The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm aiming to get an SDC for miking snare (over or under) and possibly hi-hat. They'd be secondary mics so I'd like to spend the...

ampetrosillo
replies: 26 views: 726
Gnarmageddon 3 hours ago

Howdy all, What mic would you pick? I'm looking to do some 'live' YouTube recordings of acoustic & vocals, and also piano...

Zoofie
replies: 174 views: 6,667
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

Hello, This has probaby been asked before, I tried the search function to find an answer but could'nt find any answer. I...

Voodoosound
replies: 0 views: 40
Voodoosound 7 hours ago

So I got some Yamaha HS80M yesterday. Bought them second hand, demo-d them in the sellers room, looked and sounded fine, even...

MrCrowbar
replies: 3 views: 114
JLast 10 hours ago

Hello, I'm in the market for some monitors. I currently use AKG 702 headphones for everything. I haven't owned monitors...

range
replies: 12 views: 729
range 15 hours ago

What the **** is with all these shitty mic stands! Does somebody make a decent, reasonably priced, built to last stand with...

halcyo
replies: 57 views: 8,130
sirjuxtable 15 hours ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 175 views: 46,581
Shawnobi 17 hours ago

Hope this little guide will show you how to use the cheapest audio interface with the lowest latency possible (my was about 1.45...

Sevenbond
replies: 5 views: 2,923
monomer 18 hours ago

If you start with a half decent mic (something like a NT1) and record directly onto a SD card reorder as PCM audio, is there much...

fenghuang
replies: 0 views: 54
fenghuang 19 hours ago

I need a vocal mic for live shows. The problem: my voice is quiet but also boomy. Out of many nice mics I’ve tried for...

zachlikestodrum
replies: 55 views: 1,430
kennybro 1 day ago

A lot of the hype I read about the B1 comes from its early release batches that were made (to a nice spec) by 797 audio. These...

radio_death_wish
replies: 9 views: 462
Bob Ross 1 day ago

So I recently bought a pair of Equator Audio D5 studio monitors for my first ever pair of monitors and I absolutely love them....

Zero32
replies: 98 views: 20,695
chconnor 1 day ago

I was just placing an order for some random adapters and cables at Monoprice, and I noticed they have a new microphone: The Stage...

prunenoveggie
replies: 37 views: 4,696
Ibrockin 1 day ago

So in my small mic locker, the mics that sound best on my voice are an EV RE50B (which I believe is just a shock mounted 635a)...

Bugsmasher
replies: 0 views: 120
Bugsmasher 1 day ago

There are a lot of posts about the more 'recent' Groove Tubes microphones, but is there anywhere I can get good information going...

rbbrchckn
replies: 5 views: 1,099
rbbrchckn 2 days ago

Hi there audio fellas! I want to upgrade my headphone situation, Im happy with my old trusty SONY MDR7506, good old cans for...

MADA
replies: 0 views: 126
MADA 2 days ago

I've seen a lot of great suggestions for budget recording equipment around here, but one thing I haven't seen much of is people...

Manak1n
replies: 12 views: 849
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Audio Techinca AT4055. I scored this mic for almost no money. And it's frigging great. Supposed to be handheld version of AT4050....

Tom Hakala
replies: 2 views: 2,316
Tom Hakala 2 days ago

I've been wanting to build an extremely portable rig for acoustic/vocals stuff mostly. Two inputs would be fine. I'd bring my own...

klong
replies: 2 views: 207
Aerond 2 days ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,253 views: 300,443
Drummer406 3 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 6,576 views: 875,053
radio_death_wish 3 days ago

Hi, my friend’s son has a korg d3200 that stopped booting up the other day, sounds like the HD finally gave out after many...

mrufino1
replies: 12 views: 3,575
colanderman 4 days ago

Do you know if phantom power travels through the DB25 return? I've already emailed Audient a couple of times weeks ago and...

macrobeat
replies: 1 views: 193
stella645 4 days ago

Hey, I wish wish wish - I could buy a LaunchKey mini with an assignable, horizontal touch strip above the keys and below the...

arcrunner
replies: 3 views: 377
JLast 5 days ago

Hey there, a few questions from an impedance noob. I'm looking at trying to get a cheap pre-amp situation going with enough gain...

Russell Anderson
replies: 10 views: 493
JLast 5 days ago

I do spoken word voiceovers for training videos. I am currently using a Shure SM7 into a Pro Co Cough Drop, into a Groove Tubes...

bluesman714
replies: 5 views: 242
JLast 5 days ago

My high end tends to be brittle and a bit harsh on my current monitor set up sometimes, but I’m not leaving that setup. It’s...

BobbyJames
replies: 38 views: 1,838
BobbyJames 5 days ago

Is it a good idea to trade a perfectly good and working keyboard synth for a non working rackmount version of said synth? I have...

The Dazzler
replies: 0 views: 160
The Dazzler 6 days ago

I'd like to spend under $400 for each unit. I'd love an SDX-330 and an SRV-330 but they seem hard to find (I don't want to...

macrobeat
replies: 5 views: 380
kslight 6 days ago

Hi folks! :) I'm playing with the idea of putting together a 3D ORTF rig not to dissimilar to that of Schoeps'. See the image...

Chirgwin
replies: 9 views: 731
studer58 6 days ago

Anyone using this unit? If so, what are your opinions?

camdie
replies: 11 views: 9,034
mini me SSL 1 week ago

Hi guys, Quick question - between the two, would you choose a Mackie Big Knob Passive or an ESI MoCo? Both do what I need...

Robsta1
replies: 13 views: 3,543
SuttonColdfield 1 week ago

Hey Y'all! I've been trying to make some progress recording some decent sounding tracks on my Tascam 688. I've done the walk...

wmaxwell
replies: 5 views: 1,660
pattarginkom 1 week ago

I am collaborating remotely with my niece. She’s got a lovely, husky alto voice and I want to put together a $1,000 package of...

Todzilla
replies: 49 views: 1,653
David Rick 1 week ago

I know the untreated room is the cardinal sin of home studio enthusiasts and without getting too far into room...

Tinkercity
replies: 3 views: 383
s wave 1 week ago

Can ASIO4All distinguish between multiple USB mics of the same type and distinguish between them? Also, more generally, is there...

Karl Engel
replies: 2 views: 291
Karl Engel 1 week ago

I'd like to spend under $400 for each unit but we all know how delusional some of these Reverb sellers are. I'd love an SDX-330...

macrobeat
replies: 13 views: 691
joeq 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a balanced analogical preamp with one mic input and two mono line level output. I also need a...

judelaw
replies: 1 views: 162
JLast 1 week ago

Hi guys. Basically I'm trying to send audio (drums for example) out of my iD22 on outputs 3/4 (1/2 are my main speaker outs) and...

sampemberton
replies: 22 views: 17,306
leaf00 1 week ago

A lot of manufacturers produce even more nice sounding, good looking and reasonable priced gear with a right to live. Maybe they...

Billster
replies: 1,250 views: 354,213
hbphotoav 1 week ago

TL;DR: I hear a lot about the ISA One having great top-end sheen. I've also heard that the mic I have has these properties too....

Lights
replies: 36 views: 1,421
driftinduke 1 week ago

What is the difference between genelec 4010A,8010A and G one? 4010 is an instaltion speaker (hifi or studio monitor?) 8010 is...

gasolin
replies: 2 views: 6,459
michalmichalski 1 week ago

I've been recording my violin for about 2 years now using the only mic that I have, a Deity D3-Pro shotgun mic running into my...

stradvirtuoso
replies: 37 views: 1,036
stradvirtuoso 1 week ago

I'm using 8 inputs of my 18i20 and want to add some ribbon/dynamic microphones to the mix, and in addition to a probable ART Pro...

Russell Anderson
replies: 2 views: 326
Russell Anderson 1 week ago

I have a Korg i3 (2020 edition), and have been trying to create some interesting sound layers with it. It allows layering of...

SmilingMackerel
replies: 4 views: 264
SmilingMackerel 1 week ago

In the manual they recommend 1RU space above the unit in a rack. How important is this? I've seen some people who basically...

macrobeat
replies: 13 views: 415
macrobeat 1 week ago

Just purchased one on eBay and man I live that mic! Anyway, I know that the pattern selector locate on the capsule and need...

fatcatmusic
replies: 32 views: 7,710
esaias 1 week ago

I'm having a hard time figuring out the usability of the S/PDIF i/o on the NI Komplete Audio 6 interface, so I'd LOVE to hear...

twelveight
replies: 4 views: 9,496
jpcesar 1 week ago

Attached is for Zoom R24, the original Zoom R24 Operation Manual (E_R24_2.pdf) with added Table of Contents bookmarks (Outline)...

electrotune
replies: 0 views: 172
electrotune 1 week ago

I've been testing the R24 as a backup device for my ProTools setup (basically, An original OctoPre feeding a Digi002 via ADAT,...

ullanta
replies: 44 views: 45,184
electrotune 1 week ago

Moderators