The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 7,383
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 5,695
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

RE ATLANTA MASTERING ENGINEERS Im looking for information on some of the go to mastering engineers for atlanta trap/soul and...

ghostman
replies: 5 views: 76
ghostman 9 minutes ago

I'm looking to create a capable home Recording, Mixing, Mastering setup. I've created a list of essential, and desired components...

Lashtal
replies: 7 views: 411
Lashtal 1 week ago

Im sure this is basic stuff but cant find a good answer I want to use a stack of limiters on the mix bus One multiband One...

colonelporridge
replies: 3 views: 271
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I’m a novice at mastering (clearly) and just tried my hand at my own track for the first time. It has a true peak of -0.3, as I...

jsbeeth
replies: 10 views: 504
jsbeeth 3 weeks ago

Hi, Does Anyone have any specific advice on using Izotope Ozone 9 on a recorded DJ mix? The mix itself was recorded using an...

Window101
replies: 0 views: 122
Window101 3 weeks ago

Hi, I mastering one simple audio recording and it looks good and gain is up -2dB. But on mobile is it very bad and height loud...

heroj
replies: 0 views: 214
heroj 4 weeks ago

Your preferred cloud drive for File Transfers?

Deleted c7044de
replies: 3 views: 278
ScottBrio 3rd April 2021

Ok so as the title says. My mixes and masters sound great on earbuds, phone speaker, studio monitors, even the nightclub sound...

ScottBrio
replies: 11 views: 524
ScottBrio 3rd April 2021

Hi, I am looking at analog hardware options to complement my SSL Fusion. I have no other hardware at the moment. Budget -...

thetizzler
replies: 4 views: 480
thetizzler 3rd April 2021

Ok so I’m investing in a solid 5-6 piece mastering chain to start off my mixing and mastering business. Here’s what I’m...

ScottBrio
replies: 3 views: 196
Nitrouspizza 2nd April 2021

Hey guys, i recently moved from Mac to PC and i'm not digging Ableton as a DAW for mastering. Thought it might be a good time to...

Barncore
replies: 17 views: 3,420
RJHollins 1st April 2021

Hey! First post here so apologies if this one is a bit of a mess! There's a lot of info online which is great but at the same...

BicBoiBukLau
replies: 3 views: 391
Nitrouspizza 1st April 2021

How do you slutz handle payment after a job is completed? do you send them a partial sample or demand full payment before...

Deleted c7044de
replies: 2 views: 255
Avatar for Deleted c7044dea016f2f2
Deleted c7044dea016f2f2 3rd March 2021

So confused. So I downloaded an old country song from iTunes. Put it in Cubase. Played it with fader at 0. On the Master...

oceantracks
replies: 8 views: 593
ghostman 27th February 2021

Hey guys! Quick question. Running Logic Pro X. Looking to run audio out of my interface and BACK in for printing. But looking to...

rallycapmusic
replies: 3 views: 752
TomVY 26th February 2021

I'm trying to learn some mastering. When I use the Weiss DS1-MK3 and throw a TDR Limiter afterwards (no processing, just for the...

denstrow
replies: 4 views: 319
TomVY 26th February 2021

Hello, I've been making electronic music a long time, but haven't finished any tracks in years. I am now being productive...

dolomick
replies: 1 views: 260
SmoothTone 20th February 2021

I'm trying to keep my true peaks below -2.7dB, but my software is not making it easy! I have Ozone Elements 8 on the master...

thedarkproject
replies: 6 views: 293
thedarkproject 18th February 2021

Hi, I'm preparing original tracks for sale and download from a website. I'm mastering each track as a wave file which I will...

Marindakim
replies: 19 views: 516
Marindakim 8th February 2021

i have released numerous records sometimes using separate streaming masters when appropriate and sometimes using just a...

Jackdc100
replies: 13 views: 542
darkalex 1st February 2021

Hey, everyone! I do audio engineering and mixing, and ocassionally, I run into a client who can’t necessarily afford mastering,...

Thenewexhibit
replies: 1 views: 452
SmoothTone 28th January 2021

Any tips on level matching when mastering in a hybrid system? I’m trying to compare what the outboard is doing, and so was...

phillus
replies: 4 views: 278
phillus 21st January 2021

Hey guys, an area of my track is clipping and I'm not sure how or why. I'm working in elevate and I have the ceiling set at...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 20 views: 1,353
DGillespie 11th January 2021

Hi everyone I want to make two master of the same project, one for cd production and one for streaming.. I normally master with...

DanMartini
replies: 0 views: 254
DanMartini 9th January 2021

Hello, Does anyone within Europe have the Golden Ears Audio Ear Training Programme CDs that they would like to sell? Thanks.

fragment67
replies: 3 views: 1,415
mottow 5th January 2021

hi there I'm doing a master with Ozone 9 and I'm facing an issue that makes me feel a complete novice: In the module dynamics,...

DanMartini
replies: 7 views: 362
darkalex 31st December 2020

Hi everybody. I know dithering is for when reducing bit depth. The label I'm working with would be releasing vinyl and bandcamp...

singaiya
replies: 6 views: 373
SmoothTone 25th December 2020

Hello there. I run a YouTube channel where I make video essays on shows/movies that I like. Currently, to record my voice, I use...

snspuderman
replies: 6 views: 433
CJ Mastering 11th December 2020

Hey Slutz! I think everyone is finally on the same page that mastering is in fact necessary. But now that we’ve arrived at that...

jlasoul
replies: 15 views: 706
Nizzle 10th December 2020

I've begun mastering for some small-time ambient/drone artists, and I think it's got to be the easiest genre to master in a lot...

Andrew Klimek
replies: 7 views: 1,711
Andrew Klimek 7th December 2020

hi everyone, what are your advices for preparing a good mix before it's mastered? By looking around I saw that there are...

DanMartini
replies: 5 views: 602
DanMartini 4th December 2020

Hi all, Here's a newb sort of question for one of the many patient mastering engineers present. I'm learning how to limit...

timboalogo
replies: 2 views: 462
timboalogo 3rd December 2020

hi everyone, I'm working on a master where I'm using Izope's dynamics and I realized I went too far expanding the high end,...

DanMartini
replies: 4 views: 269
DanMartini 1st December 2020

Hi! I am fighting with a track and I’m looking for guidance. The mix sounds good, but the snare tends to lose significantly...

Andrea
replies: 5 views: 635
Andrea 28th November 2020

From 'back in the day"... ....I am used to using a TC Finalizer + 96k. But the one I have is in use. I need another 2 Ch...

Jules
replies: 8 views: 620
johannburkard 22nd November 2020

I'll make it short and sweet: Best modern interface ~$500 with mastering quality D/A converters? Shoot!

NickLeoAudio
replies: 57 views: 3,721
B.Collins 15th November 2020

Hi there, since a DDPi can be sent in higher resolution that 1648 does it make sense to let the pressing factory take care of...

DanMartini
replies: 6 views: 355
CJ Mastering 13th November 2020
replies: 0 views: 284
db9091 7th November 2020

Hi! I'm having an issue on the mastering side of things and wondered if one of you could shed some light on things. I...

Kris Pohl
replies: 5 views: 933
CJ Mastering 5th November 2020

First let me say that I TRY to master my music and I'm in no way a Pro, although I've been working at it for some years now....

Ave.
replies: 14 views: 9,435
Oafashow 28th October 2020

The rise of home recordists and audio hobbyists have impacted the professional territory of the music industry. Currently a trend...

coreyspencer
replies: 1 views: 396
coreyspencer 28th October 2020

I have a stem of high hats and shakers where the shakers are way too quiet but the highhats are good I don't want to mess with...

dirtROBOT
replies: 3 views: 353
dirtROBOT 23rd October 2020

When I first got into recording back in 2005 I simply loved capturing performances or song ideas. With kids a long hiatus came...

melodic dreamer
replies: 0 views: 305
melodic dreamer 21st October 2020

Hi, I read that the recommend LUFS today for YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music is -14LUFS so I check a few songs. I downloaded from...

aviorrok
replies: 7 views: 1,431
aviorrok 19th October 2020

I’ve searched for previous threads but was looking for a bit more discussion if possible. I only do this as a hobbyist, but am...

DamianL
replies: 23 views: 1,515
deedeeyeah 16th October 2020

Sceptre S8+TS108 User here,also has adam a7x & NS10M pro. I'm very satisfied with Sceptre's sound field performance and...

Felix233
replies: 75 views: 4,835
ZENSIX 12th October 2020

Hello Gearslutzzz, I'm doing some audio recordings again - after a 10 years break or so - and I need some help. I have...

_barnee
replies: 3 views: 350
_barnee 12th October 2020

Hi all, I'm a high school teacher show is starting a big project that will involve the recording, editing and mixing of...

chiasson
replies: 3 views: 564
chiasson 10th October 2020

Looking to have a couple of mixes recorded to cassette and back into Pro Tools for an alternative release. Anyone ever do this,...

tnipe
replies: 11 views: 774
DirkP 5th October 2020

Hi all, Question for everyone here, but especially the Mastering Engineers if they don't mind. How in the hell do you master so...

Ferg1
replies: 42 views: 13,087
lucey 2nd October 2020

Moderators