Quantcast
Carnegie Hall Frequency Chart - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Carnegie Hall Frequency Chart
Old 30th January 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Carnegie Hall Frequency Chart

I was looking to get a nice version of this chart to frame. I have the one that comes in the Mastering Audio book but it's folded and not really "frame worthy" heh

I noticed Bob sells them on his site. Does any one have one?

How do they look?

Thanks
Old 30th January 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle ➑️
I was looking to get a nice version of this chart to frame. I have the one that comes in the Mastering Audio book but it's folded and not really "frame worthy" heh

I noticed Bob sells them on his site. Does any one have one?

How do they look?

Thanks
Make one up yourself. It's not that difficult. Regards,
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_Vinatea ➑️
Make one up yourself. It's not that difficult. Regards,
I actually think this one looks great and it's to be framed and go on a wall...not for my reference. if you feel you can draw one up to that caliber get out your pen and sketch pad and i'll let you know where to send it.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle ➑️
I actually think this one looks great and it's to be framed and go on a wall...not for my reference. if you feel you can draw one up to that caliber get out your pen and sketch pad and i'll let you know where to send it.
Caliber?, It's not really rocket science. Just write the keyboard's notes and its equivalent frequencies. That's all.

Regards,
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
i don't think you get it....

i want THAT version. maybe i could sketch out the mona lisa and hang it on my wall also.

You're obviously not answering the quesion or helping in anyway but thanks for the effort.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle ➑️
i don't think you get it....have you even seen what i'm talking about?
seriously, it's only note=frequency kinda chart. I could give you a more detailed chart by using my RTA, but sorry not now. Have you ever used one with say, a keyboard? I am just curious.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Ben F's Avatar
 
Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
This one isn't too bad:

Interactive Frequency Chart - Independent Recording Network
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F ➑️
No, that's a great one, Ben.
How are you?
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
here is a link to what i'm talking about. i'm trying to be as clear as possible here guys. i majored in music theory at one of the countries top schools and have been a musician for over 20 years. i am not asking how to use it. this is a classic "HISTORICAL" chart. i want THIS version. not some tacky neon sh*t. this is going in a FRAME. on a WALL. i'm not asking how to USE a frequency chart.

Carnegie Hall Chart
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
wado1942's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Just buy that one you linked. I'm sure it comes in a tube and not folded.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
lowland's Avatar
 
Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle ➑️
here is a link to what i'm talking about. i'm trying to be as clear as possible here guys. i majored in music theory at one of the countries top schools and have been a musician for over 20 years...
..and you don't have $25 for the BK chart?
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #12
kjg
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland ➑️
..and you don't have $25 for the BK chart?
wow...
confusion

the OP is saying he want this chart, the Carnegie hall chart.
he is not saying he does not want to buy it.

he is just asking if anyone got it and how it looks.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
lowland's Avatar
 
Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg ➑️
wow...
confusion

the OP is saying he want this chart, the Carnegie hall chart.
he is not saying he does not want to buy it.

he is just asking if anyone got it and how it looks.
No confusion here :-) The cost of the BK chart is relatively trivial, so the OP should just go ahead and get one - if he doesn't like it, I expect he'll be able to return it. And if he does like it, I'm sure he'll gladly tell us all about it.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #14
kjg
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland ➑️
No confusion here :-) The cost of the BK chart is relatively trivial, so the OP should just go ahead and get one - if he doesn't like it, I expect he'll be able to return it. And if he does like it, I'm sure he'll gladly tell us all about it.
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #15
Gear Guru
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
 
Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Actually I have two of these framed and I got them from each of Bob's two books. Anyone who is a good framer should be able to take these, flatten them and attach them to some backing board and frame them. I gave one of them away to a good friend who will be graduating from Julliard in the spring with his PhD and the other one hangs on the wall of my mastering studio. They both look GREAT!
Old 30th January 2009
  #16
Mastering
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle ➑️
I was looking to get a nice version of this chart to frame. I have the one that comes in the Mastering Audio book but it's folded and not really "frame worthy" heh

I noticed Bob sells them on his site. Does any one have one?

How do they look?

Thanks

The chart that I sell unfolded looks fabulous (but I'm prejudiced :-). If you have the second edition it's identical to the folded one in the second edition.

But the 2nd edition chart is printed with archival ink on vellum paper and has a wonderful texture and feel, and a clearer, sharper look than the one in the first edition. You can make up your own, but it won't be handdrawn in 1941 :-).
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
thanks bob!

why this thread caused so much confusion i'll never know....

i'll be in touch soon. thumbsup
Old 14th May 2009 | Show parent
  #18
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_Vinatea ➑️
Make one up yourself. It's not that difficult. Regards,
Before you post, you should take 30 seconds and make sure you understand what people are writing. Reading comprehension is critical in a forum that requires reading and comprehension. Your sloppy understanding makes it all the more embarrassing when coupled with your attitude.
Old 14th May 2009 | Show parent
  #19
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaku ➑️
Before you post, you should take 30 seconds and make sure you understand what people are writing. Reading comprehension is critical in a forum that requires reading and comprehension. Your sloppy understanding makes it all the more embarrassing when coupled with your attitude.
Hey mr. troll come on ...cut this guy some slack....give him 31 seconds! But, seriously...what slum internet cafe on earth are you replying from?? Oh, of course nobody can recognize a one post trolling resentful mastering engineer...dfegad
Old 15th July 2009 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Nut
 
waxman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
this will save you a little $$$

Piano key frequencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
πŸ“ Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump