RMG SM 911 reference level - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RMG SM 911 reference level
Old 1st March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by neumannizer ➡️
Well maybe your sm 900 was losing the quality and you should compare sm900 and sm 911 both being in the same condition ... I noticed that my sm 911 which is 2 months old after 70-80 times being recorded on it doesn`t sound as good as on the beginning ...That`s pretty logical I think...
That could be the reason. But the SM911 was a fresh one, re-recorded less than ten times. Second, the boomy sounding lo mids have been there from the beginning, even with brand new SM900. BTW I can do the same test with the SM911 when it will have been re-recorded 10 times. That will be interesting too.
Old 1st March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

5 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmanjam ➡️
That could be the reason. But the SM911 was a fresh one, re-recorded less than ten times. Second, the boomy sounding lo mids have been there from the beginning, even with brand new SM900. BTW I can do the same test with the SM911 when it will have been re-recorded 10 times. That will be interesting too.
I see... Well this makes me rethink my idea about recalibrating my studer for sm900. Sm 911 is really great tape. I was working with sm 468 for couple of years which is also great sounding and has great low end but was little too noisy for me .. SM 911 is little brighter tape in comparison with sm 468 and per 528... Maybe that`s why you hear your transients better. I never worked with sm 900 so I can`t comment.
📝 Reply