Quantcast
Slate Fg-x usage with multiple tracks for Mastering? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Fg-x usage with multiple tracks for Mastering?
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Slate Fg-x usage with multiple tracks for Mastering?

I understand that when using the plugin you add the plugin to the master bus and go from there but what would the proper way for me to master a collection of songs and be able to a/b each song back and forth to make sure each level of each song is similar to each other

Would I assume I just open a new project import all mixes and add fgx on each track?

And leave the master bus completely empty? Or would it be wise to throw on an l2 limiter at -1 threshold?

Sent from my LG-LS970
Old 22nd January 2013
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yes in that scenario it is probably easier to have an instance of the plug in on each track so tat you can compare perceived level as well as have slightly different settings if needed.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Or you could one instance and use automation. I've done that before and so long as you're careful to not have drastic, immediate changes, it worked great.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
You would have to have a particularly powerful computer to be able to run enough FG-X to have one each on an album's worth of tracks simultaneously.
It's quite a beast.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Say you are happy with one song. Print it and have it available on it's own track in the project. The FG-X is now free to be used on another song.
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidar ➡️
Say you are happy with one song. Print it and have it available on it's own track in the project. The FG-X is now free to be used on another song.

Of course you can bounce, but this might make quick comparisons and ability to make subtle changes across tracks much more long winded and less intuitive than them all being 'live'.
📝 Reply