Quantcast
I guess we are all out of a job then? ;) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I guess we are all out of a job then? ;)
Old 28th May 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I guess we are all out of a job then? ;)

Anyone seen this "auto-master" browser software?

Simply upload your track, and the algorithms will master it in minutes, try it out for yourself.

https://www.landr.com
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm pretty sure this thread was just done? in a nutshell could be good for some guys who try to DIY master in a poor acoustical space but auto mastering still has a long way to go before it can take over (if it ever does)
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Yep, there was a thread a while back about this, it sort of went like this:

OP: "Have you guys checked out this site that auto-masters?"

GenPop: "Bwhaaaa!! What a joke! Some of us tried it, and basically: It SUX!"

Developers: "Hi, we're the developers. Thanks for the critique, we're making our software smarter based on your comments, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable opinion, we're making improvements! BTW, we've got Ph.Ds!"

GenPop: "Hahaha, the robot took my optimal mix and f-ing FRIED it."

Developers: "Okay then, thanks. Bye."
Old 29th May 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
If producers would take the time to sit down with some beers and a joint at an attended session with pretty much *anyone* with serious mileage in the overall/big-picture aspects of public presentations of recording and transmission, all this jive would vanish.
Old 29th May 2014
Lives for gear

10 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
"Sound like a pro without paying studio rates or learning complex plug-ins" Well then, the future will prove if all this can be done by a piece of software. I guess then, the people behind it are seasoned professinals who understood about mastering in the first place, right?
Old 30th May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco ➡️

Developers: "Hi, we're the developers. Thanks for the critique, we're making our software smarter based on your comments, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable opinion, we're making improvements! BTW, we've got Ph.Ds!"

Funny and true, I can't help wondering if the developers might have the last laugh. Now back to some electro rock.
Old 31st May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco ➡️

ha ha ha... right

I honestly have a hard time believing it will ever take off for good quality productions.. Mastering can be simple on the outside but its very complex and easy to screw up.. With a good ear and knowledge of your workstation it can look very simple to some..

Sometimes I wonder what the developers of this type of software are using for monitoring to base there observations off of.. I cant help it and ask my self.. are they even qualified to make such judgments.. are they opportunistic in the new low end market taking advantage of people that are attracted to loud , are they arrogant, are they overly ambitious (witch can be good) or simply unqualified and lack the understanding of how complex automated software needs to be if its even possible.. I'm not sure, but willing to bet its one or the other..

Out of a job no, just seems like we need to spend more time than ever educating and showing people what can be created with the right knowledge and approach..
Old 13th June 2014
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Just posted a detailed review with plenty of audio examples:

Can LANDR Replace Your Mastering Engineer? | Passive Promotion
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackmeister ➡️
Anyone seen this "auto-master" browser software?

Simply upload your track, and the algorithms will master it in minutes, try it out for yourself.

https://www.landr.com
this is perfect for me to add to my fivver mastering business now if i could only find some swank pics of a masteirng studio to stea... borrow indefinitely I'll be all set.
Old 13th June 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I didn't know Steven Slate had a Ph.D...
Old 13th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
28 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance ➡️
Just posted a detailed review with plenty of audio examples:

Can LANDR Replace Your Mastering Engineer? | Passive Promotion
I did my own tests as well, and came to same conclusions. No wonder I'm so busy lately.
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Head
Individual

A master is always something personal. It makes the difference at all. We can also play "auto" melodies. Thta would be great idea then can the world listen one track every day several times. Wouldn´t that be great :-)???

STÖRSENDER
Old 14th June 2014
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
removed
Old 24th December 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm not a fan of automated audio production, but there's a wider research field that's looking at ways to make everyone's lives easier by making tools with an AI component. I worked in this field for a long time before joining LandR, and then quitting a year later (long story). If you're interested in the wider field check out my website:

Intelligent Audio Production

All comments welcome!
Old 25th December 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmickyt ➡️
I'm not a fan of automated audio production, but there's a wider research field that's looking at ways to make everyone's lives easier by making tools with an AI component. I worked in this field for a long time before joining LandR, and then quitting a year later (long story). If you're interested in the wider field check out my website:

Intelligent Audio Production

All comments welcome!
all of those things are just a slow way to have full human control by the machine soon or later
i am 100% against it!
life would be much easier if there were more family own business like nice organic restaurant, farmers, real carpenters, ME... and less people spending their life looking after the most profitable way of making any kind of crap.

greed is bad, but that's not a breaking news..

merry Xmas to all!
Old 25th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I tried LANDR earlier this year on a punk rock mix with very reasonable levels and the 'master' I got back was horrid. Maybe its better now, but I would never recommend LANDR to any of my clients. Maybe I will try it again, but why bother? Am I that bored? Perhaps its a useful tool for the newbie that has no idea about the mastering process or the actual potential for what proper mastering can do.
Old 16th March 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I've started a separate thread for more general discussions of AI audio production:

AI Audio Production

Cheers!
Mike
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…