The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Bettermaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Edit, October 11, 2021: This post has been updated with more current information. Below I am sharing something that I send to...

Trakworx
replies: 653 views: 228,322
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 556 views: 180,228
M2E 6th June 2022

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 46 views: 35,992
Thor 14th April 2022

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 60,154
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 84,132
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I don't know why this popped into my YouTube feed but I found the whole thing extremely interesting on multiple levels. Not...

James Lehmann
replies: 6 views: 373
timtape 6 minutes ago

I seem to hear clipping in so many productions these last weeks, I'm starting to wonder if it's my monitors or if these tracks...

Pringles
replies: 4 views: 159
Nordenstam 52 minutes ago

WUMP #3

Ok, let's get this thing fired up again. Before I open the sign-up period for WUMP 3, I just wanted to get a consensus on the...

SmoothTone
replies: 126 views: 6,408
SmoothTone 3 hours ago

I'm currently mixing a few songs for my friend who signed with a record company. I was asked to improve the reference mixes that...

kaiO
replies: 17 views: 1,194
nyfrequencies 8 hours ago

Hiya, Sorry if this is a moribund topic by now, I'm just trying to compile a list of techniques that can help clean up mixes,...

smokethief
replies: 19 views: 559
DAH 12 hours ago

Im looking for a main mastering EQ and am deciding between trying one of these two SPL PQ or Maselec MEA-2 Can anyone with...

ElectricCompany
replies: 122 views: 25,674
PETERABI 19 hours ago

Hey slutz! I’m looking to replace Kush Clariphonic MKII, for mastering purposes. Can anything (ITB) replace/surpass/be...

theMuzzl3
replies: 15 views: 5,110
illsoulprod 19 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,675 views: 277,167
David Carlyon 22 hours ago

Sorry if there's a thread already, I could only find one that ended in 2017. So yeah, show your mastering rig so we can drool...

dilznik
replies: 41 views: 3,172
shelterr 1 day ago

Hiya, I sometimes do mastering for ppl, and often I'll get an audio file that was just recorded too hot, with attack...

smokethief
replies: 5 views: 320
Trakworx 1 day ago

I got off to a rocky start with the Pure2 but I think I may be converted... :lol: First thing I noticed when unpacking the...

MattGray
replies: 270 views: 72,290
Nickerz 2 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 487 views: 147,679
rtech 2 days ago

hiya, I've noticed sometimes mixes that sound great on Bryston 4b SST + SCM20s/NS10s and well most speakers sometimes still...

smokethief
replies: 5 views: 314
hilljam 3 days ago

Hi, I was just recently given a TC 6000 Mastering unit by a friend. It is basically new - only used to mix one album. I know...

KJandKT
replies: 12 views: 2,663
guitar012001 3 days ago

I've read many times that few people are using mb compression. I am curious as to why? Why is it dangerous territory? To me it...

m_gant
replies: 83 views: 13,032
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

The MLA-2 is not my main compressor. But I use it from time to time for certain types of program. I like this instrument for it's...

Tom Meyer
replies: 15 views: 5,966
Jansemann4433 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 489 views: 107,295
Shaggy2039 5 days ago

Hi, I am searching for the best native Vari-Mu emulation (or with a similar glueing without compressing too much behaviour)...

ampar
replies: 151 views: 38,772
leckel1996 5 days ago

I got the following from a long-time Hip Hop client of mine: "I wanted to know if I can book a couple hours of studio...

Trakworx
replies: 77 views: 4,583
MAXX VADA 5 days ago

Still looking for my perfect eq.(If there is one). Bought and sold Knif Soma. Great eq but added tube color that I didn't need...

seedubs
replies: 5 views: 530
seedubs 5 days ago

Hey guys, Did anyone try this EQ? It looks something like Gyraf G23. Here is the link to IGS website....

Solic
replies: 9 views: 4,175
cmwolf 5 days ago

As a new member of a presently very small club of owners, I think a thread about this box might be merited. 'What's it...

Trakworx
replies: 55 views: 7,158
Chipirones 6 days ago

I go to their website and there's no information. No FAQ, no "here's what we so", no cost info, nothing. The only...

wildplum
replies: 38 views: 2,372
vyedmic 6 days ago

Some months ago I got a phone call from a guy in the US encouraging me to try a new type of audio processing called FiDef....

Chris Bauer
replies: 75 views: 12,165
Trakworx 6 days ago

I am trying to prepare some old mixes that was recorded using old digital and cheap gear(Digidesign Session 8, Art pre-amps,...

puppee
replies: 23 views: 1,813
James Lehmann 6 days ago

Does anyone in here know how to move a clip or clips in wavelab pro 11 — not by dragging, but by entering a specific amount of...

hilljam
replies: 4 views: 256
hilljam 1 week ago

Hi, I'm considering a new eq for my Mix Bus. I rarely Master anymore, but I prefer running a mastering grade eq for various...

engmix
replies: 42 views: 6,638
mrand 1 week ago

Here's an obscure one for the archivally-minded people in the group: My aunt just passed along to my parents a family...

hilljam
replies: 3 views: 209
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 1,016 views: 146,483
Quantumphysics 1 week ago

Hi, I have an SSL Bus+ that I am starting to feel is being outclassed by my other tools in my mix bus chain. I’m coming to the...

engmix
replies: 49 views: 3,105
YOHAMI 1 week ago

I recall reading on GS and elsewhere that humans can't detect LF directionality because the distance between our ears isn't great...

Trakworx
replies: 42 views: 1,753
FabienTDR 1 week ago

Hey Folks, We all know that BGM’s facility and personnel have been thoroughly discussed here, however, this particular topic...

MrG
replies: 8 views: 664
yeloocproducer 1 week ago

hello friends could you please recommend me halfspeed mastering studios in EU enjoy the day

TurnT
replies: 11 views: 578
DAH 1 week ago

I've had a Pendulum OCL-2 for several years and finally got around to using the side chain insert section. Musician, producer,...

ears7
replies: 29 views: 5,420
HiFiYeah 1 week ago

Has anyone tried this 4 band stereo EQ? If so, what are your thoughts on it? How does it compare to other EQs you've tried?

Bingy
replies: 1 views: 270
ampar 1 week ago

I'm just gonna leave this here since its the 21st of September 2022.. cooge https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

bcgood
replies: 2 views: 343
bcgood 1 week ago

I have a track I'm mastering... the demo I have is a basic master that, let's say, the producer is attached to. The demo...

Spells
replies: 36 views: 3,147
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

In mastering we are doing a bunch of stuff to bring the mix out a lil better. Why can't the mix be made a little better IN THE...

wwjd
replies: 33 views: 5,120
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

So I was watching this and wondering if others are doing the same thing? Looks like he's doing specific sections, but RX also has...

graphicnomad
replies: 7 views: 666
Stereo Flux 1 week ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 154 views: 30,773
Trakworx 1 week ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 186 views: 38,899
disantlor 1 week ago

Hi, I asked the question to a distributor (Beleive) and did not quite get the answer or details i wanted to know. So i try...

audioluche
replies: 13 views: 657
surflounge 1 week ago

I am wondering about cable length and quality for my mix bus, where I use a mastering grade converter (HEDD Quantum > EQ >...

Nightowl43
replies: 7 views: 561
James Lehmann 1 week ago

Do I need an interface with wordclock ins to try out a single A/D Converter? Or does SPDIF and/or toslink carry the clock?...

maxerror
replies: 14 views: 559
afv 1 week ago

After using WaveLab Pro daily for the last 8 months, i've got my workflow down. grey matter & muscle memory flyjng along. All...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 58 views: 3,731
moostapha 1 week ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 1,244 views: 98,664
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

I'm looking at a pair of Titans or the STC for mastering duties.Has anybody tried both or have both? I really like the look of...

Deleted eaed1be
replies: 9 views: 2,600
Adam Dempsey 2 weeks ago

Hi! I'm Playing with my DM comp and wanted to find some good mastering settings. I know.. each song it's different but I find...

JohnyJoe
replies: 0 views: 183
JohnyJoe 2 weeks ago

Hi, I just wanted to share something I found that helps for mastering your music for Vinyl using Kunaki's Vinyl service. A bit...

Nick43
replies: 17 views: 2,713
isaactoast 2 weeks ago

Hey Gearslutz, just wondering what's knocking about in the hardware router/patch switch dept. these days. Something like the...

graph
replies: 5 views: 378
graph 2 weeks ago

Moderators