The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What we've been up to lately in Toronto
Old 16th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
What we've been up to lately in Toronto

PRESS RELEASE
April 9, 2003

LiveWire provided the broadcast mix for several of the acts featured on the 2003 Juno Awards from the Corel Centre in Ottawa. Host Shania Twain, Remy Shand, Swollen Members and Sam Roberts were all mixed out of the LiveWire mobile. The show was recorded simultaneously to Protools HD and Tascam DA-78’s.
The first major gig for LiveWire’s new Protools HD system took place in March, when the mobile traveled to Detroit’s Orchestra Hall to record the Detroit Symphony for two documentary soundtracks composed by David Kneupper. The sessions were engineered by veteran film score mixer John Richards, whose impressive resume includes most of the James Bond movies. The orchestra recorded directly to Protools, while being monitored in 5.1 surround sound. LiveWire purchased 84 sets of Stanton headphones for the gig, in order to feed a metronome click to the musicians. The films will be shown at the Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan starting this summer.

LiveWire’s Protools HD system has been expanded to 48 analog inputs and outputs with the purchase of a fourth 192 I/O unit.

LiveWire also provided the music mix for the 2003 Genie Awards, broadcast in February on CBC-TV. Musical guests were Melanie Doane and Sarah Slean.

The mobile recorded a concert with Blue Rodeo at The Centre in the Square in Kitchener. The band added a four piece horn section for their Canadian tour.

Richmond Hill was the site of this year's Catholic Mission 2003. Performers included Michael Burgess and the Faith Chorale Gospel Choir. This marked the fourth year that LiveWire has recorded this program for the National Catholic Broadcast Council.

Doug took out the 16 track airpack to record a cd for Leah Moss at the Beth Tikvah Synagogue. The following week the airpack was set up in Peterborough to tape seven songs for The Peterborough Singers. Our Lady Peace and The Cowboy Junkies both rented the Tourpack to record several shows on their most recent tour.

Lydian Sound hired LiveWire to supply our 48 track Protools HD portable system to record jazz-rock ensemble Noru at the Capitol Event Theatre. The recording was engineered by John Bailey, who had to set the rig up in a small room under the stage.

The mobile traveled to the Blue Mountain Ski Resort in March to record Not By Choice and New Found Glory outdoors in the town square for MuchMusic's "Flake & Bake" special.

LiveWire recorded live cd's for Deeper Life Ministries in Mississauga, Tehillah at Canada Christian College, and Victoria K at Healey’s.

For more information, please visit our website at www.LivewireRemote.com

Old 16th April 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Cool

do you have any pics of the inside of the truck. didn't see any at you website. did i miss it?
Old 16th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Greetings, Fuzzy L.
Ping me off list, and I will email you some truck pix. We're in the process of updating our website, so the photos will soon be there. Currently all the pictures are of our old mobile.

[email protected][/EMAIL]
Old 16th April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Hey Doug,

Welcome to the remote forum. It's a pleasure to see you here.

Can you insert a jpeg into this thread so everyone can see the truck?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Greetings, Steve:

Here are two photos of the new mobile (interior and exterior).
Old 17th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I'll try again with the LiveWire mobile photos.
Attached Thumbnails
What we've been up to lately in Toronto-2002-mobile-exterior-expando_web.jpg  
Old 17th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
LiveWire Mobile Interior

Here's a wide angle shot of the interior
Attached Thumbnails
What we've been up to lately in Toronto-2002-mobile-interior-wide-angle_web.jpg  
Old 17th April 2003
Old 17th April 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
beautiful rig! thumbsup
Old 17th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For those of you unfamiliar with Livewire and doug, Let me say that they are the real deal, great crew, and although I only used the old truck, the gear was in top notch shape. Great to have you here!, and the new truck is uber cool looking!
Old 17th April 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Now I want to make a moveable wall for my control room - and it's not even in a remote truck!
Old 17th April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Expando CRMs rule!

Doug,

Can the expanding room be set for different CRM sizes or does it expand to one position?
Old 18th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Expanding Control Room

Greetings, Steve:

It only expands to one position. The expando section is 4' by 14', and is about 6'6" high. I can crank it out with one hand in about 40 seconds. There is a rollup awning above it to keep out the rain and snow.

It's great to have the rear surround speakers set farther back than in the old 5 ton mobile. The control room was designed by Martin Pilchner of Pilchner-Schoustal Associates, and I'm very pleased with his work. The truck was built in Oshawa, Ontario by PK Van Bodies. They build most of the Canadian based video and radio trucks, but they'd never done an audio truck before. I'm attaching a rough copy of the floorplan.
Attached Thumbnails
What we've been up to lately in Toronto-new-mobile-floorplan_web.jpg  
Old 21st April 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Wow...

Someday, someday...

In the meantime I'll continue to have fun with my Subaru Impreza...and loading and unloading and loading and unloading for each gig!

-GRW
Old 21st April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
IMO, remote trucks are a great way to record music.
PGPs are just as great if you record it right!
📝 Reply