Quantcast
Sonoris DDP Creator Issue - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonoris DDP Creator Issue
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Sonoris DDP Creator Issue

I am having an issue creating a DDPi with the Sonoris software and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. Between the 3rd and 4th track there is an atmospheric section and the marker for the 4th track starts in the middle of it. When creating the DDPi in Sonoris, it is adding a lip of silence at the start of the 4th track so the atmosphere is no longer running continuously between the tracks. I have the usual 2 seconds at the start of the CD and all others are set to zero. I checked it in Sequoia and it played back fine even in the DDPi playback software (which is weird seeing that it is sonoris as well). Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

Verified Member
13 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Are you importing the tracks in as separate files? I battled with this the first time I was doing a DDP with the Sonoris, and it apparently is that the Samp/Sequia CD frames don't line up with Sonoris ones, and they get rearranged. The solution is to import a single, continuous WAV file along with a cue sheet.
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I had exported the files from Sequoia and was back over on my Mac so figured I'd assemble in the Sonoris software. I did import individual wav files. Very strange...
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I ended up just making the DDP in Sequoia. I imported it in to the Sonoris creator to check and it played back fine. Only when importing as individual audio files do you run in to the issue. Something for others to be aware of. Glad I double checked the transition!
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…