Quote:
Welcome to ASCAP. The worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters, composers and music publishers.

Welcome to ASCAP. The worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Hello,
I'm individual solo artist, have released digital album through Tuncore, and joined ASCAP. When I try to register my songs to ASCAP, I saw blank to write what my publisher is but I don't have publisher. So I tried to find help and this is what FAQ of ASCAP says about my situation.

15. I am an ASCAP writer, but do not have a publisher. Can I leave the publisher information blank?
The web registration system will not accept a work for processing if the publisher field is blank unless the work is unpublished. You should uncheck the box This work has a publisher. If the work is unpublished, any royalties attributable to performances will not be distributed. Consequently, you may want to establish your own ASCAP publishing company. The information to join ASCAP as a publisher is available at www.ascap.com. Click on �Join ASCAP to obtain the information regarding the qualifications and requirements to join as a publisher member.

Consequently, I need to make publisher myself or need to contract.
Here is question:

If I register ASCAP without publisher, I may not be able to receive 'publisher share'. but can't I receive even 'writer share' at all? What is "If the work is unpublished, any royalties attributable to performances will not be distributed. " exactly mean?

If I made a publisher myself, is it possible to affliate the publisher with other P.R.O(BMI, SESAC etc)? If it is possible, Do I have to register my songs twice as 'song writer' with ASCAP and as 'publisher' with other P.R.O ?
Please give me some adivice, thanks.