The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Unlimited Mastering for $59.00
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Unlimited Mastering for $59.00

Looks like everyone wants to get into the mastering business. I just got this in my email. I guess it must be very profitable <GRIN> FWIW
Attached Thumbnails
Unlimited Mastering for .00-screen-shot-2021-11-15-2.23.55-pm.png  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
This is aimed at "Prodoosers" who were never going to be your customers anyway. Still, it's good for a laugh.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
13 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Makes me think what would my price be for unlimited mastering.

$/€ 10,000.00 would be close if I was sure client isn't unlimited with creativity as well. In case of unlimited creativity I'd start from $/€ 59,000.00 and up.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Don't worry man it is not your potential clients 99% of the time. But, as a bonus effect some of these targeted people at the end or out of curiosity (or frustrations with AI based services) can be interested in real mastering service.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
i believe that the damage caused by such offers is greater than we might want to admit in view of its ridiculousness:

mastering in general and universally gets delegitimised in the eyes of unsophisticated musicians: who will ever want to spend money on it again if the results are hair-raising?!

it's already the case that mastering is often (i'm even inclined to say mostly) used by those who don't necessarily need it from an aesthetic and technical point of view...
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➡️
i believe that the damage caused by such offers is greater than we might want to admit in view of its ridiculousness:

mastering in general and universally gets delegitimised in the eyes of unsophisticated musicians: who will ever want to spend money on it again if the results are hair-raising...
This is what worries me the most about these types of offers. They make mastering seem like a "mechanical/repetitive" type of process instead of a creative process. Lots of musicians still think of mastering as some "black art" and are not really sure of what is really going on when they send their materials to a "mastering engineer". When they see this type of offer they get even more confused. I don't know why so many companies are getting into this lately it seems like all of sudden every one wants to offer this "service".
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe ➡️
(...)I don't know why so many companies are getting into this lately it seems like all of sudden every one wants to offer this "service".
i can only make assumptions, and they are that some folks are calculating to have machines work for them...

not my idea of craftsmanship, certainly not of creativity, and even less my idea of how we should develop as a society!

should i ever meet someone who is running such offers, i would probably not hesitate to hinder them with the means in my power... - at the moment, i leave it at any time to prove that i can still beat any machine by means of my experience! with that, i am driving up the price for the development of even cleverer algorithms in such a way that only very few enterpreneurs will risk a bet and i push them ideally and morally into the defensive, which i also succeed in doing quite well in the context of my teaching activities.

however, this does not prevent uninitiated laypeople from occasionally falling for such fraudulent schemes...

___

in contrast to all of the above mentioned worries, there are indeed areas in mastering and broadcasting that I'm glad are done by machines: i'm thinking for example of the adjustment of voice recordings for announcements in railway stations....

...and i'm using a broadcast processor which manages to smootly adjust the spectral balance of the programm without me having to constantly compare and readjust eq; same for loudness btw.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Mastering without any limiters?
--scott
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kludgeaudio ➡️
Mastering without any limiters?
--scott
i can't see a worthwhile goal in this - i see it more as a dogma but of course it always depends on the source material and the intended distribution.

more importantly though, my mastering works first and foremost can get compared to therapeutic work: it's less about technical aspects (and if so, more about spectral content than dynamics) but about the relationship with the artists!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…