Quantcast
Future of online mastering, will be replaced by AI, plug-ins, homemade lowcost guys? - Page 14 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Future of online mastering, will be replaced by AI, plug-ins, homemade lowcost guys?
Old 1 day ago
Motown legend

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
My clients want musical translation and listener engagement at a competitive volume level. A competitive volume level often requires sacrificing some musical translation and listener engagement. That's a decision I doubt that AI will be capable of.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototech ➡️
Hello

What do you think is future of online mastering, especially now after Covid when music scene / live acts died?

The live music scene/liv
e acts hasn't died. It was on a pause exactly how the cruise ships were on a pause.

Humans as a species have and will ALWAYS be entertained by live music, this has been going on for a whle, since way before the Roman Empire era and will continue to go on. For thousands of years, a plethora of show stoppers have come and gone, but music is the fabric of humanity. Once this planned demic blows over, music, concerts, clubs, live shows, etc will blow up like never before.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

It is a good question to ask. In my 43 years in the studio business, I still keep a watchful eye on changes and trends.
But I too have been busier than ever. IMO, it comes down to service, quality and relationships.
Every time I think it's over, things tell me it's not.
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I'm just waiting for the "Quincy Jones" and "Phil Spector" Plug Ins to be released soon!!
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags ➡️
I'm just waiting for the "Quincy Jones" and "Phil Spector" Plug Ins to be released soon!!
I been Phil Spectored, resurrected. I been Lou Adlered, Barry Sadlered. Well, I paid all the dues I want to pay.
--scott
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson ➡️
My clients want musical translation and listener engagement at a competitive volume level. A competitive volume level often requires sacrificing some musical translation and listener engagement. That's a decision I doubt that AI will be capable of.
I suspect AI will at some point be capable of this..

Break down the decision making process and the musical characteristics that are considered.....

Reiterate to the point that offers the client a small range of final choices that are equally within market expectations and just a matter of artistic preference.

I believe this is not beyond what AI can do in the nearish future... it's just a matter of applying the technology that has huge momentum in doing these types of tasks.
📝 Reply