The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME ADI-2 DAC with LCD-1
Old 4 weeks ago
RME ADI-2 DAC with LCD-1

For anyone using this combination, I’m curious about the Low Power setting vs using the IEM output.

The LCD-1 is rated at 16ohms but is regularly measured at closer to 12.
The “Low Power” setting on the RME is for headphones between 8 and 100 Ohms, but the manual says that the IEM output is also very good for low impedance headphones.

The IEM out seems to have extremely low noise specs, but doesn’t have the same protection circuitry (not sure I would need it anyway). Additionally I know that some headphones work very well with higher power.

So... it’s clear that I *could* use either IEM, Low, or even High power if I really wanted, but what would you recommend?

Another way to ask - if you are using low impedance planar magnetic headphones, what output power do you like to drive them at?

FYI the RME is on its way. I’m just looking over the manual while I wait.

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
I just realized I posted this in the Mastering forum instead of the Gear forum. But it could also work here. Mods can move it or leave it.

You’d think after 18 years of membership here I’d have it figured out...
📝 Reply