The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been recording my playing with a zoom into a pc using audacity. I'm not happy with the sound and want to upgrade my...

Jeanettec
replies: 40 views: 2,912
jpgerard 9th October 2017

I have a scarlett 2i4 and just purchased an ISA one. I want to hook the ISA one to the scarlett so I can get the ISA one to my...

Punkmanmatthew
replies: 25 views: 8,305
VillaMan 9th October 2017

Hi guys, Even though I have my 10 year badge, this is my first proper post on this forum since probably about 2011, maybe even...

ColourSurround
replies: 0 views: 362
ColourSurround 8th October 2017

I haven't seen a crazy amount of info on these speakers but I just picked a pair of these up today. I let them break in for a few...

kylendm
replies: 4 views: 1,777
kylendm 8th October 2017

Hey guys! I'm once again lost amongst the internet's informational flood, so I come to you to ask for help So, i am looking...

youngpadawan42
replies: 0 views: 456
youngpadawan42 8th October 2017

Got about $2k and looking to get a new piece of gear or upgrade my current ones. I'll list my currents and maybe you can help...

Lostinthamusic
replies: 8 views: 684
BarcelonaMusic 8th October 2017

Hello all I was wondering if i am able to use the TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2 on my desktop for possible podcast, and or...

sotorious
replies: 0 views: 603
sotorious 8th October 2017

I got this for podcasting and YouTube voice-over, but I must be doing something wrong. I've seen folks get a good sound out of...

HouseOfEscobar
replies: 0 views: 410
HouseOfEscobar 8th October 2017

I just bought a used Boss BR-532 digital recorder to tinker with outside of the studio. I'd hope to find an online tutorial but...

foxwaves
replies: 0 views: 421
foxwaves 7th October 2017

I saw this and so I looked into AKG D5. I searched it and there are a few choices around the same price. Amazon.com: AKG D5:...

Griw
replies: 92 views: 11,407
chris661 7th October 2017

I own a Sennheiser e906, which I primarily use to record my guitar amps. While I like it, I wish it were more sensitive. I still...

Atmospheric
replies: 3 views: 2,083
kafka 7th October 2017

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap SDC microphone for acoustic guitar recording and I hesitate between these two: _ Superlux S241 /...

orly
replies: 4 views: 933
Mikey77 7th October 2017

Anyone who has heard the new M-Audio BX5 D3 and can tell something about the sound?

gasolin
replies: 0 views: 1,757
gasolin 7th October 2017

Hi all, I'm a beginner when it comes to mixing and recording. I can't get the sound I want. Now, I know this is obvious - Of...

endofnight
replies: 24 views: 1,025
SMK36 6th October 2017

Trying to set up a dirt simple little practice space multi-tracker to loan out to friends bands from old gear I'm no longer...

syrupcore
replies: 3 views: 775
syrupcore 5th October 2017

Don't be a smartass and be all like "sorry bro if you want quality, you're gonna have to pay for it." Because I...

thegibsonkid
replies: 2 views: 734
bisszerk 5th October 2017

Hey guys! I need some experienced eyes on the list of gear I'm about to buy. I'd mostly like to avoid any pitfalls I may have...

Heretic_
replies: 2 views: 537
Heretic_ 5th October 2017

Hi! New guy here, and a newbie compared to most of you hehe :) Any tips on achieving the bombastic drum sound that was used on...

COTN
replies: 29 views: 7,627
GeneHall 5th October 2017

heh heh heh Not yet! but someday? really? is it possible? but one thing for sure that Behringer guys will throw a party after...

shani haider
replies: 37 views: 6,222
DeltaCharlieEcho 5th October 2017

First post, so sorry if I’ve broken any protocols and for its length. I’m in no way trying to rehash the age-old “good mic...

steveheroan
replies: 10 views: 872
staticwhitesound 4th October 2017

Anyone cares to share their informed opinion on how useful these boys work as a par of: 1. vocal chain 2. drum buss 3....

semidigital
replies: 5 views: 2,227
Mertmo 4th October 2017

Thanks for clicking! I am trying to figure out the mics on the drum. It looks like a u47 on the bass and a Coles on the hihat,...

richie0801
replies: 1 views: 379
Brent Hahn 4th October 2017

Im recording drums at my home studio and have a few questions. 1. do you need more than 1 mic on the snare, hihat, and bass...

drummerdan1988
replies: 183 views: 8,938
chrisso 4th October 2017

Hello folks, Here's the dilemma: I'm sold on the Oktava MK-319. I like its dark character, its smooth highs etc and I'm ready to...

The Tenant
replies: 4 views: 2,676
The Tenant 4th October 2017

Any suggestions? I need at minimum to be able to record 5 stereo signals and 2 mono signals. I actually would like to be able...

Schwarzwald
replies: 9 views: 1,125
DannyMac 3rd October 2017

Hi everybody , first post for me.. i need your help couse i'm lurking for a mixing console to plug my otari 5050 8 track in. i...

manny scalco
replies: 7 views: 1,619
Deleted d78e603 3rd October 2017

Hey everybody, I'm looking for tips to achieve an old Skool Grindhouse movie trailer effect on some voice overs I'm working on. ...

ivanskavar
replies: 3 views: 1,045
illacov 2nd October 2017
replies: 0 views: 679
greedy.mf 2nd October 2017

The 57 is great, or not great, depending on who you ask. Either way, a lot of us have a "go to" when deciding not to...

Derek Damager
replies: 40 views: 7,905
MickeyMassacre 1st October 2017

One thing that seems to go unnoticed in the main is Apple's AUMatrix reverb. It comes free with any Mac. I have been using it on...

tablatom
replies: 2 views: 756
goom 1st October 2017

They're having a sale today and I'm debating on getting this, but not sure if it's mostly hype/marketing waste of money. I...

goom
replies: 4 views: 2,414
goom 1st October 2017

This first tip has been mentioned a few times but didn’t see a thread devoted to it. Here’s an old forum tip to share again...

bowzin
replies: 5 views: 1,031
PsyKology 1st October 2017

Hi Folks, Just wondering if a 50's Grommes LJ4 "Little Jewel" mono tube amplifier could be "repurposed" as a...

Strummn1
replies: 0 views: 828
Strummn1 30th September 2017

I am looking to buy a new pair of studio headphones, specifically the ATH-R70X. However, it seems this pair of phones needs some...

Groovestick
replies: 5 views: 1,049
DannyMac 30th September 2017

If you are looking to buy studio monitors you ABSOLUTELY have to AUDITION them YOURSELF. No matter what you read or hear from...

atomtom
replies: 37 views: 42,233
DukeOfYork 30th September 2017

Hi guys, I own a pair of Dynaudio BM6A which i'm really happy with. Today i was just browsing a website & i came upon the...

Getafix
replies: 56 views: 49,004
DukeOfYork 30th September 2017

I have an old mic preamp (Rane MS-1B) lying around, and I was wondering if I could use some sort of XLR-to-3.5mm (stereo) cable...

pleasurably
replies: 1 views: 577
wrgkmc 29th September 2017

Once again, it is time to research any possible way to improve my modest rig. I am wondering if anybody here has direct...

foamboy
replies: 1 views: 412
PhilDW 29th September 2017

Would the Behringer U-phoria UMC1820 be a step up from my M-Audio FireWire 1814?

maggotspawn
replies: 9 views: 5,110
jokerone 29th September 2017

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best setup for my home studio I'm currently building. I have my gear on a desk that's...

BlazesWithWolves
replies: 31 views: 12,135
Fernand 29th September 2017

Hello, I just bought the VUMT Klangehlm which propose a "MONO MAKER". A pro sound engineer told me one day that...

Deleted 2b2d553
replies: 0 views: 369
Deleted 2b2d553 29th September 2017

Hi there, I wouldn't have thought this was possible but I've just read on the Focusrite website that their 18i20 allows...

Jack_Goodison
replies: 3 views: 456
JayTee4303 28th September 2017

Hi, Is anyone using Presonus faderport 8 and ableton live out there? Dose it work well? Do the transport controls work? And do...

bozzie1704
replies: 2 views: 2,820
rachansky 28th September 2017

Hello there, how are you? First of all, sorry if this isn't the first thread about a comparison between these two, but i searched...

gesundmusiker
replies: 2 views: 1,037
gesundmusiker 28th September 2017

Hi I'm in the market for a pair of mics for making stereo acoustic guitar recordings. A pair of sE X1T's and a matched pair of...

hardwarepimp
replies: 0 views: 528
hardwarepimp 28th September 2017

Please can someone, shed some light. I have an RME 9652, connected to a Tascam DMT24 desk. This set up works very well.. But...

chunkysoul
replies: 2 views: 457
chunkysoul 27th September 2017

anyone seen this? brilliant! Hopefully nobody's already started a thread on it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX1Ykb3Fhg

Bitsmith
replies: 3 views: 474
Bitsmith 27th September 2017

Okay, unfortunately I think this will turn out to be a "you suck at mixing" thread, but I am starting to wonder if my...

foamboy
replies: 19 views: 1,943
foamboy 27th September 2017

I recently had my v67g modded. I can definitely notice the difference. Did the headbasket and components mods. I've been curious...

countrylac
replies: 0 views: 999
countrylac 27th September 2017

How loud should the overall music level be when mixing? Obviously, when music is played at different volume levels, different...

juniorspecial
replies: 24 views: 13,629
jditmer0 27th September 2017

Moderators