The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Voxengo
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 508 views: 107,414
ScottBrio 1 week ago

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 473 views: 132,122
Sky 4 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 39 views: 16,146
lowland 28th February 2021

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 83 views: 17,463
AudiotalesDesign 2nd February 2021

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 44,013
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 69,287
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I'm confused. I've read a lot on that topic, and i'm even more confuse. I hope someone here can help me If the final master...

Frankie.T
replies: 135 views: 4,273
ardis 2 hours ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 97 views: 14,225
ashmundo 3 hours ago

How do you achieve the hard clipped sound of Hip Hop/Pop without actually making stuff sound "choked", for the lack of...

darkalex
replies: 17 views: 971
loji 6 hours ago

Just waiting for it to arrive today. hittt I needed a Var Mu and this one should go nicely with my Maselec MLA-3. I figured if...

polybonk
replies: 27 views: 4,654
mr.styles 9 hours ago

Hi there lot, I'm getting PMC twotwo speakers (they have an AES 3 input), and I don't know what interface/solution to buy that...

andrescoca
replies: 6 views: 254
Simon Morrison 9 hours ago

Hello, Today, I analyzed compared a couple of non-analog emulated compressors, Ableton's built-in one, and TDR's Kotelnikov,...

sambaji
replies: 9 views: 562
loji 10 hours ago

Does someone know if there is a software / possibility to measure the average stereo width of a track? I want to analyse...

BlueDoorRecords
replies: 9 views: 312
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

So, I stumbled across this...

Surbitone
replies: 41 views: 1,079
Jerry Tubb 11 hours ago

Quick question... Does anyone know of a FB group or online community where mixing and mastering engineers share there music and...

Keeby
replies: 2 views: 155
Trakworx 12 hours ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 67 views: 11,537
Ivandovich 14 hours ago

I am not a believer in a lot of audiophile tweaks but I just found something that is pretty amazing. I put these under my ALON...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 397 views: 96,112
phaz 18 hours ago

Hey guys, I'd like to know if there's another Bax eq than the Dangerous I own, which could bring a less "zingy" sound...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 32 views: 3,391
teebaum 18 hours ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 671 views: 121,569
nichttuntun 21 hours ago

I'm not a mastering engineer... but I've dabbled. Worked a project as mix engineer and not happy with the results from the...

spiderman
replies: 29 views: 1,277
I.R.Baboon 1 day ago

Dear ELDERS OF THE INTERNET, I want to ask the hive mind this question in relation to my MA thesis in Music (your answers maybe...

Stilnox
replies: 39 views: 1,478
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

Im doing my very first paid mastering job, and the client has asked if I can embed the ISRC codes into the tracks. Are there any...

Carbinax
replies: 46 views: 39,934
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 986 views: 156,731
audiomaster 1 day ago

The Role of Clipping in Audio Mastering - YouTube Watching that video makes me wondered about what is the real difference...

ertugrulgul
replies: 33 views: 2,725
ertugrulgul 2 days ago

Does anyone have any experience with this device? There does not seem to be a lot of users, but I really like the design ethos...

Switchcraft
replies: 18 views: 1,398
Trakworx 2 days ago

No hype thread, but I am really liking the MD4 HD for multiband processing on some tracks. Smoothest recombined LP MB I've...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 10 views: 535
Joe_caithness 2 days ago

So, I know every song is different, but lets just say you've received the perfect mix- everything sounds even and nothing you'd...

ScottBrio
replies: 62 views: 3,153
Sharp11 3 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 241 views: 69,672
Analogue Mastering 3 days ago

Bettermaker Mastering compressor: How does this sound? Which Vca compressor can we compare to this? I have not found a single...

amit monga
replies: 6 views: 1,016
macc 3 days ago

Has anyone tried the new Sonic Studio Mastering Eq? Sonic Studio Professional Mastering Systems and Amarra High Resolution...

engmix
replies: 33 views: 7,244
Jerry Tubb 4 days ago

Big Fan of Pendulum Audio, but what is happening there? Products no longer available, company being sold? confoosed

Alécio Costa
replies: 14 views: 783
Bobhoffnar 4 days ago

This processor is pretty old, but as mastering compressor not many reviews, but the rare reviews are veru good. If You have good...

HighEnd
replies: 1 views: 186
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

So, I picked up a couple new reference discs, because they won Grammies for ‘Best Engineered Album,’ and because they’re in...

Resort Records
replies: 105 views: 7,351
Zed999 5 days ago

I always loved clean and modern mixes, so years after years of work, i think i achieved a good knowledge, and i'm very happy with...

Frankie.T
replies: 5 views: 451
TomVY 6 days ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 71 views: 15,435
stsieq 6 days ago

As someone who masters as part of my regular production, writing, composing -- all with mixing -- work, do you feel that the...

noah440
replies: 36 views: 2,904
nichttuntun 6 days ago

Hi , Is it worth buying in 2021 the legendary TC 6000 Native with MD3/4 for mastering? Do you think it's a waste of money as...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 21 views: 2,204
Lagerfeldt 6 days ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 170 views: 28,601
Seamus O' Bottle 6 days ago

Anyone who owns one and has a setting that mimics an SSL buss compressor ?

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 0 views: 152
JimmyBoyZ 6 days ago

what would it be - and why? I choose: DMG Equilibrium, Multiplicity and Limitless. Super sound and flexibility. Just for...

mcferrison
replies: 47 views: 3,950
bmanic 1 week ago

Any ME's using one of these? Finding little testimony from ME types on gearslutz (maybe the silence speaks for itself?). SIPP...

mftorso
replies: 20 views: 2,402
protools 1 week ago

I'm curious if anyone has any interesting solutions for a FabFilter Pro-L2 Control Surface? I need it for an otherwise 100%...

Nevemachine
replies: 7 views: 633
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it's not. It's not a done deal but I'm thinking about getting a pair of...

matskull
replies: 9 views: 883
duende 1 week ago

I currently use a standalone, audio input spectrum analyser on a dedicated feed from desk. It means whatever I listen to, even in...

JohnnyWoodbine
replies: 12 views: 3,708
lovekrafty 1 week ago

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats...

amit monga
replies: 55 views: 7,770
Alécio Costa 1 week ago

I never thought i would miss it but sometimes I do. I never used the compressor as intended. I have much better compressors, but...

ORC
replies: 95 views: 18,766
edva 1 week ago

...arrived some days ago & i thought i share my impressions w.r.t. mastering. some time ago had my trip through the...

karumba
replies: 89 views: 24,001
lsdornothin 1 week ago

I have this strange problem, that the stereo width of a track gets smaller, when I use outboard equipment. I really tried...

BlueDoorRecords
replies: 14 views: 504
Edward_Vinatea 1 week ago

I follow up the Massive pasive Tricks? What about Cranesong STC 8 tricks? Any favorite Preset settings? Do you use the V modes...

masterpool
replies: 62 views: 17,545
OTRM 1 week ago

Interested in Overstayer. But which one for mastering? Overstayer Modular Channel Overstayer M-A-S Overstayer NT-02A I'm...

Trakworx
replies: 47 views: 5,232
polybonk 1 week ago

Not sure where to put this one, but it looks like people posts about Wavelab here, so here goes: I just reinstalled everything...

kuasalogam
replies: 5 views: 528
Nonlinear 1 week ago

Anyone here that can still transfer DDP on Exabyte? Old archive that needs to be transferred to wav

misjah
replies: 9 views: 400
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

Hi guys, I would like to focus the attention on this new design and topology...

Giuseppe Zaccaria
replies: 25 views: 4,998
AudiotalesDesign 1 week ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 369 views: 100,102
FabienTDR 1 week ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 171 views: 41,811
jpanderson80 1 week ago

Hi all! Which mastering compressor do you recommend for under 1K? After mastering ITB for quite some time (I know, I know)...

JimiPeg
replies: 14 views: 927
cmwolf 1 week ago

Moderators