Pyramix PMI Disc Image Microboards Incompatability - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pyramix PMI Disc Image Microboards Incompatability
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Pyramix PMI Disc Image Microboards Incompatability

Hi Slutz,

I'm using Microboards CX-1 CD Publisher and software and it hates my Pyramix CD Images which have the file extention .pmi ...it won't import and publish them...It's asking for the following image file types, none of which are options in the CD Image Burn settings for Pyramix:

.di
.iso
.bin
.ima
.udi
.udf

Any ideas?...Is there a preferences setting in Pyramix that I must change to get it to stop burning it's proprietary PMI image format?

Help...I need somebody...Help...not just anybody.

Many Thanks,
brendan b brown
wheatus.com
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
change the .pmi extension to .wav

Works perfectly!

Then you can take the wav file and use Nero, PlexTools or something to make an .iso image if need be. Also the Tascam DV-RA1000 will make a UDF image if you have one available.

Regards,
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
That's not going to help with the TOC, though...

Doing it this way will only give you a plain-vanilla WAV file, no track markers and no text, ISRC, etc. Additionally, a programme like Toast will mis-interpret the WAV header as audio and put this at the beginning of your CD.

The Pyramix disc-image format is proprietary and is based on the Gear-CDR engine.

There really is no 'image' file standard for CD-Audio, except of course, DDPi. The formats quoted by the original poster are really for CD-ROM purposes.

Try looking at the imgburn software and see if that can help.

Now, if the Microboards box supported a BIN/CUE format, then there would be a way to make this works with the upcoming Pyramix version 6.1.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Graemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSD_Mastering ➡️
change the .pmi extension to .wav

Works perfectly!

Then you can take the wav file and use Nero, PlexTools or something to make an .iso image if need be. Also the Tascam DV-RA1000 will make a UDF image if you have one available.

Regards,
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmastering ➡️
That's not going to help with the TOC, though...

Doing it this way will only give you a plain-vanilla WAV file, no track markers and no text, ISRC, etc. Additionally, a programme like Toast will mis-interpret the WAV header as audio and put this at the beginning of your CD.

The Pyramix disc-image format is proprietary and is based on the Gear-CDR engine.

There really is no 'image' file standard for CD-Audio, except of course, DDPi. The formats quoted by the original poster are really for CD-ROM purposes.

Try looking at the imgburn software and see if that can help.

Now, if the Microboards box supported a BIN/CUE format, then there would be a way to make this works with the upcoming Pyramix version 6.1.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Graemme
We figured a work around....I had been using Discwrite to burn CD's on my Pyramix server's DVD-ROM drive....So we burnt a "Master" CD using the old Discwrite method, kept that "Master" in the DVD-ROM drive, opened the Microboards software and pointed it to the DVD-ROM for it's image...worked like a charm. The image was copied directly onto the printable discs with TOC and ISRC in tact....But why the hell can't I do this through the software? Microboards won't let me save the image off the "Master" CD

Any ideas? Obviously I can't have my wimpy little DVD-ROM spinning away until it breaks....There has to be a way to get the PMI CD image into the damn Microboards app with the ISRC and TOC in tact via software?!

thanks again,
brendan b brown
wheatus.com
brendan
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hi Brendan,

While I don't know for sure, it seems that you aren't actually using any 'images' at all - but rather, the Microboards device 'sees' the Pyramix DVD-R drive and uses the disc inside it (not the image) as a master for the duplicator. In other words, you're using a regular redbook CD-R as the master.

Surely, the software that comes with the Microboards device has some way to make an image of a CD-R so that it doesn't need to spin the master DVD drive for every duplicated disc???

What is the "Pass through a temporary disc image" option in the Prassi software for?

Graemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatus ➡️
We figured a work around....I had been using Discwrite to burn CD's on my Pyramix server's DVD-ROM drive....So we burnt a "Master" CD using the old Discwrite method, kept that "Master" in the DVD-ROM drive, opened the Microboards software and pointed it to the DVD-ROM for it's image...worked like a charm. The image was copied directly onto the printable discs with TOC and ISRC in tact....But why the hell can't I do this through the software? Microboards won't let me save the image off the "Master" CD

Any ideas? Obviously I can't have my wimpy little DVD-ROM spinning away until it breaks....There has to be a way to get the PMI CD image into the damn Microboards app with the ISRC and TOC in tact via software?!

thanks again,
brendan b brown
wheatus.com
brendan
📝 Reply