Quantcast
How GREAT is Denon for mastering? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How GREAT is Denon for mastering?
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
How GREAT is Denon for mastering?

I have a Denon stereo/5ch stereo sound system that I can't stop loving. The first time I heard this system I was so overwhelmed with the sound that I bought it the same day! I just couldn't leave it at the store, I just had to buy it (from a hifi store)... It was one of the best sound experiences I've ever had, it was a holy moment...! Everybody that listens to my sound system become quiet and are really taken by that sound. They want to play their favorite CDs through it and as soon as they start doing that they can't stop...! heh Everything sounds great through it!

I've read that audiophiles love Denon. After I updated the acoustic environment in the room (by rearranging/relocated things in it) where I have the Denon (Denon receiver/amp + Denon CD player connected optically) the sound of it is just superb! I have never in my life heard a better sound as far as I can remember, well maybe once... I use a cheap Paradigm speaker set with it and to me it's really insane how good these speakers sound when I think of the price tag... (something like 250 dollars for the whole set) I have heard a pair of Gradient speakers (maybe 10 times more expensive and 5 times bigger) that was slightly superior, but since I heard them in another room I can't be 100% sure that those speakers were better sounding, they might as well only have been louder. I only just have to fine tune the subwoofer volume per song/album...

I just wonder, how great is Denon really? Do I have one of the better sound systems out there? Is the high quality due to the converter + amplification quality? Can I use this system in a professional mastering context or should it be considered to be too "colored"? In my opinion it is very detailed sounding. I instantly notice the quality difference between mp3 at the best quality and CD quality. I have a hard time to notice clipping in it though (maybe there is some efficient noise filter in it) which is why I think I couldn't use it for mastering purposes...

I LOVE Denon!
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I don't know how to break this to you but..............

I L-O-V-E Denon too!...............who-hooooo!
Old 5th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius van H
I don't know how to break this to you but..............

I L-O-V-E Denon too!...............who-hooooo!
heh Nice!
Old 5th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I used to have a denon DVD 2900 SACD/DVD Player, the converters were awesome, it smoked any midlevel studioconverters...

I always had the impression, that my stuff sounded way better on the denon, then played out of my daw (rme multiface & ADI8AE)
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…