The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EQs with true stereo control
Old 6th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Verified Member
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macc ➡️
You forgot to mention that it is very sexy.
being the ‘father’ of these units I cannot bring myself to speak in these terms about my ‘children.’
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocratic Mastering ➡️
That's pricing for the HDE-250, not the HDE-450.
It was 5900€ ex VAT when I asked for a quote last year. They are very responsive on their Facebook page. I will suggest contacting them there.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razik ➡️
It was 5900€ ex VAT when I asked for a quote last year. They are very responsive on their Facebook page. I will suggest contacting them there.
Thanks. I’m not in the market right now, I was just interested.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quoting to bug you into getting the PEQEX on the OP list - Peter deserves the promotion

Thank you!
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quoting to bug you into getting the PEQEX on the OP list - Peter deserves the promotion

Thank you!
Will update it tomorrow
Old 7th July 2020
Gear Nut

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Neve 2087 32087
Old 7th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot:. ➡️
Neve 2087 32087
A rare and slutty beast, I Believe MattGray had one ?
Old 8th July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think there's one from Buzz Audio. Zodiak? Probably pretty good.
Old 8th July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Oh forget that, it's not stereo control, off my list of stuff to look into it goes.
Old 8th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria ➡️
Junger Audio E07

I've sold it few years back, its my biggest regret
Had one too .... those dynamic bands

Sold it a long time ago ... but I do have 1x band of the same EQ as the e07 in my junger Accent1.... kinda the best of both worlds .. in fact I can put a the dynamic band of the e07 into the side-chain of a D01 . . .. tasty
Old 9th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loji ➡️
Had one too .... those dynamic bands

Sold it a long time ago ... but I do have 1x band of the same EQ as the e07 in my junger Accent1.... kinda the best of both worlds .. in fact I can put a the dynamic band of the e07 into the side-chain of a D01 . . .. tasty
Great stuff those Junger HW, also that digital gain out is something should not miss in any chain
Old 9th July 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
There was an analogue dynamic eq released not too long ago, I think it was Australian...? Pretty sure that was stereo controlled. It looked sexy as hell but I can't remember the name for the life of me.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
There was an analogue dynamic eq released not too long ago, I think it was Australian...? Pretty sure that was stereo controlled. It looked sexy as hell but I can't remember the name for the life of me.
Lisa by Tomo ? But it's dual mono...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

https://harrisdoyleaudio.com/product...eo-console-eq/
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
That's the one.

My god, look at it. I can't tell you how much every single thing about it excites me. Like someone made a bit of gear with me in mind. I want to hear it sooooooo much. But my missus would divorce me, and we're not even married yet.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
https://harrisdoyleaudio.com/product...eo-console-eq/
That's the one.
Quote:
That's the one.

My god, look at it. I can't tell you how much every single thing about it excites me. Like someone made a bit of gear with me in mind. I want to hear it sooooooo much. But my missus would divorce me, and we're not even married yet.
Funny Macc! Thanks for the laugh.

THE only dynamic EQ in analog hardware that a net search turned up.

How many folks using dynamic EQ's in software point out that they need less compression?

Hmmn, remove one comp from wish list and add this to the fantasy list?

Build quality and uniqueness in the market appear to justify the asking price.

Want!

Old 9th July 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just for the sake of completeness, I do remember several analogue dynamic EQs, mostly aimed at the live market. The BSS 901 was the one that broke through, IIRC, prior to the widespread adoption of digital consoles in live venues.
Old 10th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just for the sake of completeness, I do remember several analogue dynamic EQs, mostly aimed at the live market. The BSS 901 was the one that broke through, IIRC, prior to the widespread adoption of digital consoles in live venues.
Thank you for the follow through.
Should have specified "currently manufactured" in my post.

The BSS 901 is listed as a frequency-selective compression design, in contrast to the software dynamic EQ's which apply more or less EQ, with variable Q, as the dynamics exceed a threshold.

Multi-band compressor versus multi-band dynamic EQ?
More than semantics
?

Lust is unabated for the Natalus Dynamic Stereo Console EQ, which is inductive-based EQ, discrete class-A amplified and stereo controlled, with variable headroom as the controlling element.
A fresh take on the need to tame frequency bands (4) by their levels, by increasingly saturating them, just the peaks!

"One peak only, Yuri..."

Natalus Dynamic Stereo Console EQ

https://bssaudio.com/en/products/dpr-901ii - Discontinued Products

Quote:
The DPR-901 II is a four-band parametric Dynamic Equaliser which allows frequency-selective compression (-3OdB) and expansion (+16dB).

Each band has:

A frequency sweep.
A bell width.
An IN/OUT switch.
Compress/expand control.
Compress/expand metering.
Threshold metering.
Time constants which are automatically controlled by dynamic and harmonic content of signal with selectable FAST RELEASE.

It has a filter switch on bands 1&4 which changes bell filter response to a shelving response and on bands 2 & 3 cancels the filter for wide band operation.

Electronically balanced input and output.
ebay: BSS-DPR 901 II Dynamic Equaliser ($800)
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
the differences between a multiband comp and a dynamic eq are WAY MORE than semantics!

check out say the tc finalizer vs said bss...

...and maybe worth mentioning that klark teknik also had a dynamic eq (although it came much later than bss dpr- 901).
Gear Nut

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Pand Sound Mastering ➡️
A rare and slutty beast, I Believe MattGray had one ?
I got one, it’s awesome.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
That's the one. My god, look at it. I can't tell you how much every single thing about it excites me. Like someone made a bit of gear with me in mind. I want to hear it sooooooo much. But my missus would divorce me, and we're not even married yet.
C'mon man, there are loads of threads on this Forum specifically on the topic of how to sneak new gear in 'under the radar'!
Village Idiot

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You forgot to mention that it is very sexy. Everyone should get one.

I also got very lucky, and convinced Gustav to build me a stereo ganged Porter Grinder when he was ironing out the last circuit board revisions.

In both cases I had the switches already so it wasn't toooo much of a hassle for them.

So you can add those to the list except they are only available to jammy bastards.
Id be happy to build a stereo ganged unit - would be fun, even.

Id just have to price out the switches for it (using BE now).

[email protected] if anyone is in the market!

Gustav
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs ➡️
Id be happy to build a stereo ganged unit - would be fun, even.
You need to get out more

Better get it on the list Monsieur Hippocratique!
Old 13th July 2020
Bettermaker

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
HI.
You can always take a look at our Mastering Equalizer which is stereo, dual mono and MS. As for the tolerances, we are syncing the channels electronically so no worries for loose bass
https://www.bettermaker.com/mastering-equalizer
Old 14th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robobob ➡️
Thank you for the follow through.
Should have specified "currently manufactured" in my post.

The BSS 901 is listed as a frequency-selective compression design, in contrast to the software dynamic EQ's which apply more or less EQ, with variable Q, as the dynamics exceed a threshold.

I own 2 pcs. of ADT Dynamic-EQ and very happy with it. Built quality is really good, they are invisible on measurements through the device. They can also expand and a few other things. It is also easy to modify it to your needs.
Gear Maniac

Verified Member
Quote:
A fresh take on the need to tame frequency bands (4) by their levels, by increasingly saturating them, just the peaks!
I believe the Gyraf G21 does that too, and the G21 seems to be more flexible (and cheaper). Still interested to hear demos on it’s flexibility
Old 14th July 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Avalon 747

I would actually add the Avalon 747sp to the list...the 6-band stereo graphical EQ sounds amazing (15Hz shelf, 120Hz shelf, 500Hz bell, 2k bell, 5k shelf, 32k shelf).

In addition you get class A gain for days, the TSP function (tube/solid state), great metering, and opto compressor/side chain (which i don't use that much but it can be useful for de-essing/high frequency compression). Definitely one of those pieces of gear that you'd miss if you ever sold it.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioKemestry ➡️
I would actually add the Avalon 747sp to the list...the 6-band stereo graphical EQ sounds amazing (15Hz shelf, 120Hz shelf, 500Hz bell, 2k bell, 5k shelf, 32k shelf).

In addition you get class A gain for days, the TSP function (tube/solid state), great metering, and opto compressor/side chain (which i don't use that much but it can be useful for de-essing/high frequency compression). Definitely one of those pieces of gear that you'd miss if you ever sold it.
I had one of these for a while and while the graphic sliders tracked fine the gain control tracked really badly L/R. Do you have similar problems?
Old 15th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I had one of these for a while and while the graphic sliders tracked fine the gain control tracked really badly L/R. Do you have similar problems?
Had to have my tech replace some capacitors on the EQ about a year ago, but other than that no problems at all.
Old 15th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Thank you for the follow thro
Trying to pm you re the nvelope, but having issues. Please pm me
📝 Reply