Remaster - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Remaster
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Remaster

I don't know how many of you do this but from time to time I like to remaster songs just for fun. I did this remaster today and I have to say that I much prefer my remaster of this song. Listen to this on good headphones or your nice studio monitors if you get a chance.

Cheers,

bcg

Edit: After installing some new/old very high end gear, I redid the track. I can't get no satisfaction. heh
Attached Files

HIWI Original.mp3 (2.08 MB, 70 views)

HIWI_bcgood_master.mp3 (2.08 MB, 70 views)

Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
I do this sort of thing from time to time on vinyl that I have transferred to digital. It takes me way too long to finish one (nr, crackle removal, then perhaps some EQing and gentle boosting). I wish I had more time to transfer more of what I got; I record at 48k, process and then SPDIF to my DAT deck for listening @ home.

I was just listening to one I did the other day (Love Unlimited's In Heat).
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've tried that with some other people's masters. I find ones that really need remastering are too far gone from the first go to be helped in any way. Now I've successfully remastered several projects working from the original mixes. But that's a completely different animal.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1942 ➑️
I've tried that with some other people's masters. I find ones that really need remastering are too far gone from the first go to be helped in any way. Now I've successfully remastered several projects working from the original mixes. But that's a completely different animal.
True, I think I was able to make some changes, (That I like anyway) because this one wasn't bad really and also not smashed to smithereens.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I meant to say to you, I really liked what you did on that other thing you sent (sorry if this should be by PM, seemed relevant).

Top work sir.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macc ➑️
I meant to say to you, I really liked what you did on that other thing you sent (sorry if this should be by PM, seemed relevant).

Top work sir.
Hey thanks Macc!

Means a lot coming from you, (Mr. G14 heh).

I think you do great work. I'm not just saying that because you like my little "remasters."
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Haha, well the G14 is teaching me a lot, rather than me being a maestro choosing a select tool like some chaps here. Still loving the thing, and feel like I am doing pretty good stuff in general Certainly improving, and the bags under my eyes tell me things are going really well heh Thanks a lot man

Anyway, point of this post was that I can't remember what my version of that tune sounds like, but genuinely, when I hit play in yours I thought 'man, that really sounds nice'.

So pats on the back all round heh Aren't we all great etc etc.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macc ➑️
So pats on the back all round heh Aren't we all great etc etc.
lol heh
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…