Quantcast
Netbooks Powerful Enough? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Netbooks Powerful Enough?
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Question Netbooks Powerful Enough?

I'm researching the acquisition of a small netbook for use as a dedicated sampler/VSTi station, with the capability of 2-track remote recording. Any thoughts on whether the current crop of netbooks have the horsepower to perform well within that definition? The Lenovo S10 is calling my name but I know very little about the robustness of the Intel Atom processor with regard to audio processing. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 24th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I checked the specs on Lenovo site and I think it would handle the recording task easily. I don't know about VSTI playback though.
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i saw on another forum (but could not find the link just now) that somebody has used a lenovo s10 with a TI firewire card and recorded 8 channels continuously without a problem.
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There's been some posts on the Reaper forum about this. It works but under precisely what conditions you'd have to research yourself.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…