The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wavelab 9 crashes when browsing folder
Old 3rd January 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wavelab 9 crashes when browsing folder

Not sure where to put this one, but it looks like people posts about Wavelab here, so here goes:

I just reinstalled everything on my PC and now Wavelab is acting up. Whenever I try to browse a folder from the menu with "Select Destination Folder" or "Select Using Standard Selector", or from the "Browse" button on the launcher; Wavelab immediately closes. Even when browsing from within a plugin (for example: browse for license). No error message, no crash dump generated. It just quits.

I've tried reinstalling, with and without update (It's Wavelab 9, updated to Wavelab 9.1), run as administrator, but no luck.

This was a clean install: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Wavelab 9, Cubase 9 on a Xeon X5670 with 16GB RAM.

Anyone experienced this?
Old 4th January 2021
Gear Maniac

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I think you will do better getting answers for your issue by posting your Wavelab questions here https://forums.steinberg.net/c/wavelab/18 in the Wavelab forum. There you have access to the maker of Wavelab himself, Philippe Goutier.
Old 4th January 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
[POST REMOVED]

Last edited by kuasalogam; 5th January 2021 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 4th January 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes, I posted there as well. But maybe someone here has the same experience.

Here's a quick video of the problem:
//
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Raising Jake Studios

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuasalogam ➡️
Yes, I posted there as well. But maybe someone here has the same experience.
Yes - I have WL 9.1 and it does the same annoying thing. It started with the Win 10 “20H2” update. No other app or DAW on my system has this problem - only Wavelab.

PG at Steinberg knows about it - and his solution? “Upgrade to WL 10”. No attempt to make a hotfix.

That kind of “customer support” has been typical of Steinberg in my experience and why I am done with them. $400 DAW already obsolete.😡

Last edited by Nonlinear; 3 weeks ago at 09:52 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Raising Jake Studios

🎧 5 years
BTW - the workaround I am using is to open each audio file in the audio editor one at a time (file browser does work there for some reason which leads me to believe this is a BUG that Steinberg should fix) and then send those files to the montage.

Last edited by Nonlinear; 3 weeks ago at 10:33 PM..
📝 Reply