air purifiers for dust? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
air purifiers for dust?
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
air purifiers for dust?

anyone using an air purifier to combat dust?
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

I run an Oreck thingamajig at night when not working. Sometimes on breaks if we stop long enough.

It helps with particles you mostly can't see, but not the larger stuff.

Still, I notice a big difference between using it and not.

john
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I use an austin air to help with my allergies as well as having a really nice one on the furnace with an upgraded blower. I put in a smart thermostat with an air circulation program so even when the heat or air isn't on the blower runs. I also added returns in certain spots. With all that I burn through furnace filters 2-3 times faster then others I know. I put the portable austin unit in my office when I'm working and bedroom when I'm sleeping and it does help me quite a bit. There is a huge difference in my allergies between being inside the house and outside.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I use an ioniser. It makes the dust fall out of the air and stick to the floor. However not all ionisers are the same. I use this one and I find that the effects of having biologicly active negative ions enables clients to stay awake and alert for long sessions.

Elanra Negative Air Ionizer : Ion Generator and Purifier

Costs a bit but it does wonders for your health and energy.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I also use a ionizer in my studio. To me the air stays just a bit more fresh and since i have it (about 6 months now) i see less dust on my equipment.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietrich10 ➑️
I use the IQAIR purifier. I gal I was dating turned me on to this company 7 years ago and I never been happier.. they are truly world class hospital grade .. AND they emmit no ozone... like most air filter do... cost about $850 worth every penny... I bought 3.,, 7 years ago and never regreted it...Filters are expensive but need changing every 2-3 years
Old 7th April 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I use three Honeywell air filters in my apartment. Not studio. I think you might be interested in what I have learned.
Air filters make a big difference. Feel much better in my apartment.
Stay on top of filter changes. Can easily still allow super fine dust from cat litter. Even though my filters say "hepa". Maybe an ionizer will help keep this super fine dust to zero?
I have these filters in every room except music room (studio?). Ain't much of a studio. They are noisy. No noise problem for sleeping or anything like that. Just for recording. Will even shut down the filters outside the studio.

If I owned a place or home with a studio. I would work on the central air system filtering. Get good filters. Add carbon filters to the regular ones. Change often. I like the persons idea of adding returns...better filtering also means less air flow through that return. Also would consider ionizers. Be careful with ionizers. Lear about using them. From my reading on them. You can overdo it and make it actually unhealthy.

Another very good idea is a central vacuum cleaner. Why? When that thing works. All the exhaust air goes outside. Nothing is returned to the studio/room/dwelling.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
I have dust mites and a hoover
Old 7th April 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Certainly, we use a Defensor PH5 ionizing dust filter. It also has a humidifier function.
Old 7th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
I would go with just a filter type. Ionizers can also make significant levels of ozone (03). Whether you like this is subject to interpretation.

Air ioniser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DC
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The EPA and American Lung Association are pretty clear about the dangers of ozone pollution.

Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners | Indoor Air | US Environmental Protection Agency

and

http://www.lung.org/associations/sta...rfactsheet.pdf

GR
Old 8th April 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
That is why it is vital that you use a medical grade one Like the one I suggested.

Ozone Emission

Less than 0.005 part per million ozone at 50mm from the needles.
Old 9th April 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd ➑️
I have dust mites and a hoover
lmao
arf
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo ➑️
I use the IQAIR purifier. I gal I was dating turned me on to this company 7 years ago and I never been happier.. they are truly world class hospital grade .. AND they emmit no ozone... like most air filter do... cost about $850 worth every penny... I bought 3.,, 7 years ago and never regreted it...Filters are expensive but need changing every 2-3 years
Same here. It's a great machine.
Old 9th April 2012
Gear Guru
I used to use ionizers and air filters when I lived in LA. There was so much dirt, smog, car dust, etc. For fun I would ask newbies to go over and check the ionizer, 'make sure you check that center element' and watch them get a good shock!

No need down at the beach here in Carlsbad, the air is pure off the Pacific Ocean (except during Santa Ana conditions when all that LA crap blows down here). The amount of dust here is 1/4 of that in LA. It's mostly just fallout from those Japanese nuclear facilities and dust from China sandstorms.
Old 9th April 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Last year, I began using a neti-pot regularly. I can attest that the difference in my breathing, tasting, and hearing between last year and now is huge. Try it...best health tweak out there.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strdsk ➑️
Last year, I began using a neti-pot regularly. I can attest that the difference in my breathing, tasting, and hearing between last year and now is huge. Try it...best health tweak out there.
What about the brain-eating amoebas?

Not a bad name for a band, when you come to think of it.

DC
Old 9th April 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietrich10 ➑️
IQAIR this IS the one,... made in switzeralnd.. Hospital grade... I have 3 amazing.

No Ozone output
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
thanks for all the replies-

Time to decide which one.
I need a humidifier as well-not sure if can come all in one quality unit.
Lacquers prefer optimum air....
πŸ“ Reply