The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Bettermaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Edit, October 11, 2021: This post has been updated with more current information. Below I am sharing something that I send to...

Trakworx
replies: 1,023 views: 260,028
The_Phoenix_2018 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 556 views: 192,752
M2E 6th June 2022

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 46 views: 39,835
Thor 14th April 2022

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 63,075
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 86,719
Riccardo 11th October 2007

FWIW This was in my inbox this morning https://www.mastering.studio/ These guys are plugin sellers (The Plug-in-Alliance) and...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 136 views: 8,177
moostapha 1 hour ago

This is super exciting and I can't wait to get my hands on the record. The reviews have been great....

bcgood
replies: 0 views: 30
bcgood 2 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I've done some mastering, but I'm primarily a producer and mix engineer. I'm posting this question here just...

hivestudios
replies: 2 views: 107
Ruairi 3 hours ago

Hi all, I'm looking for the term used to describe this phenomenon—the EQ (or compressor, other plug-in or hardware) is...

CFB4
replies: 32 views: 1,331
rainergem 4 hours ago

How do you guys deal with fades. Say a fade out of a song is perfect pre master (mixed) but once sent through the analog chain...

bleep
replies: 10 views: 458
S_mask 5 hours ago

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread made about this. Let me know if one of you gets your hands on one.....

bcgood
replies: 34 views: 1,932
S_mask 5 hours ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 346 views: 58,948
rainergem 12 hours ago

Hi, Feel a little silly asking this question considering the MM-1 is supposed to be so easy and simple to use. But I've always...

innerbooty
replies: 11 views: 733
duende 15 hours ago

Hello What kind of mastering plug-ins / technologies are you still missing in 2022? Almost everything was invented and...

Eplex7 DSP
replies: 94 views: 8,185
melopie 23 hours ago

Hey all I've very recently had to retire a very long serving windows machine due to technical issues, and I've currently...

huejahfink
replies: 10 views: 11,801
Unnamed 23 hours ago

Hi, Sometimes these esses that sounds like paper'ish fragmented smearing occurs either when using a de-esser or just appears on...

puppee
replies: 25 views: 1,558
Ruairi 1 day ago

Since the Mastering Lab closed its door who picked up the slack? Eric Boulanger founded The Bakery and he trained under Doug...

thethrillfactor
replies: 57 views: 2,351
Ruairi 2 days ago

Can I mix 2 different a/d converters when summing? I have 8 of one kind and 8 of another. To equal 16 channels . A radar classic...

acupunk
replies: 5 views: 296
OTRM 2 days ago

I was just about to transfer a beautiful new 1/2" set of master tapes when I discovered some serious problems with the tones...

bob katz
replies: 41 views: 9,068
mahasandi 2 days ago

Hi, im hoping to get som light or clarity on an issue im having. I know its a Mastering Forum ( I do Master) but I was having...

sheriff
replies: 0 views: 104
sheriff 2 days ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 165 views: 34,253
TaySensei 3 days ago

I have been struggling with this topic for a few days and decided to seek advice. The question is probably simple. Do I always...

dxpd
replies: 10 views: 814
rovergear 3 days ago

I'm on the hunt for a particular compressor sound in plugin form, thought i'd outsource it to the hive mind. It's like a...

Barncore
replies: 10 views: 1,406
Scragend 3 days ago

So I have been searching for some new limiters so I can have a variety to select for different tracks. I've been doing...

imhungry
replies: 2 views: 391
imhungry 3 days ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 148 views: 37,814
ionian 4 days ago

51dB audio berlin builds an eq to my...

teebaum
replies: 111 views: 13,696
peter sikking 4 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

Deleted 97dbc1c
replies: 169 views: 28,130
robobob 5 days ago

I'm mastering a client's album, only because he can't afford to pay for professional mastering. I'm getting a nice sounding end...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 723
blayz2002 6 days ago

Forum friends, So here we are in 2023; in August it'll be 28 years since I started with version 2 of the SADiE digital audio...

lowland
replies: 34 views: 2,142
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

How do you convince your clients to listen to their audio files before sending to mastering? This is happening to me too often...

Trakworx
replies: 95 views: 7,240
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

I am getting more and more songs that have been "pre mastered" by the recording/mixing engineer. It is hard enough to...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 136 views: 6,889
newguy1 1 week ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 120 views: 17,600
Plush 1 week ago

Hi, I am actually using an Antelope Orion Synergy Core as an audio interface connected to an iMac via thunderbolt. I just bought...

JazzHot
replies: 9 views: 807
jdsbleedo 1 week ago
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering

Well this should be quite interesting :heh: Instagram

X-Pand Sound Mastering
replies: 54 views: 12,313
MRSEED 1 week ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 50 views: 11,650
gyraf 1 week ago

Does anyone use this compressor? It seems like a mystery unit... very little about it here and no good demo vids on Youtube....

billinder33
replies: 34 views: 3,946
nohay 1 week ago

On the hunt for a stepped (ie. recallable) tube/colour eq to compliment a Porter Grinder and an EQ6S, ideally for close to £3k...

6ARP
replies: 42 views: 3,728
teebaum 1 week ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 128 views: 33,426
rovergear 1 week ago

Been receiving a lot of these lately. I’ll typically start with a series of high frequency limiters so it’s not painful...

nick b
replies: 35 views: 2,038
traumerei1838 1 week ago

Who do you like for cutting lacquers these days? I just learned that the person we used for many years — the amazing Ian...

hilljam
replies: 25 views: 1,120
6ARP 1 week ago

I was just playing some R&B songs from a playlist on Spotify (with the normalisation feature turned off) and Youtube Music...

pkole
replies: 28 views: 1,653
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Hi Guys I bought a Prism Lyra 2 I want to try out the method of clipping the converter. Do I need an outboard piece of...

ajscent
replies: 23 views: 1,773
dfghdhr 1 week ago

hello friends, I have a question... I'm thinking of buying a Prims Lyra2 to focus on mastering, little by little I want to add...

joaquinmaruiz
replies: 11 views: 1,490
dfghdhr 1 week ago

Hi,  I am in search of formant frequency ranges for Urdu language vowels. Is there any reliable paper or link available...

Haider
replies: 6 views: 480
Haider 1 week ago

Looks good. From Justin_P on the Wavelab forum... I always deliver EP and album masters for approval in two formats. ...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 89 views: 7,303
Ruairi 1 week ago

What are your techniques for increasing the density of your tracks (prior to any clipping/limiting), and, how do you go about...

ToastMalone
replies: 10 views: 915
DAH 1 week ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 244 views: 36,457
brhoward 1 week ago

Amusing video about record production: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f344wxy-2pU But imagine trying to work with a monitor...

kludgeaudio
replies: 3 views: 416
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

The last threads derailed into build quality discussions and its been out enough that it must have some users around. Anyone...

polybonk
replies: 4 views: 888
the fxs 1 week ago

Seeking input from those who have used both unit’s HPFs and LPFs. I love the Bax’s ability to gracefully limit the...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 0 views: 196
drumsandcymbals8 1 week ago

Has anyone found use for one of these equalizers on the mix? Someone is selling a 4001 series and a 4300 series locally. I know...

Seditionary
replies: 35 views: 14,248
HansMues 2 weeks ago

Hey there, Has anyone had a play with the Tokyo Dawn DeEdger? I just used it on a project where the vocalist had used 2...

Channel time
replies: 138 views: 30,473
teebaum 2 weeks ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 540 views: 155,586
Joe_caithness 2 weeks ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 1,018 views: 149,389
lucey 2 weeks ago

DBC-M Mastering Grade Audio Compressor - Buzz Audio Do you like? It's quite ugly but after searching again and again for a...

chazmar
replies: 19 views: 4,760
lowland 2 weeks ago

Moderators