Quantcast
Bob Katz- Mastering Audio The Art & the Science-(Audio e-book online and on i-tunes) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bob Katz- Mastering Audio The Art & the Science-(Audio e-book online and on i-tunes)
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Bob Katz- Mastering Audio The Art & the Science-(Audio e-book online and on i-tunes)

That would be the ultimate reference if Mastering Audio, the Art and Science was an audio e-book.

How about it Bob, should be fairly simple to do with your great audio examples,

This is the official petition to encourage Bob to do an e-book.
Theres something about audible presentations that can be much more effective than written,especially when the subject is audio,

Im not saying either or, but both.

I have a lot of respect for Bob, and being the pioneer that he is and everything moving to the digital realm in regards to presentation, it would be great to see him take the opportunity before someone else does it. (and it would more than likely be someone who is not as knowledgeable as Bob, but may reap the benefits of being the first to market)
I think Bob deserves to be one of the first to do it.

An e-book by Bob Katz
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm not even at the middle of reading the second edition yet but audio examples would be great (reference recordings, how errors sound etc...).
Old 9th November 2009 | Show parent
Mastering

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➡️
I'm not even at the middle of reading the second edition yet but audio examples would be great (reference recordings, how errors sound etc...).
Thanks for both suggestions. There are no plans for an e-book for two philosophical reasons:

1) Piracy.

2) The look, "Cinemascope" feel and design of this book are unique and special and should be handled and appreciated on the fine paper it's printed. When E-books can give you the feel of a pair of 8-1/2 x 11 horizontally-oriented pages with unique Pantone graphics and spacious layout I may reconsider.

As for examples and reference recordings (another great idea, thanks), in my copious free time (!) I'm working on some instructional DVDs. It was slow going through the busy months, but with booking slowing down in this Recession year I hope to have time to finish the script.
Elk
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
The hard copy of the book is indeed wonderful. All books should be this nice.

Audio examples would be fun however.
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by so serious ➡️
That would be the ultimate reference if Mastering Audio, the Art and Science was an audio e-book.

How about it Bob, should be fairly simple to do with your great audio examples,

This is the official petition to encourage Bob to do an e-book.

Come on Slutz, we need your signatures and encouragement.....
if you are reading this, you know that it only makes sense
An e-book by Bob Katz
Man, don't be lazy and read the book!!!!heh heh
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob katz ➡️
Thanks for both suggestions. There are no plans for an e-book for two philosophical reasons:

1) Piracy.

2) The look, "Cinemascope" feel and design of this book are unique and special and should be handled and appreciated on the fine paper it's printed. When E-books can give you the feel of a pair of 8-1/2 x 11 horizontally-oriented pages with unique Pantone graphics and spacious layout I may reconsider.

As for examples and reference recordings (another great idea, thanks), in my copious free time (!) I'm working on some instructional DVDs. It was slow going through the busy months, but with booking slowing down in this Recession year I hope to have time to finish the script.

I do understand your point and they are very valid,
and I do enjoy the look and flow of the physical book
I do feel though, that digital booklet programs like Zinio etc, would allow you to present your work in the hi def cinematic technicolor splendor that would be well received
I do look forward to your DVD though.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL ➡️
I have read the book, which is why I suggested an audio presentation which would be an incredible teaching tool for young engineers.
Theres something about audible presentations that can be much more effective than written .Especially when the subject is audio, Not either or, but both.

I have a lot of respect for Bob, and being the pioneer that he is and everything moving to the digital realm in regards to presentation, it would be great to see him take the opportunity before someone else does it. (and it would more than likely be someone who is not as knowledgeable as Bob, but may reap the benefits of being the first to market)
I think Bob deserves to be one of the first to do it.
I think Bob should put the presentation together while investigating a delivery strategy.

Just my 2c though.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
While I do own a copy of the book, very low vision prevents me from doing much reading so I need to rely on readers for the bits I need.

BTW, I have a 'good ear'.
Glen
p.s. Thanks for the book Bob.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
31 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This reminds me I need to pick up the 2nd edition of Bob's book! I have read the first edition cover to cover more than once. Good info and a fun read for this style of book. I hear the 2nd edition is around 50% new info.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
As for examples and reference recordings (another great idea, thanks), in my copious free time (!) I'm working on some instructional DVDs.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
of course the audio book would have to be read by bob himself heh
ves
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➡️
that's exactly my opinion as well!!
some topics are very complex (for me at least) and an audio example would help things
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro ➡️
of course the audio book would have to be read by bob himself heh
Speak n spell would be far more amusing
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
1) Piracy.
har matey!

Quote:
should be handled and appreciated on the fine paper it's printed.
I still like reading off something besides a screen.

Mychal
Old 10th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Guys, was a Joke..I like to be Silly!
Old 13th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
50% new?
Gosh....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…