Quantcast
Abyone ever tried the B&W 600 series out? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abyone ever tried the B&W 600 series out?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Abyone ever tried the B&W 600 series out?

Supposedly very nice, the 800's little cuz....
Anyone know where I can find some good reviews?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedude
Supposedly very nice, the 800's little cuz....
Anyone know where I can find some good reviews?
I have spent some time with them as well as the 800s and the original 802s. Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of mixing on them and I was simply listening and referencing many types of music. They sounded amazing but were obiouvly not the 800s. As with all the B&W high end stuff they have a very realistic image and give you the sense that the musicians are in the room with you. There is very little to tell you that you are listening to a speaker if you close your eyes and they sound great from almost anywhere in the room. Also like other B&Ws the transient response is much different than studio monitors (obviously). I found that it was great for things like Classical and acoustic music but was not as pleasing for things like electronic music where absolute definition and extreme transients are needed. They do seem to make things sound a bit homogeneous which is great to listen to but I think would take some getting used to when working on them.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip Audio
I have spent some time with them as well as the 800s and the original 802s. Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of mixing on them and I was simply listening and referencing many types of music. They sounded amazing but were obiouvly not the 800s. As with all the B&W high end stuff they have a very realistic image and give you the sense that the musicians are in the room with you. There is very little to tell you that you are listening to a speaker if you close your eyes and they sound great from almost anywhere in the room. Also like other B&Ws the transient response is much different than studio monitors (obviously). I found that it was great for things like Classical and acoustic music but was not as pleasing for things like electronic music where absolute definition and extreme transients are needed. They do seem to make things sound a bit homogeneous which is great to listen to but I think would take some getting used to when working on them.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to dig up a pair here in several weeks. Maybe two pair, one for an extra listening set in the room, and one for the TV room.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
604's are pretty cool speakers if you have the room.

I've mixed on 602's several times - Some of the best translation I've ever had.
Old 21st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASSIVE Master
604's are pretty cool speakers if you have the room.

I've mixed on 602's several times - Some of the best translation I've ever had.

Really? And reasonably priced too. Hmm.
πŸ“ Reply