The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mastering Studio Stolen - Missing gear list
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That’s great news!!! I hope you find the rest! Bye how did you get your gear back, did you go with the police or did you have to pay to get your gear back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor ➡️
Update #2

It's really a blessing to be part of a community like this.

A studio owner here in LA bought a stack of gear from a "storage unit clearance". Discovered that all the gear was set to 220v, which was odd, and also that it was largely very unusual, high end pieces, most of them custom modified. That was enough for him to become suspicious and start googling, where he found one of the posts with the list of stolen gear. I was reunited with more of my stolen property the very next day.

The additional recovered items are:
Millenia NSEQ-2 with Fred Forssell mods
Weiss DS1-Mk3
Dorrough meters
Crane Song STC-8/M
Crane Song HEDD-192
Speck ASC

Still missing are 1 Crookwood iMon worker rack, plus all cabling, plus the actual desktop control module, API 2500, all the Euphonix/Avid control surfaces, f112 sub, the custom Grace Immersive Spacebar in a bag my mom made for it, all the computers, literally kilometers of cables and snakes, the Pelonis 4228 and amplifier, B&O cassette player, RIAA stage and other items on the master list (first post).

There were also a lot of personal items, which I haven't listed here as they aren't audio-related. As it's been almost a year since the break-in, my hopes for any further finds are dwindling.

Thanks again for all the help and all the support you've all provided, I truly appreciate it and am grateful.
Old 2nd October 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow ... even a little good news .... is Good News !
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
It's great to see the studio recovering.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Update #2

It's really a blessing to be part of a community like this.

A studio owner here in LA bought a stack of gear from a "storage unit clearance". Discovered that all the gear was set to 220v, which was odd, and also that it was largely very unusual, high end pieces, most of them custom modified. That was enough for him to become suspicious and start googling, where he found one of the posts with the list of stolen gear. I was reunited with more of my stolen property the very next day.

The additional recovered items are:
Millenia NSEQ-2 with Fred Forssell mods
Weiss DS1-Mk3
Dorrough meters
Crane Song STC-8/M
Crane Song HEDD-192
Speck ASC

Still missing are 1 Crookwood iMon worker rack, plus all cabling, plus the actual desktop control module, API 2500, all the Euphonix/Avid control surfaces, f112 sub, the custom Grace Immersive Spacebar in a bag my mom made for it, all the computers, literally kilometers of cables and snakes, the Pelonis 4228 and amplifier, B&O cassette player, RIAA stage and other items on the master list (first post).

There were also a lot of personal items, which I haven't listed here as they aren't audio-related. As it's been almost a year since the break-in, my hopes for any further finds are dwindling.

Thanks again for all the help and all the support you've all provided, I truly appreciate it and am grateful.
Thanks Thor - very good to hear you've recovered more of the stolen items, let's hope some more show up. Have you been able to work since the burglary?
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion ➡️
That’s great news!!! I hope you find the rest! Bye how did you get your gear back, did you go with the police or did you have to pay to get your gear back?
The studio that bought the stuff was only all too happy to return it to me, and had their purchase refunded by the seller.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland ➡️
Thanks Thor - very good to hear you've recovered more of the stolen items, let's hope some more show up. Have you been able to work since the burglary?
Hi Nigel,

thankfully I know most of the players here in LA and have been able to get time in a proper room when needed, which has been extremely helpful in keeping things going. I also have a small setup at home that allows me to do less-critical work as well. With almost 20 years of experience by now I know my tools well enough to make it work.
Lives for gear

Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hi Nigel,

thankfully I know most of the players here in LA and have been able to get time in a proper room when needed, which has been extremely helpful in keeping things going. I also have a small setup at home that allows me to do less-critical work as well. With almost 20 years of experience by now I know my tools well enough to make it work.
Thanks! Sounds like you'll win through in style, and proof of the power of networking
Old 3rd January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
A horrible tale, but with some suprisingly uplifting results. I am reading this 03/01/21 and from initial post was devastated for op, it is every studio owners worst nightmare, I wasn't expecting to leave the post feeling particularly upbeat. Well done community and I hope the Op is able to update us with more finds - even better, maybe some charges for the low life that in whatever manner believe that destroying a business, stealing hard earned assets and destroying income is an ethical and legitimate practice.

Did your insurance pay up?

Best
G
Old 28th February 2021
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Thanks Griff.

Insurance gave me grief for almost a year, I was fortunate to be put in touch with a very proficient attorney early on who guided me through the process. So while the final compensation was by no means commensurate with the loss, I am satisfied with the result and focused now on moving forward and making my mark in LA and the USA.

The power of networking indeed. I am very thankful for the community here. You've all been amazing!
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
16 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks Griff.

Insurance gave me grief for almost a year, I was fortunate to be put in touch with a very proficient attorney early on who guided me through the process. So while the final compensation was by no means commensurate with the loss, I am satisfied with the result and focused now on moving forward and making my mark in LA and the USA.

The power of networking indeed. I am very thankful for the community here. You've all been amazing!
Very good to hear - sail on!
📝 Reply