The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I can afford to buy 1 hardware comp clone for tracking vox/guitar/bass/drums. The rest of my chain isn’t high end (various...

Bugsmasher
replies: 1 views: 361
Pyeguy 4 weeks ago

I just got a reissued version of the Astatic D104 Silver eagle microphone. It's got a female 4 pin plug for the output. I've...

CipM
replies: 1 views: 935
thirstypirate 4 weeks ago

Folks, It monitors track 3 but won't record to tape. I didn't have this problem until after I changed the idler tires, which...

emeters
replies: 0 views: 219
emeters 4 weeks ago

I've seen Altomusic's ebay store, but not until today did I realize they also had real brick and mortar stores in New York. I...

MarkF48
replies: 38 views: 9,167
Kja 4 weeks ago

Ok...so I just got a Zoom R16. I have some wav files that were recorded on an HD16 that I would like to import into the R16. I...

gofortheheart
replies: 15 views: 24,473
JLast 4 weeks ago

So basically I use my Maschine mk1 as MCU unit on Cubase. Love it. I then bought BCF 2000 for extra faders. Now, I heard...

Method Man
replies: 4 views: 266
Method Man 4 weeks ago

Hi, I wonder if someone knows the package form or exact model of the Alesis Quadraverb 2 backlight display LEDs. Some of mine...

damien
replies: 9 views: 814
samsine 4 weeks ago

Will there be a noticeable sound difference when recording through a dual layered nylon pop filter with the gap in between both...

GAVAHMON
replies: 3 views: 320
GAVAHMON 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I´ve been reading the forum researching all the MXL v67 mods you guys have done. This month i got one as a gift (a hi...

rafferty
replies: 51 views: 7,110
Sound Thief 4 weeks ago

I was looking to see what people do when recording percussion to add to the main drum kit recording. What I mean by my question...

Muskman
replies: 4 views: 247
BIG BUDDHA 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here so please bare that in mind - don't bite! I recently acquired a Joe Meek MQ1...

crattray1997
replies: 13 views: 438
crattray1997 4 weeks ago

I often hear people describe preamps as "getting noisy" when you turn them up too far, as if the preamp would behave...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 100 views: 7,821
carpa 4 weeks ago

hello I gonna dismiss my rack fx and going to pedal for size reason. Im used to produce house music OTB, and modulating sends to...

rozzilla
replies: 35 views: 2,137
DirkP 4 weeks ago

Hey There, I have the opportunity to purchase a Tascam 388 for a fair price ($700) from the original owner. It's in, as...

katesadilla
replies: 9 views: 775
studioguitarman 4 weeks ago

Hello, I know just about nothing about electronics (other than how to not zap myself) but have decent solder skills. I built one...

Ladycharles
replies: 1 views: 236
MandoBastardo 4 weeks ago

I am looking for opinions on stereo bus comp VCA - SSL-style to add to my hardware. I have been using software bus comps up until...

thetizzler
replies: 56 views: 1,905
elegentdrum 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I am trying to replicate the vocal chain I use in my home studio for rehearsal/live for a reasonable price. At home I...

Fantomaz
replies: 2 views: 320
Fantomaz 4 weeks ago

Hey... I just got a great deal on a pair of KRK V8 (First Series) for a crazy good deal over craigslist. I had been meaning to...

thestranger
replies: 19 views: 16,526
izman23 4 weeks ago

Greetings. You see them on eBay all the time now ... Chinese-made "replacement" dynamic microphone elements/capsules...

ShelGef
replies: 7 views: 981
mrufino1 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I have read a lot the last couple of days about microphones. There are simply too many models. I researched...

umbral
replies: 24 views: 788
mrufino1 4 weeks ago

Hi, I was already decided on getting the cheap Behringer UMC404HD but then a used MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid came up at 30%...

kasper_e
replies: 1 views: 850
DienteDeSierra 4 weeks ago

I got a pair of beyerdynamic installation boundary mics for almost nothing. They’re made for putting into holes drilled in...

Bugsmasher
replies: 4 views: 217
Bugsmasher 4 weeks ago

Hi, I have a problem. My Soundcraft delta 200 have 6 sends but I have just 1 free stereo channels and I can only return just on...

teddymusic
replies: 3 views: 185
Ol' Betsey 4 weeks ago

I have a Teal SE and just got in a Black SE yesterday :) . These are single voiced cardioid only versions of their more expensive...

RoadRanger
replies: 23 views: 1,666
BrentA 4 weeks ago

I have a behringer tube ultragain that I put my gf's mic through when we stream with friends and last night it got unplugged and...

Ladycharles
replies: 1 views: 189
cyrano 4 weeks ago

Hi, I use a Behringer UM2 for VOIP and some recording. I've always had an issue where it only outputs at a max level of...

woogiegoogie
replies: 8 views: 219
woogiegoogie 4 weeks ago

1998 Sound on Sound review of the Tascam Portastudio 488 MkII 8 Track Cassette Multitrack Recorder. Posted for posterity, this...

percussion
replies: 3 views: 263
rrb6699 4 weeks ago

I've always been a very resourceful (and thrifty) musician/producer. I occasionally use broken headphones for lofi mics, guitar...

beach bum
replies: 3 views: 326
JLast 4 weeks ago

Has anybody tried this yet? Its going for $5 for existing customers.

pquinn
replies: 3 views: 1,961
sokoleski 4 weeks ago

Hi, I owned a Yamaha HS-80s for 6 years and want to upgrade this monitor. Tannoy just released a brand new Reveal 802 and come...

vincentbingkau
replies: 11 views: 29,391
noah330 4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, I'm a low mezzo soprano working in a bunch of genres, a lot of early and baroque music and a range of classical /...

luciamezzo
replies: 6 views: 236
mrufino1 4 weeks ago

I have lots to learn about recording, asking for expert advice. I am starting with recording solo acoustic guitars and mandolins...

TobyB
replies: 5 views: 228
JonnieK 4th April 2021

As title says. Can anyone help identify this Mixing board https://ibb.co/qdg4kR9 Cheers!

Lcoverdale
replies: 1 views: 294
nstu 4th April 2021

Hey all, I hate to say it, but after years of messing with hardware (and having tons of fun and making some great sounds), I...

onlywhelmed
replies: 47 views: 1,425
Herzton 4th April 2021

Well , I did a two mic set up a few years ago with a drum track. I’m trying to figure out how to separate the kick and snare...

NoPro
replies: 2 views: 192
NoPro 3rd April 2021

Hi folks, My headphone amp seems to be blown on my Focusrite 2i2 Gen 3. TL;DR: I need to monitor myself on headphones while...

XHipHop
replies: 1 views: 273
ambiguous signal 3rd April 2021

Hi! Is there anybody who have the manuals for the AKAI S3000 and S3200? I have searched all the net, but came up empty :( I...

Rymdis
replies: 7 views: 2,953
Supawolf 3rd April 2021

Can you turn any feed-forward compressor into a feedback compressor by multing the output and sending it to the sidechain input?

5at19
replies: 0 views: 177
5at19 2nd April 2021

I was looking at the Clarrett 2Pre, which has 2 preamps and an optical input for 8 more channels via ADAT. There are many 8...

AnalogOverdose
replies: 1 views: 176
elrobis 2nd April 2021

Hello folks, I'm in search of a low budget mic preamp and was wondering why are the threads/reviews about GAP Pre-73 Premiere...

The Tenant
replies: 10 views: 1,533
The Tenant 2nd April 2021

Products – iSK Pro Audio Has anyone here tried those HD-9999 headphones ?

eldon2975
replies: 537 views: 113,020
RightOnRome 2nd April 2021

Dears, One singer has an AT2050 that focusses on the mids where her voice sits. The others voice kind of envelops that...

hanuman
replies: 1 views: 181
David Rick 2nd April 2021

I'm playing in a black metal band and want to experiment with analog gear so i'm planning to build a mastering room in my...

Corona Radiata
replies: 5 views: 279
MAXX VADA 2nd April 2021

I’m trying to decide on an audio interface. I’ve narrowed it down between these two. Both serve as audio interfaces with...

Sunrises
replies: 3 views: 247
JSchmo 1st April 2021

Hi Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I’m running the output of a DJ mixer into a Soundcraft Compact 4. The Compact 4...

DB22
replies: 4 views: 177
DB22 1st April 2021

So, I'm posting this here for two reasons: 1) Audient folks tend to trawl the forums on occasion, so this is an attempt at...

vizcities
replies: 2 views: 2,525
Eric Tetz 1st April 2021

Are there really any out there? Something that you can put in front of a super clean amp like a Twin and it doesn't sound like a...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 138 views: 60,265
Neddy Seagoon 1st April 2021

Hey y'all hoping to get an opinion, so I just bought the jbl 305p mkII and like them so far, but there is one thing that's...

Mikesoundguy
replies: 11 views: 5,596
EzMixx 31st March 2021

Hi guys, I'm gonna pull the trigger and move to the UA world. I was planning on getting a Scarlett 18i20 because it has a Midi...

spnc
replies: 3 views: 215
Richie Witch 31st March 2021

I’m going to record myself drumming for several songs in a large, resonant space with the gear listed below (mine and...

Bugsmasher
replies: 23 views: 527
Bugsmasher 31st March 2021

Moderators