The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Edit, October 11, 2021: This post has been updated with more current information. Below I am sharing something that I send to...

Trakworx
replies: 627 views: 214,478
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 556 views: 170,313
M2E 3 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 46 views: 33,214
Thor 14th April 2022

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 58,091
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 82,261
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hello What kind of mastering plug-ins / technologies are you still missing in 2022? Almost everything was invented and...

Eplex7 DSP
replies: 29 views: 1,254
Fred_Abstract 12 minutes ago

People thought I was insane for saying the vintage converter hype is real and coming in plugin form.. but here we are...

Joe_caithness
replies: 24 views: 2,116
rrraaalllfff 2 hours ago

This looks interesting, and may prove very useful for surgical bass EQ work. Anybody else heard of it...

Philbo King
replies: 5 views: 393
deedeeyeah 9 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,634 views: 263,644
shamelesssounds 17 hours ago

Need some advice I do House / Dance Music and occasionally other genres like pop , hip hop etc,,, Looking for a good ADC in...

REMIXER31
replies: 20 views: 1,203
REMIXER31 18 hours ago

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 342 views: 99,767
digi882 18 hours ago

Does anyone have links or schematics to DIY mastering builds? I searched around for the Net EQ plans which I believe are public...

nick b
replies: 5 views: 580
Joe_caithness 20 hours ago

Hi fellas, which are your favorite plugins for mastering? I see more and more ME going ITB in the past two years so Im curious to...

MADA
replies: 68 views: 5,740
thermos 1 day ago

Hi, I'm working on a live recording and all the tracks are sequenced without silence. Between some tracks there is...

Cassar Audio Lab
replies: 9 views: 452
Greg Reierson 1 day ago

Hello all, I have a couple questions about mastering I hope you can answer for me. 1. Does Mastering really make your material...

mr. torture
replies: 10 views: 486
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 day ago

Good morning, I wanted to kindly ask if any mastering engineers are using the IGS audio tubecore (vari-my) or the IGS audio V8...

carolcappetta
replies: 15 views: 992
carolcappetta 1 day ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 86 views: 29,299
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 1,031 views: 174,658
wildplum 2 days ago

I've definitively concluded that 24 bit uploads sound better than 16 bit uploads on Spotify. Now I'm trying to determine if...

burns46824
replies: 45 views: 10,694
splitting_ears 2 days ago

This shows a fancy side-view of a forthcoming product. We've been working intensely on it, now for two years. Thought you guys...

FabienTDR
replies: 28 views: 2,707
JfromRVA 2 days ago

Bought one of these suckers recently. While it's not the most secret unit in the world there's not a lot of information on it, so...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 47 views: 22,388
carolcappetta 2 days ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 149 views: 28,938
tymish 3 days ago

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm currently working on restoring a live recording. I'm not sure of the...

Dan_RS
replies: 4 views: 346
Uncovered Pitch 4 days ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 119 views: 27,568
DanArt 4 days ago

Hello, I have a question about the perception of distortion and different DAC filters. I am a sound engineer in a TV studio and...

hasan aydin
replies: 38 views: 1,885
Rumi 4 days ago

I do the mastering of my clients' songs at ITB. I often use the LinMB, Waves linear phase multiband compressor, quite often. Now...

masterlogic
replies: 34 views: 3,895
Jmfreeland 4 days ago

Hi, I'm in a position where I need to make a DDP to send to a pressing plant. Please could you advise on software options on Mac....

A440
replies: 27 views: 10,294
Simon Morrison 5 days ago

Hi I have a track I mastered yesterday that required a lot of de-clicking etc in RX7. I saved the RX session but today I have...

F. Davis
replies: 34 views: 5,079
StephenMarsh 5 days ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 55 views: 15,714
AB3 6 days ago

Anyone have experience with either or (ideally) both of these units that you can share? There are a few opinions on the Museq in...

billinder33
replies: 25 views: 2,965
engmix 1 week ago

Hi, I am looking for a good stereo mastering EQ to complement my Tegeler Audio EQP-1 for EDM and Techno mastering duties,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 40 views: 6,134
8ttila 1 week ago

Hello everyone I'm having a client that wants me to master a voice over recording at -17.7 LUFS and -0.3dbTP I put a L1...

joni_be_good
replies: 7 views: 630
Alexey Lukin 1 week ago

Hi all. I'm looking at the api 5500 as a color hardware eq, but I've seen comments that it is more colored than the original...

Ski spiggy
replies: 2 views: 417
Ski spiggy 1 week ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 306 views: 53,672
The Beatsmith 1 week ago

I got the following from a long-time Hip Hop client of mine: "I wanted to know if I can book a couple hours of studio...

Trakworx
replies: 50 views: 2,949
Trakworx 1 week ago

I'd like to try and get a picture of how many and which mastering houses/studios offer the Neumann DMM service. I know about...

wheatus
replies: 60 views: 12,696
misjah 1 week ago

has anyone had a chance to audition the new dirac plugin solution yet? i imagine someone with a first-hand experience with a...

snapmastering
replies: 16 views: 4,114
flak 2 weeks ago

Some months ago I got a phone call from a guy in the US encouraging me to try a new type of audio processing called FiDef....

Chris Bauer
replies: 71 views: 11,396
copperx 2 weeks ago

Hi , Is it worth buying in 2021 the legendary TC 6000 Native with MD3/4 for mastering? Do you think it's a waste of money as...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 30 views: 5,963
Joe_caithness 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I still use PSP Mastercomp as a 'clean', final mastering compressor before limiting. In fact, I generally use the same...

The Beatsmith
replies: 15 views: 915
Joe_caithness 2 weeks ago

Does anyone use an external eq to sculpt the side chain in their mastering compressors? I have a neve mbp with an external sc...

nick b
replies: 14 views: 600
OpusOfTrolls 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm sure this is a pretty dumb question, but would it be ok to record left and right of the master buss in two...

zlatan
replies: 7 views: 613
Karloff70 2 weeks ago

Hey fellow Mastering Engineer, here's something new for you :) 1951 Mastering...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 111 views: 19,162
AudiotalesDesign 2 weeks ago

Hi I am kinda new to mastering and wanted to setup a mastering chain, I have an old Avid Omni HD and a bunch of analog gears...

cristtiah
replies: 9 views: 543
graph 2 weeks ago

With the risk of boring everybody to death (already started a few threads on Facebook mastering forums). Does anybody still use...

znus
replies: 26 views: 1,742
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

hi guys, i'm using reaper since some months for all my masters since i really like the workflow. since most album masters...

karumba
replies: 74 views: 16,089
tas chris 2 weeks ago

A few years back I watched this Mastering YouTube video by Warren Sokol, and a question someone asked him caught my eyes. I'm...

dfghdhr
replies: 243 views: 20,220
bcgood 2 weeks ago

I am looking for an eq to cut right above 20hz. Any suggestions? Maybe Maat orange could be a good candidate.

beef
replies: 70 views: 14,506
johannburkard 3 weeks ago

What audio editors allow dithering by plug in? I've heard great things about Airwindow's dither and I don't know how to apply it....

johnmix
replies: 9 views: 597
huejahfink 3 weeks ago

Hi all I've tried searching for something relating to this but wasn't quite sure what it's called or if it's a thing but does...

Philbop
replies: 10 views: 862
FabienTDR 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have any experience with this device? There does not seem to be a lot of users, but I really like the design ethos...

Switchcraft
replies: 87 views: 8,080
qslprod 3 weeks ago

Instead of "perfectly flat, uncolored" studio monitors like Adams, Focals, Barefoots, etc., it is more common to see...

Nonlinear
replies: 229 views: 44,836
Jerry Tubb 3 weeks ago

I've be told that there is some controversy concerning which wav format (floating point, 24 bit, or 16 bit) is best for creating...

wildplum
replies: 33 views: 1,657
Jerry Tubb 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I have been meditating for some years now. slowly my interest started growing in creating my own Theta Waves/Binaural...

chumusic
replies: 4 views: 449
Jerry Tubb 3 weeks ago

I've watched several interviews lately with big-name mixing engineers and there seems to be a trend towards working increasingly...

Ortus
replies: 13 views: 1,323
RogerFoote 3 weeks ago

Moderators