The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Bettermaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Edit, October 11, 2021: This post has been updated with more current information. Below I am sharing something that I send to...

Trakworx
replies: 1,037 views: 262,435
The_Phoenix_2018 16 hours ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 574 views: 194,934
nohay 20 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 46 views: 40,213
Thor 14th April 2022

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 63,355
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 86,944
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Most of the signatures on here that advertise Mastering Houses seem to emphasise the balancing of relative loudness between...

axxeman
replies: 30 views: 1,769
Thomas W. Bethe 6 minutes ago

Here's a question for my fellow old-timers... In a 1630 rig, the DTA-2000 was always hooked up to a dot-matrix printer to...

Jeff Willens
replies: 1 views: 54
cathode 8 hours ago

I've been recording a few songs into my DAW direct from Tidal with loudness normalisation on. Then analysing the integrated...

50-pence
replies: 8 views: 230
deedeeyeah 12 hours ago

Hi folks, I've been a bit lazy about checking out the latest plugins for the last couple of years. Anyone got any...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 78 views: 10,014
graphs 13 hours ago

Anyone know of a nice batch processor that can output several different formats in one pass? So, i want to load in an album of...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 15 views: 362
John Moran 13 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I've done some mastering, but I'm primarily a producer and mix engineer. I'm posting this question here just...

hivestudios
replies: 17 views: 803
Jerry Tubb 14 hours ago

Hey Gearslutz, just wondering what's knocking about in the hardware router/patch switch dept. these days. Something like the...

graph
replies: 29 views: 1,739
da goose 15 hours ago

Just ran the UAD Chandler Limited Curve Bender through Plugin Doctor & the Linear Analysis shows a 5.7 dB boost at 5.4 Hz,...

teknosmoker
replies: 0 views: 87
teknosmoker 19 hours ago

See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-S9dV__res Thanks in advance...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 32 views: 1,007
Thomas W. Bethe 23 hours ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

Deleted 97dbc1c
replies: 170 views: 28,487
Mastering101 1 day ago

well, I always Use Clipper on Kick & Snare/claps To receive Maximum punch without distortion , but the question is will u...

Jacklove
replies: 4 views: 327
I.R.Baboon 1 day ago

My intern asked: "Why can't I just do the mastering until it sounds good and why do I have to worry about things like...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 53 views: 2,950
Trakworx 1 day ago

Hey! To be honest I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need help regarding easy and effective methods of...

Haider
replies: 14 views: 904
David Rick 1 day ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 153 views: 38,347
Udi Koomran 1 day ago

One thing I found interesting and heart warming, is the fact that attended mastering by artists and producers is still a...

thethrillfactor
replies: 0 views: 151
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

What are your techniques for increasing the density of your tracks (prior to any clipping/limiting), and, how do you go about...

ToastMalone
replies: 11 views: 1,063
I.R.Baboon 2 days ago

I think Kevin Gray is becoming one of my personal favorite and most respected mastering engineers. He just seems so...

bcgood
replies: 10 views: 786
FabienTDR 2 days ago

Any suggestions welcome please folks. I want them about 90cm off the ground. Cheers Paul peachh

Paul_G
replies: 13 views: 2,297
Paul_G 2 days ago

I have. Its really good. I'm amazed I have seen no talk of it anywhere on this board. Got it today and quickly patched it in...

thermos
replies: 289 views: 75,660
rrroque 2 days ago

Hi, I was just recently given a TC 6000 Mastering unit by a friend. It is basically new - only used to mix one album. I know...

KJandKT
replies: 13 views: 3,133
guitar012001 3 days ago

Looks good. From Justin_P on the Wavelab forum... I always deliver EP and album masters for approval in two formats. ...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 90 views: 7,609
I.R.Baboon 3 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 349 views: 59,392
Joe_caithness 4 days ago

Since the Mastering Lab closed its door who picked up the slack? Eric Boulanger founded The Bakery and he trained under Doug...

thethrillfactor
replies: 58 views: 2,781
phild 5 days ago

Hi all. I'm looking at getting my first valve/tube piece. Basically to attract more clients and be able to deliver tube...

Ski spiggy
replies: 49 views: 4,632
the fxs 5 days ago

How do you convince your clients to listen to their audio files before sending to mastering? This is happening to me too often...

Trakworx
replies: 96 views: 7,490
I.R.Baboon 6 days ago

Hi all, I'm looking for the term used to describe this phenomenon—the EQ (or compressor, other plug-in or hardware) is...

CFB4
replies: 39 views: 1,883
Aivaras 6 days ago

This is super exciting and I can't wait to get my hands on the record. The reviews have been great....

bcgood
replies: 3 views: 371
Plush 6 days ago

I was just about to transfer a beautiful new 1/2" set of master tapes when I discovered some serious problems with the tones...

bob katz
replies: 45 views: 9,305
mahasandi 1 week ago

Hello What kind of mastering plug-ins / technologies are you still missing in 2022? Almost everything was invented and...

Eplex7 DSP
replies: 95 views: 8,603
melopie 1 week ago

Hi, Sometimes these esses that sounds like paper'ish fragmented smearing occurs either when using a de-esser or just appears on...

puppee
replies: 26 views: 1,696
puppee 1 week ago

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread made about this. Let me know if one of you gets your hands on one.....

bcgood
replies: 36 views: 2,305
macc 1 week ago

How do you guys deal with fades. Say a fade out of a song is perfect pre master (mixed) but once sent through the analog chain...

bleep
replies: 11 views: 620
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

FWIW This was in my inbox this morning https://www.mastering.studio/ These guys are plugin sellers (The Plug-in-Alliance) and...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 136 views: 8,382
moostapha 1 week ago

Hi, Feel a little silly asking this question considering the MM-1 is supposed to be so easy and simple to use. But I've always...

innerbooty
replies: 11 views: 840
duende 1 week ago

Hey all I've very recently had to retire a very long serving windows machine due to technical issues, and I've currently...

huejahfink
replies: 10 views: 11,849
Unnamed 1 week ago

Can I mix 2 different a/d converters when summing? I have 8 of one kind and 8 of another. To equal 16 channels . A radar classic...

acupunk
replies: 5 views: 340
OTRM 1 week ago

Hi, im hoping to get som light or clarity on an issue im having. I know its a Mastering Forum ( I do Master) but I was having...

sheriff
replies: 0 views: 143
sheriff 1 week ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 165 views: 34,488
TaySensei 1 week ago

I have been struggling with this topic for a few days and decided to seek advice. The question is probably simple. Do I always...

dxpd
replies: 10 views: 909
rovergear 1 week ago

I'm on the hunt for a particular compressor sound in plugin form, thought i'd outsource it to the hive mind. It's like a...

Barncore
replies: 10 views: 1,518
Scragend 1 week ago

So I have been searching for some new limiters so I can have a variety to select for different tracks. I've been doing...

imhungry
replies: 2 views: 451
imhungry 1 week ago

51dB audio berlin builds an eq to my...

teebaum
replies: 111 views: 13,821
peter sikking 1 week ago

I'm mastering a client's album, only because he can't afford to pay for professional mastering. I'm getting a nice sounding end...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 782
blayz2002 2 weeks ago

Forum friends, So here we are in 2023; in August it'll be 28 years since I started with version 2 of the SADiE digital audio...

lowland
replies: 34 views: 2,224
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

I am getting more and more songs that have been "pre mastered" by the recording/mixing engineer. It is hard enough to...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 136 views: 7,100
Avatar for Deleted 27b07eafed5ed13
Deleted 27b07eafed5ed13 2 weeks ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 120 views: 17,733
Plush 2 weeks ago

Hi, I am actually using an Antelope Orion Synergy Core as an audio interface connected to an iMac via thunderbolt. I just bought...

JazzHot
replies: 9 views: 829
jdsbleedo 2 weeks ago
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering

Well this should be quite interesting :heh: Instagram

X-Pand Sound Mastering
replies: 54 views: 12,431
MRSEED 2 weeks ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 50 views: 11,716
gyraf 2 weeks ago

Does anyone use this compressor? It seems like a mystery unit... very little about it here and no good demo vids on Youtube....

billinder33
replies: 34 views: 4,086
nohay 2 weeks ago

Moderators