Quantcast
Mix article on remote trucks - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mix article on remote trucks
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Mix article on remote trucks

This month's Mix has an article on remote trucks featuring Steve, Kooster, Greg Hartman, Randy Ezratty, David Hewitt, Gary Ladinsky, Vance Van Horn, and
Peter Yianilos.

Definitely on topic for this forum.
Old 8th January 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Cool, it's out already.

I haven't received my copy yet. I seems like magazine deliveries in Queens, NY are always about two or three weeks behind everyone else. It's very frustrating, always having to wait much longer then necessary. I believe it has to do with how each individual US Post Office deals with their third class mail. Some let it sit around and accumulate before they distribute the items.

Was it a good read? What do you think about the stuff that was said?

Any questions and/or comments about the subject discussed? Some very important questions were addressed. Any thoughts about it out there? Remote Folk want to know.
Old 9th January 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Does this mean I need to go out and buy that issue?

I don't subscribe to Mix anymore.
rollz
Old 9th January 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Hey Jay,

We get a few copies of the magazine. When the issues finally get here, I'll give you one.

If you cannot wait. Mix Magazine online already has a version of the article on their website > Mixonline.com/ Big Trucks

There aren't any pictures in the online version, but the copy is the same....

Some very important issues were discussed. Check it out.
Old 10th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I found it interesting about the big hybrid trucks being used just for video. A good thing if you ask me. I've had more than one of the bigger video trucks having inadequate word clock distribution, poor TC signals and other such fun stuff. Even when working with a seperate video truck, I've had a vid truck EIC change TC frame rate from 29df to 30nd less than a hour before the show (because he said the editor liked 30nd better fuuck - MOF he had no idea who was posting this show). Thank the Brainstorm for beeping and giving us a heads up in time.
Old 18th January 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I read the article and it's very cool.

By the way, there's a nice sized picture of Steve and the Boss in The Good News thread under "My Chum Steve".

Hey Jules, how did you guys get the picture that's in the article?

Way to go Steve!

Old 20th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yeah but,

Will the Super Video Trucks kill the Remote Truck concept?
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic
Yeah but,

Not till they start actually putting high end audio trucks in those high end video trucks.. and it would seem to me that that is trying to put two cars in a one car garage..
Old 26th January 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by TinderArts
I found it interesting about the big hybrid trucks being used just for video. A good thing if you ask me. I've had more than one of the bigger video trucks having inadequate word clock distribution, poor TC signals and other such fun stuff. Even when working with a seperate video truck, I've had a vid truck EIC change TC frame rate from 29df to 30nd less than a hour before the show (because he said the editor liked 30nd better fuuck - MOF he had no idea who was posting this show). Thank the Brainstorm for beeping and giving us a heads up in time.
It's a good thing when a great crew, knowledgeable technical staff and the audio recording department can have a meeting of the minds when dealing with a lame rig. If and when applicable, preproduction and a survey of the production facility can greatly help you with regard to the serious decision making, when it comes to using an inadequate truck design or poor equipment and/or interfacing issues...

I know... Many times you don't have that luxury.

Working on a "Super Video Truck" doesn't always guarantee a perfect production, especially when that company bought a "turnkey" "State of the Art" facility that they never updated and/or modified any of the problems that came with the rig, let alone all the serious maintenance issues and stuff.
Old 26th January 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic
Yeah but,

Not if we still got "ears"...

Remember, "it's about the ear, not the gear"!!!
Old 29th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Talking

Congrats to Steve, David, and Kooster!!

I don't know the other guys, but congrats to them, as well!! heh
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…