Ozone vrs Waves - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ozone vrs Waves
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ozone vrs Waves

Hi Everyone,

So I'm exploring the possibilities and alternatives... What would be your opinion on Ozone in comparison to Waves? Some people hate it and some saying it's pretty good for compression and limiting... How do you think it compares to T-Racks?
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the Ozone for stereo widening and occasional exciting. I would recommend you look at other options for compression and limiting. UAD-2, Waves Renaissance, Massey, Stillwell, etc.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMG ➡️
I like the Ozone for stereo widening and occasional exciting. I would recommend you look at other options for compression and limiting. UAD-2, Waves Renaissance, Massey, Stillwell, etc.
The limiting is probably the claim to fame for Ozone.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Stillwell Event Horizon looks interesting... Anyone ever used it for limiting?
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyelagin ➡️
Stillwell Event Horizon looks interesting... Anyone ever used it for limiting?
I have the Horizon+ and while it's definitely not a go to processor I do use it on occasion. It works well for material where you want to impart a good bit more density and where additional dirt and grit is a tolerable (or in some rare cases, even desired) artifact. Things like reverby retro garage rock seem to work very well with it for example, and in these cases it often can work better than my other limiter options. The majority of cases I find I use other choices for limiting chores though. Since the Horizon+ is so cheap I think it's worth having it as an option in the toolbox though.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMG ➡️
I was exactly about to say that... That multiband exciter is really awesome!
Old 23rd January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I like them both... although, waves can be a little too expensive for a musician who is on a budget.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…