Quantcast
Jury awards plaintiffs $1,920,000.00 in Capitol Records v. Thomas-Rasset - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jury awards plaintiffs $1,920,000.00 in Capitol Records v. Thomas-Rasset
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jury awards plaintiffs $1,920,000.00 in Capitol Records v. Thomas-Rasset

Recording Industry vs. The People
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
You break the law, you pay. Excessive, no doubt. But so is going to jail for getting caught with a couple of joints.

I'm just glad that they are putting the law into effect. What good is it if no one obeys, challenges or uses it. The more it gets worked, the more things will level out and PERHAPS those who choose to break the law will have pause for thought......

Nah.

They'll just hope they don't get caught.

Old 19th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Record industry vs the people?

Who were the jury then?
Not ordinary people according to your post.
That's what justice and being tried by your peers is all about.
The case was obviously made.
Sorry for your loss.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso ➡️
Record industry vs the people?

Who were the jury then?
Not ordinary people according to your post.
That's what justice and being tried by your peers is all about.
The case was obviously made.
Sorry for your loss.
Yeah, pirates all over the world face a dark future now. And I'm truly sorry for that woman.

But human culture is the big winner today!

EDIT: No reason to feel sorry for Ms. Thomas-Rasset! RIAA are *still* willing to settle -- maybe for as little $5000! That's just a grand more than what the average pirate pays in similar lawsuits. And RIAA have been willing to do so from Day One!

Plus, Ms. Thomas-Rasset suggested Wednesday that maybe her *children* stole the songs.

Poor woman, eh...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by author ➡️
Yeah, pirates all over the world face a dark future now. And I'm truly sorry for that woman.

But human culture is the big winner today!

EDIT: No reason to feel sorry for Ms. Thomas-Rasset! RIAA are *still* willing to settle -- maybe for as little $5000! That's just a grand more than what the average pirate pays in similar lawsuits. And RIAA have been willing to do so from Day One!

Plus, Ms. Thomas-Rasset suggested Wednesday that maybe her *children* stole the songs.

Poor woman, eh...
Given your previous equivalence of pirates and "pedophiles", I'm surprised you don't suggest the obvious way she could raise some money to pay off her fine ......