Quote:
Five Ways to Download Torrents Anonymously

With anti-piracy outfits and dubious law-firms policing BitTorrent swarms at an increasing rate, many BitTorrent users are looking for ways to hide their identities from the outside world. Here's an overview of five widely used privacy services.
Modern media, traditional print, TV or online have, I feel, for many years been pandering to the "Yoof" market, doing or saying anything to appear to be "down with the kids" regardless of the fact that, as journalist's who are meant to have a degree in English (?) should know about the power of word's and the context in which they are used.

The word is download.
For year's with every review, I have seen tacked on at the end the usual blah blah out of 5 and the new 21st century way to be "Cool" Download these... which is usually what the reviewer thought are the highlights of the album, but saying that would be so 20th century, right?

Now a journalist could turn around and say "erm yeah, I didn't mean steal it" but the point is the word, if someone says they downloaded something off the internet, it usually means they got it for free, why not put those English degrees to some use and rather than coming up with some dodgy headline, actually find a word that can be used and not feed the world the notion that the word download is not a "dirty" word.

Journalist's do not want to appear to be out of touch, in fact they and many people don't want to to be the walking contradiction that was their parents.
How can you tell someone downloading is bad when you used to tape stuff off the radio... That is different but I do get the analogy, my point is, when your a teenager somethings seem alright, your right to rebel against the world but you have no reference point yet, your right that singles used to be too expensive for what you got, some dodgy live versions and remixes for b-sides but that's another argument.

To not appear to be out of touch, the media has made some decision's that they thought wouldn't affect them but now with print media fading and people expecting free news, the extent of which is who has cut her hair by 1cm and other trash.

I have been visiting a site called lifehacker and sometimes they have some good tips on how to do things, an online DIY manual, if you will but I have noticed some articles about Torrrent's and again they don't mention downloading illegal content but the point is the image the word brings up...

Disclaimer...(???!!) Yes Torrent's can be used for legal downloads, Linux etc... but my question's are:

What do you think of when I write Download.
What do you think of when I write Torrent.

P.S. this is the latest of the torrent articles.... Five Ways To Download Torrents Anonymously

Look at some of the comments.

Sorry, I just noticed I didn't put this in the Piracy discussion, if someone could move this, Thanks.