The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg Trinity to sync to Digi001 - how?
Old 5th October 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Unhappy Korg Trinity to sync to Digi001 - how?

I have a project that has the tracks sequenced on a Korg Trinty and they need to be transferred to separate tracks in the Dgi001.

That means they have to sync up for the transfers work out right. I'm able to get the audio split off and into the track inputs on the 001, I just can't get the 001 to start the Korg.

Korg is set up in Global for external midi and local control off.

Midi in/out cables are set up between the Korg and 001.

I did what Digi said in the info and also what I could find on the DUC. Ain't no starting going on, and there ain't no sync happening.

OMS setup with the Trinty on the 001. MTC on, MMC off, MBC on.
Session is MTC on and Trinty.

Reply here or email [email protected]

Help please. I need to get this stuff transferred.

Wayne
Old 5th October 2002
Mac Moderator

🎧 15 years
Hi Wayne,
I'm not overly familar with the trinity, but I'll assume your using Midi Beat Clock for the sync connection yes?

Do you have any additional midi over and above the 001's Midi I/O? E.g a seperate Midi Interface?

In any case. Goto the Midi menu in 'Tools' and select Beat clock. Make sure its enabled, and is sending Beat Clock to the midi out thats connected to the Trinitys Midi in...

If this doesn't do it, can you post back with the version of Tools (DAE/Digi init etc..) that your running. As some earlier 001/LE versions didn't send sync correctly using the 001's midi.

Any Help??

Al.
Old 6th October 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Do you have any additional midi over and above the 001's Midi I/O? E.g a seperate Midi Interface?

No

If this doesn't do it, can you post back with the version of Tools (DAE/Digi init etc..) that your running.

I recently downloaded the LE 5.2.1 and the DAE that goes with it for the 32 track update. Original version 5.1.1.

Hope this helps.

Wayne
Old 6th October 2002
Mac Moderator

🎧 15 years
Ok,
So I'm assuming ProTools beat clock has been setup ok. Then it must be a setting on the Trinity.
Midi Beat Clock doesn't normally set a slave device into play mode (MTC does) So you'll need a command or option on the Trinity that will get it to wait for Incoming clock before it will begin playing. It would work something like putting the Trinity into play mode, then it waiting for ProTools to start before it actually begins to play.

Is there anything like this?

Al.
Old 6th October 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Al, I'll get back to you.

I'm going to check and that includes more reading.

Thanks

Wayne
Old 8th October 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks Al.

By hitting the start key on the Trinity first, and then the 001, it seems to be working correctly. The Korg likes MBC (midi beat code) rather than MMC or MTC.

Haven't tried my drum module yet, but it should work the same.

Wayne

Old 9th October 2002
Mac Moderator

🎧 15 years
Great news Wayne!!!

Al.
πŸ“ Reply