Quote:
Update Your Browser | Facebook

Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
I saw in the news a while back that some YouTube star got busted for pretending to be independent while she had been signed by a major label all along.

Just noticed this other girl - 17 year old girl has an unreal voice, but also tours Japan, has great recordings and amazing video quality for someone who is "unsigned" according to her Facebook page (that has a whopping 400,000 likes btw) https://www.facebook.com/MeganNicoleSite?sk=info

Even WORSE is I'm almost positive she's signed to Universal. If you look at her site, she has TONS of covers there as well as her YouTube page. megannicolesite's Channel - YouTube And her site is extremely professional by the way. Megan Nicole Music | Official Site — Singer / Songwriter

SO I looked up about 10 of the artists (on wikipedia) that she covers and ALL of them are either signed on a label owned by Universal, or on a label like Hollywood (owned by Disney) that is distributed by Universal.

BUSTED! How often does this happen???