by the book polite etiquette haha. My grandfather sure had no filter even telling you how to take out the trash.
You had one of those too eh?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
What's everyone think about the PA Vertigo VSC2...Ive always been on the fence on this one if not just for the fact I have 15-20 compressors does it bring anything special? For those that have it is something you use regularly or has it mostly been replaced with other stuff?
I do actually like the VSC2 quite a bit. I used to use it a lot until I bought the Vertigo version which is awesome. But the PA version also is a very good, solid and useful compressor. I love it on kicks and snares and on various other instruments like piano etc. It was one of my favorite PA comps. And it is different enough to the SSL comps. I much prefer the VSC2 to the townhouse by the way.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Im playing about with Cubase 12 and so far I ma impressed. Load times are quicker for starters....Maybe cause the dongle has gone....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Im playing about with Cubase 12 and so far I ma impressed. Load times are quicker for starters....Maybe cause the dongle has gone....
You are teasing me as I have yet to upgrade to 12 from 11.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haven't noticed any speed difference without the dongle here (I finally unplugged mine last week haha), if anything 12 seems to take a little bit longer to start up while its 'checking licenses' but overall the whole thing is a hell of a lot 'snappier' and more resourceful than 11 was. Under 11, moving from my Mac Mini's built in crap GPU to a Radeon eGPU already knocked quite a bit off the cpu meter, and when 12 came out it dropped even more. I left Cubase when it was rebranded from VST to SX and jumped to Logic Platinum, and just came back when they announced the free update to 12 last November. Man let me tell ya, Cubase 11 and 12 made it a hell of a lot of fun jumping back over to Team Steinberg..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Did you not get it free?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did you not get it free?
No - updated last summer to 11 when the sale was on.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
No - updated last summer to 11 when the sale was on.
Blew your load to early.....
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nuendo 12 is now out for a free 2 month trial.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Some parts of NJ can be quite straight forward. No place for a shrinking violet. Say “Good morning!”, and you may be challenged to explain “why” or “what is so good about it!” next.

Made some great friends there, though. A truly good one told me “Forgetaboutit! All good! If we didn’t like ya, we just wouldn’t talk to you at all!” Haha!
Lives for gear

Quote:
You had one of those too eh?
Should've seen it when I showed up at a family gathering with a Mets hat on!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

PSP Audioware 48 hours FLASH SALE! Buy the PSP Impressor with an additional 30% discount over your regular loyalty discount.
(I got it recently so can’t see discount price now.)
https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-impressor

Sharing since some didn’t get the last PSP email deal. It says:
To see your final discounted price:

1) Log-in to your account at our user area and go to the store.
2) Put PSP Impressor into your cart.
3) Go to our check out page!
4) Tick the box: I have a coupon!.
5) Enter "IMPRESSED" into the coupon field and press activate it button.
5) Finalize the payment.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

PA 48 Hour Flash Sale for Lindell 80 Series $24.99
Ends 11:59 pm PST on May 13, 2022.

Code: 80-SERIES-2499
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And a third 48 Hour Flash sale for:
Softube: British Class A and American Class A for $89 each.

British Class A - CHANNEL STRIP / NATIVE / CONSOLE 1 EXPANSION / AMP ROOM READY / MODULAR READY

American Class A - CHANNEL STRIP / CONSOLE 1 EXPANSION / AMP ROOM READY

https://www.softube.com/unlockable-offers
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Some parts of NJ can be quite straight forward. No place for a shrinking violet. Say “Good morning!”, and you may be challenged to explain “why” or “what is so good about it!” next.

Made some great friends there, though. A truly good one told me “Forgetaboutit! All good! If we didn’t like ya, we just wouldn’t talk to you at all!” Haha!
Sounds like North Jersey - Trenton here. It's actually 'fuhgeddaboutit'. Not for nothin' you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata ➡️
Should've seen it when I showed up at a family gathering with a Mets hat on!!
I'll bet.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sounds like North Jersey - Trenton here. It's actually 'fuhgeddaboutit'. Not for nothin' you know.
Yea, my bad… I was translating. Haha! But, it’s all good! Just sayin’. Yes, a few in North Jersey, one right on the Shore and another further south.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So what's up with the Lindell series M1 native compatibility. Still not seen any update nor indication wether or not there will be an upgrade.
It's kinda relevant at the moment as Softube runs a flash sale on their pick on the 80's console.
Lives for gear

Quote:
And a third 48 Hour Flash sale for:
Softube: British Class A and American Class A for $89 each.

British Class A - CHANNEL STRIP / NATIVE / CONSOLE 1 EXPANSION / AMP ROOM READY / MODULAR READY

American Class A - CHANNEL STRIP / CONSOLE 1 EXPANSION / AMP ROOM READY

https://www.softube.com/unlockable-offers
Hmm I’m waiting on a sale for the uad neve cs.
Maybe I should bight here ?
Decisions decisions?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
So what's up with the Lindell series M1 native compatibility. Still not seen any update nor indication wether or not there will be an upgrade.
I asked PA yesterday if they had a date/schedule for another round of M1 releases, specifically for the Lindell plugins. There is not, at this time.

Lindell said elsewhere that they have shipped M1 versions to PA, and so PA are in the midst of testing and qualifying them, so we'll get them when all the wrinkles are ironed out, but at the moment there is no indication of when that will be.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Saturday pro tip:
There is no secret in using wideners or even compressors in effects buses...BUT the real key is to use Noveltech Character in delays and reverbs, without going over, looking for the target well, there is no better trick for the effects to settle in a mix. Goodbye hardness, hello smooth.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
For those who were on the fence about the Benson Chimera amp sim Mixwave recently released, it’s 20% off (along with everything else on their site) for another 4 hours. https://www.mixwave.net/

So, to save myself $143, I just need to find something to keep me busy for the next 4 hours. Wish me luck!
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by metraith ➡️
For those who were on the fence about the Benson Chimera amp sim Mixwave recently released, it’s 20% off (along with everything else on their site) for another 4 hours. https://www.mixwave.net/

So, to save myself $143, I just need to find something to keep me busy for the next 4 hours. Wish me luck!
Sign up for their newsletter and they'll send you a 15% off coupon code. CORRECTION I thought it stacked with this deal, but I was wrong. The coupon code expires in 3 days.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

Last edited by myfragileego; 1 week ago at 01:18 PM.. Reason: Do not pass go, do not collect $200
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Softube Atlantis Dual Chambers Intro Price $159 ($199 retail) until June 10, 2022.
Additional 10% discount code: DUALDISCOUNT lowers price to $143.10.

https://www.softube.com/products/atlantis-dual-chambers

Nice looking plugin. Released a few days ago, looks like Softube has entered the “chamber rooms” arena to compete with UAD Capitol Chambers, Waves Abbey Road Chambers and IKM Sunset Sound Studio to name a few. GS thread below has a lot of positive comments about low CPU, GUI, many features, etc.

Created/licensed in collaboration with Atlantis Studios in Stockholm, Sweden (birthplace of ABBA). Supports “Extended Features”. Has two chamber rooms, multiple mics, speakers, EQ, dynamics, adjustable near - far mic distance, resonance, damping and other features.

More about it in GS Release Thread:
Softube releases Atlantis Dual Chambers

MixbusTV features and sounds walk through YT vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaUpo0ASxfg
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
Anyone checked the Atlantis dual chambers ?
How would it compare to the Capitol Chambers?
I just saw your post from a few days ago. Doesn’t look like anyone responded then, however just posted some info and links on it above.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just saw your post from a few days ago. Doesn’t look like anyone responded then, however just posted some info and links on it above.
I am kind of hoping it will be included in the next Volume Bundle but that is probably a stretch.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am kind of hoping it will be included in the next Volume Bundle but that is probably a stretch.
Yeah, holding off a while also. Even with the additional discount, it is above my spend budget at present (and I have many alternatives already) so for now, I decided not to buy it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Acon makes great de noising tools fwiw
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
From PAcebook:

Quote:
Coming soon! Embody Audio Immerse Virtual Studio Alan Meyerson, a tool that helps you to create immersive spatial audio experiences using any pair of headphones, will be available in our PA_EXT pop-up store for 48 hours starting May 19.
https://embody.co/pages/ivs-alan-meyerson
📝 Reply