Quantcast
soundBladeLE question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
soundBladeLE question
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
soundBladeLE question

Just had a nightmare dealing with Waveburner and am demoing Soundblade LE. So far really liking it. You can tell it's pretty old software but I generally like the way it works etc.

However, I am having trouble getting it to do something that is very simple in other software (Toast, WB) and that is a butt edit with a marker there. Soundblade wants to put a fade there that I can't get rid of and it's causing a dip in the audio.

Am I missing something simple??

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hi Drew,

sB will always add a (short) crossfade at edges, even butt-splices. However these should be short enough that there's no way you will ever hear them. For whatever reason, maybe your fade got extended so that you hear a 'dip' in the audio volume across tracks. Normally it's invisible.

See if you can 'drag' it shorter, and if that doesn't help.

Cheers,
Thor
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
This might have to do with the default fade type set for imported tracks.
In preferences > editing tools > import fade you can choose between: Crossfade and Fade in/out. This setting affects the actual edit event to occur in the middle or at the edge of the fade resp. The latter won't allow an edit to occur within the minimum fade length (of about 4 msec), the first one does.
The setting also affects the exact position of a pq mark when placed automatically.

You can change the fade type afterwards in an existing edl by holding control and click the fade. Select the 7th option being Crossfade in the pull down menu.
This is not about the shape of the fade (so ignore the check mark which designates the shape rather than the type).

Hope this helps.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks guys for the info. Much appreciated.

I've also received great pre sale service from Sonic.
๐Ÿ“ Reply