The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Voxengo
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone, im currently thinking about replacing the ITB eq with an analoge EQ. I was thinking about the warm audio EQP-WA and...

emile67
replies: 13 views: 3,623
JonMiller 5th December 2016

we're looking for a plugin that might emulate Lavry Gold Soft Saturation effect, +3 and +6 settings, only needs to be...

shmasterer
replies: 4 views: 3,470
B Elgin 5th December 2016

Hello all!! I've been thinking about this issue for quite a while now. Next year I'm planning to build a mastering room and...

Morgan_D
replies: 64 views: 14,189
kodebode 5th December 2016

Hi. Anyone know where I can get spare parts for an Studer A80? And while we are at it : My Studer is starting to sound like...

redroomstudio
replies: 21 views: 8,935
inlinenl 2nd December 2016

Hi Guys I've just been go through a few tracks of old and new and I've been studying the stereo content and the Eq quantity...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 5 views: 833
Precision Studio 1st December 2016

Hi, I was using VST analyzer the other day to learn more about a few of my plugin EQs and saw something that seemed unusual to...

g_bergman
replies: 17 views: 2,202
Conundra 1st December 2016

I've been using the REQ-2.2 for a number of years (coming up on 5 years now) and was the first one in Australia to order a unit....

MattGray
replies: 37 views: 6,586
BumBataa 1st December 2016

In another thread in the Acoustics subform, a couple of posters have been recommending that LF be made Mono in Mastering. This is...

DanDan
replies: 145 views: 6,831
DanDan 27th November 2016

As the title says. Is anyone here still using a 2 track deck in your mastering workflow? If so how do you employ it. Thanks

Deleted 7f9cade
replies: 22 views: 1,827
dcollins 27th November 2016

I made a DDP file for a production in Waveburner (formerly included in Logic). The plant asks for an MD5 checksum. I don't...

upperlip
replies: 4 views: 2,550
Thor 26th November 2016

With some near future outboard purchases planned as well as my vinyl cutting it is time to get a proper mastering console with...

dietrich10
replies: 72 views: 16,571
Chris Chapelle 26th November 2016

I've often heard that the difference between a good audio engineer and a great audio engineer is "taste". A good...

Nonlinear
replies: 47 views: 2,632
Paul_G 26th November 2016

hi I have a question about eq during mastering. Say you have a recording of a full band and there is an acoustic panned...

rambelam
replies: 5 views: 902
da goose 25th November 2016

I seem to be getting a rash of people calling, E-mailing etc. saying "We need xx done TODAY." In the hours it took you...

wado1942
replies: 39 views: 4,181
Thomas W. Bethe 24th November 2016

For many years I used a Sonic Solutions system for mastering with great success. I wonder what people are using these days for...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 154 views: 20,224
idanaltman 23rd November 2016

Hi; I am trying to save my TC 6000 settings to my daw by MIDI sysex dump. I manage to dump the sysex and record it, but can't...

gregor z
replies: 4 views: 877
msmucr 22nd November 2016

Hi What can be the benefits of external metering like Clarity M | TC Electronic as compared to using plugins like izotope...

amit monga
replies: 12 views: 2,330
[email protected] 22nd November 2016

Hello fellow gear-maniacs, I am currently deciding between the above mentioned EQs - the Gyraf Gyratec XIV (14) and the...

Doctor Rockter
replies: 12 views: 4,330
macc 22nd November 2016

Hi there! I do not want to start a discussion about 500 modules for mastering per se. Let´s assume IF you use 500 modules...

joemeek
replies: 11 views: 3,257
Emiliano 21st November 2016

Hi I wonder if I can beg some help. We're just getting a new production-music venture off the ground, have some great...

Trailerman
replies: 16 views: 2,561
Trailerman 21st November 2016

I am having to mix and master my own album. I am having to double-check my mixes with meter readings as I am not sure of my room...

mike5705
replies: 20 views: 1,882
idanaltman 20th November 2016

How much are you charging for mastering? Hourly or per song?

EMMST
replies: 44 views: 15,243
Deleted 2ef94c5 20th November 2016

If you get a chance please watch this video qBf3OBMjRAg

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 538
Thomas W. Bethe 19th November 2016

Pure Music 2.0 is reasonably priced, but I don't like the fact that it integrates with iTunes. AudioGate is free, but I compared...

Joe Porto
replies: 12 views: 3,235
chet.d 18th November 2016

Anyone else having some Wavelab 9 issues? It barely lasts for 20 minutes before it crashes (on a good run), and some (new)...

Rdodz
replies: 20 views: 3,401
t_d 17th November 2016

Take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86FrelkIu4&app=desktop Then down load the demo...Best plugin reverb I...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 6 views: 1,122
Thomas W. Bethe 17th November 2016

My ask ? : What software EQ would you recommend for this special(described below) and other general EQ purposes, especially if...

kodebode
replies: 67 views: 6,411
kodebode 17th November 2016

I know there are many threads about this subject already but I struggle to find a clear and uncomplicated answer. I want to find...

Motherpeople
replies: 5 views: 881
Bender412 16th November 2016

I don't know if I'm a weirdo for loving this thing as much as I do, but I love it. Every day I go to work, it makes me very...

Silver Sonya
replies: 51 views: 8,683
Alécio Costa 16th November 2016

What do you think about Maselec MPL-2 just befor the final A/D ?

zipsound
replies: 8 views: 6,656
scorpix74 16th November 2016

Yo. Just being a dork and reading up on some DIY projects, possibly with aim to get something on the go, but mostly just being...

Joe_caithness
replies: 20 views: 6,151
Joe_caithness 16th November 2016

Hi, there are several plugins (e.g. Nugen Audio Monofilter, UAD bx saturator, Alex Hilton's A1StereoControl etc.) that offer...

Sudad G
replies: 24 views: 3,133
idanaltman 16th November 2016

So, my band has an opportunity for a spin of one of our songs on a major station (KUPD in the Phx area)! The 'problem' is that we...

Corium_AZ
replies: 14 views: 1,535
Corium_AZ 15th November 2016

I feel like I'm relatively familiar with modern mastering quipment, but I'm curious to know what the industry standard mastering...

burns46824
replies: 13 views: 1,543
Adam Dempsey 15th November 2016

Have to decode an old 1/4" tape that is dbx encoded. Does somebody make a dbx type I decoder plug-in to do this? Other...

spectrasound
replies: 8 views: 1,639
msmucr 14th November 2016

Just need a transparent EQ and limiter. I'm coming from Toneboosters which is fine but have doubts it's true 192k. Samplitude 7.0...

Quantumphysics
replies: 8 views: 942
FabienTDR 14th November 2016

Hi, lately I've been intrigued by the Blackbox HG2 but have never had a chance to try it and get a demo unit is not an...

Solid Mastering
replies: 8 views: 1,780
rvwainscott 14th November 2016

Hi, I'm in the market for a mastering EQ on a budget ;) Can I get an Mastering EQ for €700 - €1500?

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 39 views: 3,218
ArtSta 13th November 2016

I recently read a couple of articles declaring the loudness wars to be over due to the fact that Itunes, Youtube, Spotify, etc...

joecandy
replies: 104 views: 9,680
Thomas Lund 12th November 2016

This isn't exactly about mastering but mastering is as far down the stream that this site goes so I probably have to post...

lame pseudonym
replies: 4 views: 603
StephenMarsh 11th November 2016

No matter what, In sequoia I have two tracks that appear to be linked together so I cant delete some elements with out removing...

Jaybird
replies: 2 views: 537
Jaybird 10th November 2016

When I was at school we took a tour of Bernie Grundman mastering studios... One of the mastering engineers told us to always...

ImadMusic
replies: 16 views: 914
Virtalahde 10th November 2016

Firstly, I'm not a mastering engineer, nor do I claim to be. I'm simply looking for some insight on an issue that I've been...

ryanwilsonfive
replies: 21 views: 8,258
idanaltman 10th November 2016

Loving the great sounds of Daniel Lanois I'm wondering which kind of device he use to capture his mixes? I know about the radar...

KIDBILL
replies: 14 views: 1,688
engmix 10th November 2016

A potential client sent me raw tracks to mix and master a one song demo. Selected engineer gets the full album. I spent all day...

Nonlinear
replies: 13 views: 878
Miles Flint 9th November 2016

How much influence of all the small difference in the world of audio dominate your way of working. With influences I mean all of...

JP__
replies: 29 views: 1,418
JP__ 8th November 2016

If you are still here I would like to clarify some concepts about the right level we have to work with in a DAW. In the thread...

innesireinar
replies: 217 views: 47,060
wavemechanic.net 8th November 2016

Hello, I am finally making the jump into the UAD world. For now I can only purchase one of these (hopefully the other very...

tlectual
replies: 44 views: 31,602
Paul_G 7th November 2016

I have some stereo mixes that are a bit wild dynamics wise, so need some taming. I'll probably use Kotelnikov as it seems to be...

dontsimon
replies: 2 views: 826
dontsimon 7th November 2016

Hey, guys I'm about to send my new album to be mixed/mastered to someone (don't know who yet), and have been looking for an...

sinisterbr
replies: 2 views: 857
psycho_monkey 6th November 2016

Moderators