The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DDP Exabyte
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 
misjah's Avatar
 
Verified Member
🎧 10 years
DDP Exabyte

Anyone here that can still transfer DDP on Exabyte?

Old archive that needs to be transferred to wav
Old 4 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Virtalahde's Avatar
 
Verified Member
13 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Joe Caithness?

http://www.joecaithnessmastering.com
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Yep I have a Windows 98 Sadie 2 rig hooked up here for such things. I look after an archive from the early 90s which needs occasional pulls.

Results dependent on the condition of the tape condition of course.

Drop me an email on the website: http://www.joecaithnessmastering.com
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
misjah's Avatar
 
Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_caithness ➡️
Yep I have a Windows 98 Sadie 2 rig hooked up here for such things. I look after an archive from the early 90s which needs occasional pulls.

Results dependent on the condition of the tape condition of course.

Drop me an email on the website: http://www.joecaithnessmastering.com
cheers. mailed!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Greg Reierson's Avatar
 
Verified Member
5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_caithness ➡️
Yep I have a Windows 98 Sadie 2 rig hooked up here for such things. I look after an archive from the early 90s which needs occasional pulls.
I'm impressed! I have one in a box somewhere but I seriously doubt I could make it work again after 15-20 years and all of the software changes since then.

And now that I think about it, it's probably SCSI....
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson ➡️
I'm impressed! I have one in a box somewhere but I seriously doubt I could make it work again after 15-20 years and all of the software changes since then.

And now that I think about it, it's probably SCSI....
I made a thread on it a while back.

It was found on ebay for 20 pounds, Sadie 2 and 3 rig with the interface, I spent some time fixing it... recently bought all new old stock peripherals for it
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #7
Gear Addict
 
JLaPointe's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_caithness ➡️
I made a thread on it a while back.

It was found on ebay for 20 pounds, Sadie 2 and 3 rig with the interface, I spent some time fixing it... recently bought all new old stock peripherals for it
I don't know why I love seeing vintage digital still working but I really do. Gives me warm fuzzy memories of the early 90s editing samples in Goldwave to use in Fasttracker.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Virtalahde's Avatar
 
Verified Member
13 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe ➡️
Gives me warm fuzzy memories of the early 90s editing samples in Goldwave to use in Fasttracker.
Now you're talking! Gravis Ultrasound Max for the sound card?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Edward_Vinatea's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe ➡️
I don't know why I love seeing vintage digital still working but I really do.
24 track ProTools system circa 1998, the state of the art in its day, tested 6 months ago and working as the first day @ 48kHz/24bit.

I don't care what some people say, but the sound quality was and still is cutting edge.

It was after all made by DigiDesign, not Avid.

PS: sorry, I couldn't resist...
Attached Thumbnails
DDP Exabyte-20210409_091445.jpg  

Last edited by Edward_Vinatea; 3 weeks ago at 02:53 PM.. Reason: ps
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe ➡️
I don't know why I love seeing vintage digital still working but I really do. Gives me warm fuzzy memories of the early 90s editing samples in Goldwave to use in Fasttracker.
you'll love the Vintage DAW Museum thread on here then!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 295 views: 70868
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 175909
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 110 views: 15700
Avatar for smackmastering
smackmastering 3rd March 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump