Quantcast
Mastering Forum - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Voxengo
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 544 views: 140,178
Trakworx 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 511 views: 112,640
ruby06 2 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 39 views: 17,167
lowland 28th February 2021

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 83 views: 19,307
AudiotalesDesign 2nd February 2021

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 44,863
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 70,018
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I'm looking to replace my 8200 mix buss EQ (which I love) with something that has detented knobs and I thought I might as well go...

syra
replies: 645 views: 144,243
idee und klang 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, Did you listen to some tracks on Apple Music encoded in Atmos ? Do you like it versus normal master, do you...

qslprod
replies: 32 views: 1,470
[email protected] 2 hours ago

I see there are "mastering eq" "mastering compressor" and so on. What differences between them and...

Frankie.T
replies: 11 views: 456
Miles Flint 3 hours ago

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody out there has found any affordable hidden gems useful for mastering? Brand new or bargains on the...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 35 views: 3,750
toddd_r 6 hours ago

Hello What do you think is future of online mastering, especially now after Covid when music scene / live acts died? will be...

Prototech
replies: 424 views: 17,817
nightjar 9 hours ago

Hello guys. Little help please ... I have a track where the drums were done for me and sent as a stereo stem. The problem is...

axxeman
replies: 17 views: 340
axxeman 22 hours ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 379 views: 101,928
FabienTDR 1 day ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 148 views: 20,839
RogerFoote 1 day ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 256 views: 74,098
SmoothTone 1 day ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,353 views: 196,517
Sam Marks 2 days ago

Hello, I am curious to know how a signal's output DBFS relates to frequency spectrum in a visual spectrum analyzer. For example,...

sambaji
replies: 6 views: 551
FabienTDR 2 days ago

Hi All i am finishing my project in my home studio and am investing in a Neve orbit 5057 to do the final pass. I am sending...

emankayker
replies: 21 views: 554
Surbitone 2 days ago

Hi there lot, I'm getting PMC twotwo speakers (they have an AES 3 input), and I don't know what interface/solution to buy that...

andrescoca
replies: 10 views: 615
Adebar 2 days ago

Hello MEs!!! I'm looking for some input on a 2u mastering quality EQ. I have a Neve MBP (love it!!) and a Silver Bullet en...

billinder33
replies: 11 views: 1,008
Alécio Costa 2 days ago

Does anyone have any experience with this device? There does not seem to be a lot of users, but I really like the design ethos...

Switchcraft
replies: 44 views: 3,212
qslprod 3 days ago

Hello! I sometimes get into a situation where I would like to just lower the volume of side information and leave mid as it is....

8azulak
replies: 14 views: 669
Folkie 3 days ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 109 views: 20,018
ghostman 6 days ago

Up to now Ive been referencing songs mainly off Spotify and I feel like really lacking in quality. Can anyone recommend where I...

Chase Orion
replies: 15 views: 698
Justin Perkins 6 days ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 85 views: 15,608
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

Hello eveyone, I just got a Bettermaker Mastering Limiter and I'm having some issues with it that I don't seem to see anywhere...

braun3000
replies: 59 views: 2,539
braun3000 1 week ago

As the title says. If you are mastering with an Anamod ATS1 then don't sleep on the TX-0 card. Its really made all the...

polybonk
replies: 0 views: 247
polybonk 1 week ago

Have been asked to sit on a panel to discuss MQA Oct 7th. Please help me out with links to any info pro or con that would add...

lucey
replies: 793 views: 76,579
sax512 1 week ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 181 views: 24,397
andersmv 1 week ago

Bettermaker Mastering compressor: How does this sound? Which Vca compressor can we compare to this? I have not found a single...

amit monga
replies: 9 views: 1,608
8ttila 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,334 views: 189,812
thermos 1 week ago

A few people this last month have said that DB is crapping out badly in random spots on playback. There are no issues after...

lucey
replies: 29 views: 1,509
Justin Perkins 1 week ago

hey there, caused by a discussion with macc, I am doing R&D for a full-function passive mastering EQ, basically building...

peter sikking
replies: 127 views: 14,686
peter sikking 1 week ago

Hi, I am looking for a new mastering EQ to complement my Elysia Xfilter, Pultec clone and TK-Lizer. Budget around...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 29 views: 4,859
AudiotalesDesign 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 424 views: 80,128
found12 1 week ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 75 views: 17,243
Robb Robinson 1 week ago

Samply Audio Before commenting, please read the entire post. There are of course plenty of services that can host and play audio...

Justin Perkins
replies: 31 views: 1,259
Justin Perkins 1 week ago

Just found out that Lavry Engineering has released a brand new, flagship, analog-to-digital converter Lavry...

darkalex
replies: 2 views: 597
Slug1 1 week ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 47 views: 12,229
copiapoa 1 week ago

Hello! has anyone had a chance to compare Porter Grinder and HCL Thermos side by side? If yes - the pro and cons?...

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 2,284
copiapoa 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is well and safe. I'd like to do Analog Mastering and step away from ITB Mastering a bit, but I...

sourpatch
replies: 3 views: 342
sourpatch 2 weeks ago

For the past year and a half I've been doing more mastering than mixing and frankly, I enjoy it more than mixing. Clients seem to...

cuba1956
replies: 34 views: 1,581
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

I didn't know where to put this... When you hear this tune what comes to your mind from a sonic point of...

melodic dreamer
replies: 12 views: 551
Carl Freeland 2 weeks ago

I am looking to add one piece of 500 series hardware to my mastering set up. I have been reading endlessly about the PSU, seems...

Matt Pumpkin
replies: 4 views: 252
Trakworx 2 weeks ago

This is my way of giving back to this community... I have tried most of these and they work but you have to be persistent if you...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 21 views: 1,156
Surbitone 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I need some help as I would like to buy an opto compressor for mix/master bus (I do electronic music). I would like...

ChusD
replies: 20 views: 710
StevenLMorgan 2 weeks ago

Hello, Today, I analyzed compared a couple of non-analog emulated compressors, Ableton's built-in one, and TDR's Kotelnikov,...

sambaji
replies: 17 views: 1,272
sambaji 2 weeks ago

As a mere novice, mixing and mastering my own songs, I have to say the Gambia track, featuring Sona Jobarteh is among the best...

sambaji
replies: 13 views: 713
teebaum 2 weeks ago

What are your suggestions for surround mastering DAWs? 5.1 is all I need. Best of breed. Any cost. I'm pulling the last of...

Resort Records
replies: 21 views: 702
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I have listened to DVSN. Drake. Roy Woods. PND. The thing that we love the most about what this camp is doing besides their...

OBOYO
replies: 2 views: 1,315
parisminzer 2 weeks ago

Universal audio just released a version of the Manley Variable Mu for the UAD plug-in platform. Thoughts?

Black Belt
replies: 73 views: 22,660
jdtrbn 2 weeks ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 235 views: 28,605
mljung 2 weeks ago

A question out of curiosity...... I have a Dangerous Master transfer console which uses an external PSU. I see other devices...

OTRM
replies: 1 views: 200
Cassar Audio Lab 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm looking for alternatives for ozone. Im running version 8 now and as izotope has gone for the subscription model,...

d3l
replies: 8 views: 488
Nonlinear 2 weeks ago

Hey all. I have a survey for a university assignment tailored to mastering engineers. Experience level isn't the main focus,...

Dispire
replies: 6 views: 391
Surbitone 3 weeks ago

Is paying for Izotope mastering a scam. i went to a music producers house to record and he charged me to mix and record. I asked...

onshott1
replies: 29 views: 1,235
Warp Drive 3 weeks ago

Moderators