Quantcast
AnalogFX Syrinx - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnalogFX Syrinx
Old 7th August 2020
  #1
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
AnalogFX Syrinx

Does anybody know anything more about this? Can't find ANY info or demos besides a Reverb listing. I am VERY intrigued.





https://reverb.com/item/31288691-ana...ake-2020-metal

Already sold. Was it a one-off?

Quote:
About This Listing
If you knows the Synton Syrinx now further introduction is needed. If you don’t, look for it on YouTube or listen to Air Moon Safari.

This is a new Euro Rack version with modular connections.
Including:
- USB MIDI interface.
- MIDI input.
- CV input and output.
- Gate input and output.
- 2 LFO’s.
- Bend pad.
- Glide.
- 2 VCO’s
- Sub oscillator.
- Ring modulator.
- Noise generator.
- Formant filter.
- 2 Peak filters
- 1 Lowpass filter.
- 2 ADSR’s.

Specifications:
Width; 84hp
Supply; +/-12V
Current; +/-150mA max.

Remark: Shipped without case and power supply. This is only the Euro Rack module.
Old 17th August 2020
  #2
GSE
Here for the gear
 
GSE's Avatar
That seems to be a one off for somebody.
In the meantime I've been developing GYRINX VCF available soon.
It's a filter topology of the Syrinx using AS3350 chips.
Old 18th August 2020 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSE ➡️
That seems to be a one off for somebody.
In the meantime I've been developing GYRINX VCF available soon.
It's a filter topology of the Syrinx using AS3350 chips.
Oh hell yes. This is preferable to me. Pure awesome. I'm mostly just a filter collector. I prefer bringing my own oscillators, VCAs and mod sources.

Is there a mailing list I can get on?
Old 18th August 2020
  #4
GSE
Here for the gear
 
GSE's Avatar
Thank you so much for your interest! :D
Anyone interested can reach me on FB http://facebook.com/gstormelectro
or messaging on Reverb.com http://reverb.com/shop/gstormelectro
I sell exclusively on Reverb.com, be sure to check out my other modules...
I'm a filter nut as well!

I'll then add your name to a list to notify when I've listed the requested module(s) for sale.
GYRINX VCF release is a week or two out, waiting for the final parts to arrive hopefully in that time frame.
Old 18th August 2020
  #5
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Is the output stereo? Looks like a single output jack, but the video demo has some width to it
Old 18th August 2020
  #6
GSE
Here for the gear
 
GSE's Avatar
It is a mono output. During some clips I have Timefactor Delay.
Old 8th September 2020
  #7
GSE
Here for the gear
 
GSE's Avatar
GYRINX VCF is now available in my Reverb Store http://reverb.com/shop/gstormelectro

And a new video
Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSE ➡️
GYRINX VCF is now available in my Reverb Store http://reverb.com/shop/gstormelectro

And a new video
I'm curious, is it really based on original schematics? Or is just a conceptual clone? Did you have access to a Synrix during the process?
Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
  #9
GSE
Here for the gear
 
GSE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids ➡️
I'm curious, is it really based on original schematics? Or is just a conceptual clone? Did you have access to a Synrix during the process?
Being a mere mortal I have no access to a real Syrinx. Nor have I consulted with Felix Visser who is very much still designing new synthesizers. For these reasons I describe my project "not a clone" but a design "based on". The schematic scans available are curious, they clearly show the topology of the filter and component references - but no component values are shown there. With that in mind, I cobbled together the AS3350 datasheet + designs for the Crumar Spirit and Chroma and got to work. I have been recently told by someone who briefly owned a Syrinx, was struck the component values stayed very much in line with the CEM3350 datasheet. So it as close as I could make it to the Syrinx given the incomplete information that is known on the subject.
Old 10th September 2020 | Show parent
  #10
DSC
Gear Addict
 
DSC's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSE ➡️
Being a mere mortal I have no access to a real Syrinx. Nor have I consulted with Felix Visser who is very much still designing new synthesizers. For these reasons I describe my project "not a clone" but a design "based on". The schematic scans available are curious, they clearly show the topology of the filter and component references - but no component values are shown there. With that in mind, I cobbled together the AS3350 datasheet + designs for the Crumar Spirit and Chroma and got to work. I have been recently told by someone who briefly owned a Syrinx, was struck the component values stayed very much in line with the CEM3350 datasheet. So it as close as I could make it to the Syrinx given the incomplete information that is known on the subject.
Huge amount of work!!!
Mad props
Old 11th September 2020
  #11
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I can vouch for G-Storm: I've got a couple of his modules. His compressor is simple but sounds absolutely beautiful and drums and mixes. The Transistor-80 is a good solid drum module, and when mine arrived secondhand, it arrived broken, but G-Storm fixed it for free, knowing I wasn't the first owner, and he did it for free. He's a talented designer and an all around cool dude.

Welcome to GS, btw!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 2590 views: 842088
Avatar for Drummer406
Drummer406 6 days ago
replies: 17 views: 2146
Avatar for Endorfinity
Endorfinity 16th October 2013
replies: 58 views: 72053
Avatar for Langur
Langur 15th March 2018
replies: 6928 views: 450235
Avatar for pppch
pppch 1 hour ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump