Quantcast
new EMS Synthi A on German eBay - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
new EMS Synthi A on German eBay
Old 14th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
new EMS Synthi A on German eBay

thought this might interest some people here (not mine, i wish..)

Original EMS Synthi A modular synthesizer, NEW & in perfect condition | eBay
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
wow looks pristine
Old 14th September 2012
Deleted User
Unfortunate one zero too much of the requested price. Very nice indeed, but gives not that value in the long run.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzxtreme ➑️
wow looks pristine
It should - this is a brand-new unit, manufactured less than a year ago. One of the last run of 40 that will ever be produced.
Old 14th September 2012

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
goeiemorgen Beschaving heh
I've just sold my right kidney. It was a bit of a question which one, right or left, but I think I got it now.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➑️
goeiemorgen Beschaving heh
I've just sold my right kidney. It was a bit of a question which one, right or left, but I think I got it now.
Go with the both, you can't be wrong with that!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Prophet ➑️
Unfortunate one zero too much of the requested price.
You are talking about shipping costs, right?
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen-da-sizer ➑️
You are talking about shipping costs, right?
Of course . Well, I would love to have it but not for one of my kidneys. But I am pretty good to cook Mexican style Kidney beans and could trade some servings for the EMS. Do we have a deal?
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
does anyone know how many of these have been made at this point?

anyone here own a post-1970s synthi?
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I was in touch with the company earlier this year and as far as I know they are still in production. You need to preorder with deposit and wait 6 months or so for delivery.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beschaving ➑️
does anyone know how many of these have been made at this point?

anyone here own a post-1970s synthi?
they've been making them all along. Just a bit of a waiting list!! I enquired about ten years ago; then I used one.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt ➑️
I know they are still in production. You need to preorder with deposit and wait 60 years or so for delivery.
Corrected.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Ha fair enough Don.
Old 15th September 2012
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I remember seeing these on the website around 10 years ago, and thinking, "they are actually still making these". It was too expensive for me anyways. I don't know... ten year wait and the person is selling it. That is synthesizer abuse and he should be locked up for doing it.
Old 15th September 2012
Deleted User
Well if you read the blurb, it says it's a MkII Synthi-A, so i suspect it has the post 1974 24db filter, whereas MkI's had a pre-1974 18db filter.

It may well be the reason why he prefers his other Synthi-A, and is selling this MkII Synthi-A. Many Synthi/VCS3 owners seem to prefer the pre-1974 18db filter. EMS however can do a switchable mod between the 18db & 24db filter.
Old 18th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 ➑️
Well if you read the blurb, it says it's a MkII Synthi-A, so i suspect it has the post 1974 24db filter, whereas MkI's had a pre-1974 18db filter.

It may well be the reason why he prefers his other Synthi-A, and is selling this MkII Synthi-A. Many Synthi/VCS3 owners seem to prefer the pre-1974 18db filter. EMS however can do a switchable mod between the 18db & 24db filter.
must be nice to own 2 synthi's..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman ➑️
they've been making them all along. Just a bit of a waiting list!! I enquired about ten years ago; then I used one.
And then...?
Old 18th September 2012
Deleted User
[QUOTE=beschaving;8261916]thought this might interest some people here (not mine, i wish..)

ems are selling these new ones for around Β£3700 , maybe Β£4000 ( thats what i was told by ems 2 months back )
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke ➑️
And then...?
and then woke up and realised they are one of the most hyped synths ever , amazing and vibey , unique and really nice to use and own but utterly hyped.

I only want one as i am in a dave brock tribute band and stuck in 1972
Deleted User
[QUOTE=beschaving;8272761]must be nice to own 2 synthi's..

i think it is but sadly the people who do all seem really possessive , paranoid and a tad like trainspotters and not one of them seems to make much music.great.......
Deleted User
[QUOTE=beschaving;8264816]does anyone know how many of these have been made at this point?

the new ones ? i think about 3 in the last year but everyone who owns the last run seem to be in hiding probably so they dont get called ******s when they sell them for double the price they paid robin at ems a week earlier.

Just when you think the world cant smell more like dog****e it does.
Old 18th September 2012
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
the bid is up to $10k+ for a brand new monosynth. LOL. it must be nice when $10k is like $10 to a person's wallet.
Old 18th September 2012

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
be careful what you wish for
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
the new ones ? i think about 3 in the last year but everyone who owns the last run seem to be in hiding probably so they dont get called ******s when they sell them for double the price they paid robin at ems a week earlier.

Just when you think the world cant smell more like dog****e it does.
! A week earlier? Riiight. People have been on the list, with money tied into a synth that up until not long ago did not exist, for over a DECADE! Check your facts. And of course they will sell for money, big money, because only 40 new are going to be made. Maybe a little more, but I doubt it. And the vintage ones don't pop up too often.

The Synthi has a sweet mystique to it, and for those that can fully utilize it, it'd make a fantastic synth. I wonder if Roger Waters ordered one... ?

Also, if you think this is rediculous, been keeping up on those new fairlights?
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➑️
be careful what you wish for
I wish for the synths, not the money to buy them. heh
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.h ➑️
and then woke up and realised they are one of the most hyped synths ever , amazing and vibey , unique and really nice to use and own but utterly hyped.

I only want one as i am in a dave brock tribute band and stuck in 1972

There is nothing at all hyped about this synth. Nothing in world sounds like it and the quality of it's sound is second to none. But that really isn't what it's all about.. it's about the condition and its rarity on top of it's legendary status.

The price is right 100% because at this level of the synth collector game the players have real money. $10k is nothing.
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
synth collectors can suck my xxxx
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCount ➑️

There is nothing at all hyped about this synth. Nothing in world sounds like it and the quality of it's sound is second to none. But that really isn't what it's all about.. it's about the condition and its rarity on top of it's legendary status.

The price is right 100% because at this level of the synth collector game the players have real money. $10k is nothing.
Yes it's a really special but small-ish synth so the combination of what it sounds like and the limitations/cleverness of the design play major roles. There is certainly a degree of challenge since it's fully possible but not necessarily easy to play melodic music.

And I agree. It's just reality that some people with money find a few K not that big a deal if they are after something

If one wants to play with definitions of course a Synthi AKS and VCS3 will sound like it, so of course the one thing left out of the description is EMS has said these are the last Synthi As because its built into a 40 year old briefcase and there are none left... just as the tricky woodwork on the VCS3 doesn't make that one easy to build.

Robin @ EMS has said for well over a decade he's probably going to fit one in a new case. So I mean the seller is playing up the last ones built omitting the part about something in the same family still being built.

I had a friend who I think got on the waiting list sometime in the 90s and his number came up in the mid 2000s. In any event he had 2 used ones by then and felt it would be unethical to flip it for money so he told EMS he's pass. I was kind of surprised he didn't buy it to compare and then decide which to sell. I would have done that in his position, but that's me.

I am kind of surprised EMS talks about ramping up production but never does, and they never seem to stop building either. Surely that case could be replicated for a few hundred pounds, the boutique gear market has companies offering quality board assembly, etc.. The pin matrix seems the the most unobtanium though
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke ➑️
synth collectors can suck my xxxx
Indeed.
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i like SOME sounds from the synthi, but i think yoiu have to LOVE squigy sine wave out of control sounds to buy one . I personally like the out of tune bassy (Like an old test oscillator) sound of its oscillators, but i wouldn''t pay that much for that part of its sound. Maybe it sounds good for treating external audio too.?
πŸ“ Reply