Quantcast
Low End Theory - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, It's been a while since i have posted on GS so forgive me if i'm not in the right sub-forum. What are your...

Sinewave
replies: 10 views: 2,933
Brent Hahn 3 hours ago

So, I've been going crazy lately Researching and researching about mics and all the little differences and comparison videos and...

Cbanter93
replies: 447 views: 40,730
Overdrive 3 hours ago

My daughter is a very talented singer and she wants to start producing music. I plan to get her an interface, mic, and a...

TomPaul
replies: 7 views: 378
slainbabyyc 16 hours ago

Going for 1. Practical usefulness 2. Obscurity (sleepers?) 3. Under $100ish Mine would have to be the RNC, any old tube tape...

jml designs
replies: 196 views: 31,363
k brown 17 hours ago

Since I've mentioned Marc Aubort's use of 1202 preamps on a couple of other threads, I decided to get an original MS1202 on e-bay...

k brown
replies: 1 views: 97
floeter 19 hours ago

What sort of equipment/effects are typically used to create this sort of...

Norsumies
replies: 2 views: 409
Donald Cooper 1 day ago

Here is my story. I had an old RME hammerfall PCI express card with 3 expansion boards as my sound card for 5 plus years. You...

coolfog09
replies: 0 views: 49
coolfog09 1 day ago

Hi what are some must read books that you recommend for artists that are aspiring to make it in the music industry?

B i e b e r
replies: 8 views: 654
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

So I am going to be buying one of these two units.....which would YOU choose, and why? (And before someone says it, I have...

DHannah1981
replies: 1 views: 409
New Armageddon 2 days ago

Several drummers I've recorded recently came in with the $39 plastic bass port stuck on their kick drum head. I've tried to...

SlyMonkey
replies: 22 views: 10,843
tviler 2 days ago

I purchased a brand new Aston Origin about a month ago and noticed white noise as soon as I plugged my mic into my Focusrite solo...

ctipp217
replies: 9 views: 2,985
Anila6 3 days ago

not really looking for multitrack, just any cassette player with a recording function and a mic in.

mamall
replies: 17 views: 503
Garage Rodeo 3 days ago

My room is full of dvds and shelves, gear but no sound proofing at all. I have Behringer B1 condenser, Shure Sm57 dynamic and...

ece79
replies: 68 views: 10,803
XHipHop 3 days ago

Tubes, 2? ch, H.P filter, phase switch, phantom power. See attachment. Any ideas?

Tisca
replies: 3 views: 132
Tisca 3 days ago

Hello all, I am a newbie to posting but a long time reader of forums. I produce and record HipHop/Soul/RNB music. I am simply...

IndigoSol
replies: 94 views: 2,423
shepke 3 days ago

This things been sitting around unused for years. I'm wondering if it is worth restoring? My gut tells me it will be an old noisy...

miniqtone
replies: 13 views: 5,077
tvphobic 4 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 6,441 views: 828,478
Ox Han 4 days ago

Hi.. I'm about to build a studio and there are already too many things in my buying list and I'm trying to save whatever I can...

Srbhsngh
replies: 0 views: 121
Srbhsngh 4 days ago

First post here so sorry if i posted in an incorrect subforum, I currently have 2 computers (PC & M1 Mac) and 1 audio...

Ozboz
replies: 1 views: 151
ambiguous signal 4 days ago

Hello, dear friends at this lovely forum. I'm looking for an amp that will help me out with these passive...

juanfernandobaen
replies: 2 views: 292
James Lehmann 4 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of small NF monitors that I can also use in the wee hours without disturbing family and...

rando67
replies: 10 views: 1,105
JSchlomo 4 days ago

We see a lot of talk about what DAWs sound better, if they sound better, etc.... Here's a great resource that has tests of...

noah330
replies: 3 views: 213
Garage Rodeo 4 days ago

Do you know this brand and what can you tell.

QueenSisi
replies: 7 views: 349
haysonics 4 days ago

Currently using a Rode NT-1 thru an ART MPA 2. Issues: Can't say the mic is bad, its great. I recorded a couple songs for a...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 5 views: 235
Garage Rodeo 4 days ago

I have a pair of Mackie MR524 and i like them alot I have tried using a subwoofer and it didn't do to much for me, since i...

gasolin
replies: 0 views: 118
gasolin 4 days ago
replies: 517 views: 124,721
gmatkin 4 days ago

Searching the net for gear one day, I bumped into something that looks too good to be true. I tried to contact them about a piece...

The Dazzler
replies: 11 views: 678
JLast 5 days ago

Hey all, I've got an MPA II pre that I've had for many years now (8-10 years I think) - worked great until recently, but then...

marcreeves
replies: 2 views: 173
MarkF48 5 days ago

I'm excited to announce that Part 2 in our new Mixing Michael Jackson series is NOW LIVE on YouTube! Today, we're breaking...

dglennjr
replies: 0 views: 180
dglennjr 6 days ago

Hi, I stumble uppon those cute little DI boxes made by Alctron while buying some cables on Ali'. They claim to deliver...

damien
replies: 8 views: 558
damien 6 days ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,182 views: 272,702
XHipHop 6 days ago

So someone was selling one of these locally for 30 and I decided to grab it out of curiosity - there's very little info online. I...

Ladycharles
replies: 0 views: 95
Ladycharles 6 days ago

How is your MOTU 16A holding up for you today? I've been thinking about getting one myself since I've heard good things about...

Sry
replies: 83 views: 10,648
gravyface 1 week ago

I've been searching around and I can't find quite what I'm looking for. Can anyone make a recommendation? I have the Apollo x8...

EnochPorch
replies: 1 views: 167
JLast 1 week ago

Hi Can everyone show us their gear along with their music so that we can hear the quality you're capable of getting with it....

B i e b e r
replies: 249 views: 20,725
shepke 1 week ago

Hello all, have been trawling the A&H GL threads, and the 2200 threads in particular. I have little experience with mixers,...

nowaysj
replies: 5 views: 6,845
nowaysj 1 week ago

Feeling underwhelmed by the MIDI controllers I have seen/read about, I have thought of a control surface attached to a digital...

bill5
replies: 0 views: 124
bill5 1 week ago

I'm looking for a ribbon mic under 300$ that'll sound good recording alto saxophone and double up as a good mono OH for the drums...

Shreyas
replies: 17 views: 935
ShellTones 1 week ago

Hello all! I want to start a career beatmaker, and I choose my first professional headphones, here write that you need headphones...

Xieanaiar
replies: 8 views: 469
Garage Rodeo 1 week ago

I'm considering picking up a cheap Zoom R8 to use as a desktop looper, as it appears to have that functionality. However, I'd...

EasyToAssemble
replies: 0 views: 117
EasyToAssemble 1 week ago

Hey all, I’ve been trying to dial in exactly the next leap in my gear chain and wanted to gauge people’s thoughts on some of...

FoodProduct
replies: 15 views: 6,475
FoodProduct 1 week ago

Looking to set my kit up for recording some rough demo tracks at home, and have been looking at some of the lower end drum mic...

master_ov_realit
replies: 3 views: 272
JLast 1 week ago

Hi guys jkthtyrt, Has anyone tried the Avantone CV12 BLA version? There’s no much info out there…. I’ve emailed Avantone...

Psklpt
replies: 3 views: 512
homestudioguy 1 week ago

I have made some prototypes and am thrilled by the reverb they produce. I am currently tweaking the golden/sacred geometry...

s wave
replies: 5 views: 351
s wave 1 week ago

I have a Tree Audio Branch II which I really love on vocals and for guitar tracking. I'm looking to add some analog to my mix...

occam
replies: 1 views: 281
JLast 1 week ago

A representative from Harman told me yesterday that the mic pre section of the current-production dbx 286S Voice Processor has...

ShelGef
replies: 5 views: 328
Manak1n 1 week ago

I have been working on my recording skills at home the past few years trying to achieve professional quality recordings with a...

sdlmoab
replies: 96 views: 2,584
sdlmoab 1 week ago
replies: 1 views: 321
ExPorts 1 week ago

Hello GS; long time lurker first time poster here. The long and short is that my Art Pro VLA II is giving me a monster headache...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 27 views: 3,796
Pipe_Dream 1 week ago

Im considering the Presonus Eris Sub8 but i know some of the smaller Presonus eris active studio monitors have white noise, hiss,...

gasolin
replies: 0 views: 169
gasolin 1 week ago

Moderators