Quantcast
What TRACK, ALBUM, EP or SINGLE has the highest and best soundquality? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What TRACK, ALBUM, EP or SINGLE has the highest and best soundquality?
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
What TRACK, ALBUM, EP or SINGLE has the highest and best soundquality?

I would say "Windowlicker" from Aphex Twin has the best and highest soundquality and its perfect sound forever! You can´t beat this sound & quality! This tune release is from spring 1999.

Listen:

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker HD 720p - YouTube

You need to start at 04:18 because the rest before 04:18 is just the intro movie scene for this tune.

Its uploaded in HD but the original cd quality is a lot higher and better. If you ask me its the best soundquality ever.

So what do you think about it? This topic could get very interesting because all of you people have different headphones / speakers / soundcards / ear quality / etc -- so all of you could learn a lot from each other.

So whats your favourite mixed & mastered track with the best quality?
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
There are just so many aren't there.

Lots of the music on Bob Katz's honour roll sounds amazing, particularly the albums recorded/mixed by George Massenburg. (Aaron Neville's Warm Your Heart and Lyle Lovett's Joshua Judges Ruth)

Load & reLoad by Metallica sound incredible for that style.

Alicia Keys's albums sound really nice for that genre. (if a little overcompressed) particularly liked The Element Of Freedom

Jens Bogren's work sounds excellent for metal and the like. Particularly his work with paradise lost and soilwork.

I think the last few Alan Jackson all sound really good, in part I think because they are all mastered with little or no compression/limiting.

I like the sound of Skinny Puppy's albums too. They have always been ahead of their time!

There must be a thousand more...

Best,

Owen Gillett
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
1) Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears For Fears
2) Seal - Commitment
3) Michael Jackson - Thriller
4) Rush - Power Windows
5) Joe Satriani - The Extremist
6) Lisa Stansfield -Face Up
7) Yes - 90125
8) Duran Duran - Astronaut
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahnsinn ➡️
This topic could get very interesting because all of you people have different headphones / speakers / soundcards / ear quality / etc -- so all of you could learn a lot from each other.
This is why there can't be ONE album, song, EP, so on and so forth, that sounds "better" than anything else.

If one particular album is processed by your brain as being "the best", then hey, that's awesome, but understand that in this beautiful world of audio, "best" is subjective.

Don't worry about what anyone thinks is "the best", you might find yourself disagreeing; if that (arguing what is or isn't "the best") takes time away from enjoying what YOU consider to be "the best", then you've failed to understand what music is all about!
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Classic Tracks: Toto’s “Africa”

Quote:
“One other cool thing about the record is something we need to go back to,” Ladanyi says. “The lack of compression used on the final process for the record to be pressed was not an issue like it is today, so the great dynamics of Toto as a band were really felt and heard by the end-user
allot of Steely Dan and Fagen records are pretty amazing .

The Mix article on Toto talks about the players using dynamics ; that's what is lost in addition to the fatigue and distortions of the "WAR" . I can hear the Bass player putting in very subtle accents on my system in the records above ( Try that on ear buds!)

Old 19th January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Joe Barresi's stuff, like Tool's 10,000 days, and Butterfly Effect's Imago.

I also like the Team Sleep album.
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahnsinn ➡️
I would say "Windowlicker" from Aphex Twin has the best and highest soundquality and its perfect sound forever! You can´t beat this sound & quality! This tune release is from spring 1999.
I remember first seeing/hearing[mostly seeing though]when it was first played on "rage" THE Oz video show on the weekends,since the 80's.

I can't believe it's so long ago already...not my trip that much musically,however the visual art side of "Aphex Twin",has always been astoundingly freaky,and highly enjoyable,like the album,or single cover art around the time of "Come to Daddy",of just "the guy's" face.

As farce as best? At the time of Neverminds release,I was on tour with a band,that had great songs and rep,but they[the 2 leaders] were kind of into this Guns n Roses fashion/presentation deal,and musically,my "other"band I was in was kinda "swamp/cowpunk/psychobilly"with Joe Satriani,or Sydneys Eddie VH[me] on guitar,and I remember playing my cassette copy of Nevermind,every minute of driving,on THAT 91 tour[lots of driving touring Oz]and still totally digging it after it went ballistic,and I even got to see them[Thebarton Theatre Feb 92,after our tour ended].

I really remember loving the sound of "real drums"again,of that whole early 90's period,and thinking what a great time for Rock it was then,but then it kinda DIED,with bands like Bush,and Creed,which seemed like 2nd best versions of Nirvana,and Alice In Chains,and I got really despondent with music in general,and stopped,and got sick,but I would have to say Nevermind,Superunknown,Dirt,Jar Of Flies EP,but when I want the pure origins of THAT music,it would have to be Zeppelins whole catalogue,along with The Who's better moments,and delivering this melting pot,in a Live setting,I saw The Back Crowes,in 2008,at the same venue as Nirvana in 92,and that was bliss,proud and pure!
RK
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alécio Costa ➡️
1) Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears For Fears
2) Seal - Commitment
3) Michael Jackson - Thriller
4) Rush - Power Windows
5) Joe Satriani - The Extremist
6) Lisa Stansfield -Face Up
7) Yes - 90125
8) Duran Duran - Astronaut
(in no particular odor(!):

9) Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
10) Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
11) The Police - Ghost In The Machine
12) "" - Outlandos D'Amour
13) Dave Grusin - Mountain Dance
14) Journey - Escape
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…