The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Bettermaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Edit, October 11, 2021: This post has been updated with more current information. Below I am sharing something that I send to...

Trakworx
replies: 798 views: 239,668
newguy1 36 minutes ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 556 views: 184,304
M2E 6th June 2022

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 46 views: 37,092
Thor 14th April 2022

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 60,850
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 84,695
Riccardo 11th October 2007

i am coming from ITB from last 6 years and now time has come to step in into the analogue world ! so i mainly USED UAD plugins...

Jacklove
replies: 11 views: 559
AudiotalesDesign 1 hour ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 504 views: 150,013
Melgueil 1 hour ago

Been looking at the Elysia Museq. It's discrete and has a linear power supply. Anyone taken it for a test drive? Just curious

Table Of Tone
replies: 27 views: 8,379
drockfresh 4 hours ago

Anyone have experience with either or (ideally) both of these units that you can share? There are a few opinions on the Museq in...

billinder33
replies: 28 views: 3,752
drockfresh 4 hours ago

As of late, I've been doing a whole lot of demoing various high-end monitors, working in different rooms, changing acoutical...

Victor Lazlo
replies: 34 views: 25,122
DAH 8 hours ago

Every day i see mastering studio of analog hardware but i never see mastering studio specialized for ITB Mastering. I make...

Floydpaint2000m
replies: 40 views: 8,586
Jerry Tubb 9 hours ago

Hiya, Sorry if this is a moribund topic by now, I'm just trying to compile a list of techniques that can help clean up mixes,...

smokethief
replies: 51 views: 2,688
Jerry Tubb 10 hours ago

So the scenario is a track from a studio recorded in the seventies. We cannot find any other versions of the mix. So I suspect...

Carl Freeland
replies: 15 views: 627
Jerry Tubb 10 hours ago

After seeing a handful of people using it in WUMPs and posting videos about it, I got curious. It (vaguely) makes sense to me...

moostapha
replies: 13 views: 845
Jerry Tubb 10 hours ago

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread made about this. Let me know if one of you gets your hands on one.....

bcgood
replies: 0 views: 108
bcgood 21 hours ago

i'm still looking for an 500-rack-eq that can give me a little freshness in the presence range, 2-3 frequencies around 2 - 5kHz,...

teebaum
replies: 32 views: 3,960
the fxs 1 day ago

I am buying for mixing and mastering purpose so i am coming into the analogue world so i have searching alot on this and first i...

Jacklove
replies: 0 views: 61
Jacklove 1 day ago

On the hunt for a stepped (ie. recallable) tube/colour eq to compliment a Porter Grinder and an EQ6S, ideally for close to £3k...

6ARP
replies: 39 views: 2,590
Benoit D 2 days ago

i know only my requirements can answer this question but still i want to know the thought of professionals here . I am young...

Jacklove
replies: 3 views: 301
jamesp 3 days ago

Hey fellow Mastering Engineer, here's something new for you :) 1951 Mastering...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 117 views: 21,305
AudiotalesDesign 3 days ago

irrespective of price, has anyone had the pleasure of comparing these both side by side?

maxerror
replies: 5 views: 873
duende 3 days ago

At the moment I am having this simple mastering chain: NEVE 8803 EQ -> SSL Bus comp (x-rack) -> Bettermaker...

Firechild
replies: 31 views: 3,159
duende 3 days ago

Hello all. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When I listen to my song it sounds ok in most playback...

mrjusting2
replies: 8 views: 567
mrjusting2 3 days ago

Hi, i did hear the files in the compressor comparison thread. somehow i thougt the tubecore sounded more open in the highs and a...

Deleted 674cfbb
replies: 7 views: 3,789
klangfaerber 3 days ago

Hey! To be honest I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need help regarding easy and effective methods of...

Haider
replies: 3 views: 236
disantlor 4 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 1,032 views: 178,899
Bingy 4 days ago

The Challengers: MAAT thEQorange DMGAudio Equilibrium FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Flux EpureV3-x64 UAD Massenburg MDWEQ5-5B Sonnox Oxford...

AlexPicciafuochi
replies: 32 views: 10,701
AlexPicciafuochi 4 days ago

Hi all, Is there any highend software plugin for adding that "authentic" tape compression? Thanks! Rob

Casar
replies: 45 views: 13,316
Naindurth 4 days ago

Sorry for the cross-post -- I need to transfer several DA-88 tapes recorded back in the early 90s (I think), as well as a...

Jeff Willens
replies: 0 views: 91
Jeff Willens 4 days ago
replies: 45 views: 4,854
Beyr 4 days ago

Hi folks, I've been a bit lazy about checking out the latest plugins for the last couple of years. Anyone got any...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 62 views: 7,854
Uncovered Pitch 5 days ago

Anyone tried this yet? https://tkaudio.se/portfolio-items/tk-lizer-2/ Looks great, especially the new HPF frequencies combined...

Conundra
replies: 8 views: 4,427
chaosium 5 days ago

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 103 views: 39,206
ampar 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm currently looking to try something else other than Unisum compressor for mastering. I've been looking at a...

sourpatch
replies: 29 views: 3,446
AudioKemestry 1 week ago

I am restoring a few old albums for CD release. A problem has developed with my TC Powercore Restoration Suite when I De-click. ...

kdf
replies: 4 views: 1,895
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

hello friends, I have a question... I'm thinking of buying a Prims Lyra2 to focus on mastering, little by little I want to add...

joaquinmaruiz
replies: 10 views: 1,315
seby 1 week ago

There is something I've noticed about good mastering, I don't quite have the language for it, but it is that it almost sounds...

tluke
replies: 40 views: 2,273
nohay 1 week ago

(Not specifically a mastering query as such but figured users of the Soundscape DAW stuff could more likely still be active in...

graph
replies: 0 views: 128
graph 1 week ago

If mastering an album that is planned for digital download and streaming but the client may possibly want a CD release at a later...

dialectic
replies: 13 views: 583
dogoftears 1 week ago

This may take a few rounds to ask the question properly. Lets say there is a signal chain from zeros an ones to our...

gurubuzz
replies: 49 views: 2,317
moostapha 1 week ago

Odd situation. My artist registered and received ISRC codes that I will be embedding. One of the song titles is not correct in...

lanschuetz
replies: 16 views: 677
Riccardo 1 week ago

Always found this box interesting but never used one. Seems to be an "all in one" solution, which makes me slightly...

Joe_caithness
replies: 28 views: 18,239
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

Hey everyone, as the title suggests, i am considering my options I have good monitors and acoustics, i master music with...

bojobojo
replies: 20 views: 2,851
ampar 1 week ago

Just took Streaky's 3 Step Mastering Tutorial for a laugh. It lasted roughly an hour and he spent maybe 20 minutes on his 3...

profvonsok
replies: 78 views: 25,119
RADOXIUM 1 week ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 49 views: 10,980
Kuka Morales 2 weeks ago

Ok, we've had the STC-8 tips n tricks thread, which I found pretty interesting, especially for such a "deep" box. So...

Thor
replies: 182 views: 103,040
nick b 2 weeks ago

I had a few requests to list my soundBlade “capture” steps, so i made this long tedious list. I’ve done this many thousands...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 19 views: 1,392
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

This shows a fancy side-view of a forthcoming product. We've been working intensely on it, now for two years. Thought you guys...

FabienTDR
replies: 37 views: 4,941
6ARP 2 weeks ago

I master songs for -14 LUFS as required for Apple Music, Spotify, Youtube etc. noticed that all major music releases on youtube...

TS-12
replies: 32 views: 2,970
Philbo King 2 weeks ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 155 views: 31,955
Iharrison 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 60 views: 17,570
AB3 2 weeks ago

51dB audio berlin builds an eq to my...

teebaum
replies: 103 views: 12,415
Ghost Cable 2 weeks ago

Hey guys! Just want to know if some of you are using those ? I plan to go out of the box, and they look like really great...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 47 views: 10,557
ampar 2 weeks ago

Do you make presets with certain window settings for different frequency areas? I was doing a 10k Pultec boost on a pre master...

traumerei1838
replies: 3 views: 359
traumerei1838 2 weeks ago

Looking for something to use with my Weiss EQ-1Mk II and happened upon the Dangerous Music Compressor but could not find any real...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 8 views: 1,782
augustin187 2 weeks ago

Moderators