The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Voxengo
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I'm making a mix, at this stage just throwing in samples and what not. My question is, when mixing, should I go ahead and...

ajit
replies: 11 views: 1,981
NewAllianceEast! 5th August 2013

We just submitted Backline DDP Mobile, a DDP player for iPhone & iPod touch (and iPad), to Apple. Backline DDP Mobile allows...

Matthew Foust
replies: 32 views: 5,181
Deleted 49af092 5th August 2013

Thought this might be of interest here on the mastering forum: Backline (download) is our new utility for Mac OS X. Think of...

Matthew Foust
replies: 49 views: 23,122
Deleted 49af092 5th August 2013

Hi, Is there a manual of recommended procedures so that we can have a 100% compatible mastering for (180g) vinyl? Something...

Alécio Costa
replies: 29 views: 3,807
Bob Olhsson 3rd August 2013

Hello! I have a problem with my VariMu since first day I got it. A few years ago. I sent the official service, but when they...

JohnyJoe
replies: 19 views: 4,499
Glenn Bucci 3rd August 2013

In Samplitude you can create a playlist of songs and order you want. Then open them all up on one track. You then can apply...

Jason rocks
replies: 9 views: 2,958
807Recordings 2nd August 2013

Universal Audio Announces Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Plug-in - Review To Available as part of the upcoming UAD...

sakamoto
replies: 34 views: 22,025
Jason rocks 2nd August 2013

Is this still a shaped dither when no noise shaping is applied? I much prefer this noise to standard TPDF which sounds harsh to...

Rossd25
replies: 88 views: 19,576
SmoothVibe 2nd August 2013

Curious to see what speakers you're using for secondary (or third) reference? (or are you using any?) Mixcubes still look...

edham
replies: 35 views: 11,410
Call_me_Switters 1st August 2013

The record company has received the acetates back from the cutting engineer. Unfortunately they started playing them on their...

tonmeister
replies: 10 views: 1,462
dietrich10 1st August 2013

Hey, all... I've got a discussion of these topics going elsewhere for digital distribution, but as I'll be doing a physical...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 0 views: 752
Ain't Nobody 1st August 2013

Yet another night of Soundblade bugs taking hours of my time when something should take minutes. I'm having a problem with a...

thermos
replies: 4 views: 1,701
thermos 1st August 2013

Hello! I have a little unusual question... I'm looking for someone who own Weiss DS1 MK3. In one of the menus I found the...

Stilus
replies: 9 views: 1,802
bmanic 1st August 2013

I can't seem to get the LAME library installed correctly and can't find a decent tutorial on the interwebs. I am on a newish Mac...

balanceman
replies: 5 views: 2,371
G>SUS 1st August 2013

I've been handed a butt load of narration. It was all recorded on a microphone without anything but the microphone. And the...

JodyBaxmeyer
replies: 39 views: 3,365
JodyBaxmeyer 31st July 2013

I just had a project come up and they want to release it on vinyl. The audio itself is actually part of a contemporary art...

SLS
replies: 57 views: 43,174
Alécio Costa 31st July 2013

Hello Todos, I have tu submit a Master to a radio station whose internal format is MP2 (MPEG 1 Layer II). I know the...

Hic&Nunc
replies: 2 views: 1,349
Hic&Nunc 31st July 2013

Good evening from Germany, at the moment I'm in search of a new Amplifier for my Myro Whisky loudspeakers. It should be...

sdaudio
replies: 27 views: 3,874
dietrich10 30th July 2013

Am I right to assume it is better to have your record mastered for vinyl by an engineer that knows the lathe equipment and...

richgilb
replies: 20 views: 2,488
dietrich10 30th July 2013

I been searching the threads and never really seen a definitive or at least clear answer (direction) in regards to the Grace M903...

807Recordings
replies: 22 views: 9,517
Manoloco 30th July 2013

I just had a few questions about use of parallel compression while mastering. I understand what it does and how to accomplish it,...

NotchontheRocks
replies: 201 views: 27,333
Filthrill 30th July 2013

I've been looking on here for awhile trying to find an answer to my question but I'm not having any luck. I watched an old video...

that dude
replies: 4 views: 1,406
that dude 30th July 2013

I've just been playing around with the Brianworx eq plugin and I wasn't hating it...what's the feeling here, as I'm not a plugin...

streaky
replies: 9 views: 2,429
teebaum 30th July 2013

I do free mastering currently but I was wondering what a decent amount to charge as a business would be. I plan to list $49 per...

chazmar
replies: 14 views: 2,247
quintviskup 29th July 2013

I've always handed my mixes to someone else to master. They've recently retired and I've started to master myself. The end...

Fizzyhair
replies: 4 views: 1,053
Fizzyhair 29th July 2013

I've done lotsss of researching on this forum as to my mixing/mastering related issues. And I've finally figured out that it's...

Vindicate
replies: 4 views: 2,510
Greg Reierson 29th July 2013

Did a mix that kind of have the volume going up and down when played back on PC speakers but sounds fine on studio monitors....

blackcom
replies: 5 views: 1,341
Taurean 28th July 2013

Hello, I am searching for monitors which I can master with. I don´t want to have ADAM´s. What do you think about the...

Schizzo
replies: 33 views: 13,563
dangerousben 28th July 2013

I had a great conversation with an long time client of mine today. He expressed his thoughts on mastering from a clients...

RedTuxedo
replies: 16 views: 2,095
PaRaNoId 28th July 2013

Hi there, Guess this is a bit of a noob question sorry.. For a few plugins, when scrolling through their presets, a few of...

candyflip
replies: 6 views: 1,574
Andy 28th July 2013

I'm interested in acquiring a capture device for mastering and am looking at these two units. the Masterlink is looking a...

UpNSmoke
replies: 29 views: 6,174
DSD_Mastering 28th July 2013

How To Music Really Good - Mastering - YouTube Stumbled upon this, this morning. Enjoy kfhkh

replies: 7 views: 1,377
Umulamahri 27th July 2013

Hi there, im electronic music producer and i just have 1 question to ask. What is the idea of the perfomance -> Having my...

DanSareal
replies: 15 views: 1,477
DanSareal 26th July 2013

Hi all, I'm about to get some mixes done. In the OLD DAYS (hehe) they would be printed to analog tape and then you could...

everglass
replies: 42 views: 8,466
Bob Olhsson 26th July 2013

Is there any point exporting a Cubase mix for mastering, at 44-32, although the project is 44-16 ?

system100m
replies: 5 views: 997
Laurend 26th July 2013

Hi there... Is there any reason why I shouldn't make a small adjustment to the IMAGE.DAT file in DDP Fileset - say, for...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 2 views: 1,126
JeremyPaulCarrol 25th July 2013

subject says it all.... it's a hard one to track down! i've got Illustrator skills, but i'd rather see if there's one already...

t_d
replies: 13 views: 3,550
Twerk 25th July 2013

I was just wondering if anyone had found a supplier of 1/3RU blank rack panels? I am just re-organising the racks in my sterling...

Strut78
replies: 12 views: 2,995
jackbraglia 24th July 2013

Hi guys, I have recorded an advert and a couple of spots/ drop ins for an online radio station. Im just not sure about the...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 8 views: 1,276
RedEyeJedi 24th July 2013

Hi peeps! As everyone has its own style and way of doing things... What is in your chain that although it could make others...

Swift Mastering
replies: 9 views: 1,822
fradoca 24th July 2013

As a mastering engineer, do you prefer a darker mix that needs some boosting in the 2-5k area, rather than an overly bright or...

StringBean
replies: 16 views: 5,006
Dina Mastering 24th July 2013

For full quality and mastering purposes, any engineer will ask for at least -4 - -6db of headroom to master, right? Is there...

DJ Tricki
replies: 10 views: 1,551
Slug1 23rd July 2013

some days ago i made a small test for myself comparing the high bands of my EQs which i would like to share. the following EQs...

karumba
replies: 15 views: 2,584
matucha 23rd July 2013

Hey so i'm making this song right now (almost done) and i think it's really good. I feel like the production could be better...

Fahjah
replies: 9 views: 1,700
SmoothVibe 22nd July 2013

It seems that every new digital limiter and meter these days is obsessed with measuring and controlling...

Nonlinear
replies: 23 views: 2,706
Orson Maxwell 22nd July 2013

Hello, Im pretty new to mastering and my main program is Ozone 5 since Im trying to master my cd myself. My main problem Im...

mrjusting2
replies: 21 views: 2,224
Nick Morris 22nd July 2013

Speck EQ vs NEI Neptune 342 ---any preferences. Looking for a EQ in our "mastering" chain to a Masterlink

cjogo
replies: 2 views: 1,984
Channel time 21st July 2013

Produktbeschreibung: Sound Performance Lab An interesting couple of insert switchers. The '2' is stereo and sells at about...

lowland
replies: 1 views: 2,068
petermontg 21st July 2013

Hey guys I was wondering for anyone working in mastering, mixing or audio full time have any techniques for fighting ear fatigue....

Nick Di Lorenzo
replies: 21 views: 2,102
Swift Mastering 21st July 2013

Hey! Any mastering guys in / around Nottingham UK? Would be up for having a coffee / talking shop :)

Joe_caithness
replies: 0 views: 755
Joe_caithness 20th July 2013

Moderators