The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

...without having the official rack kit, of course. A single rack ear is going for 50$ these days, so that's not an option. And...

focusbob
replies: 2 views: 59
nice keetee 2 hours ago

Does the Triton audio fethead phantom need a few minutes to 'warm up?'

zamboknee
replies: 1 views: 42
Leopold63 7 hours ago

I've got a couple higher end pres (Neve, API, CAPI) and I'm thinking about filling out the 'backend' for my drum recordings with...

Rob_Feature
replies: 18 views: 716
Rob_Feature 12 hours ago

Basically I'm trying to find out if there's a Cardioid version/ alternative to the ev635a? So pretty much same exact frequency...

Krush411
replies: 5 views: 148
JLast 13 hours ago

hi there, i'm looking for a 'vibey' old mixing desk to use as a performance tool to get my arrangements done on the fly as i...

lovecat
replies: 22 views: 5,830
Pyeguy 16 hours ago

Do you know this brand and what can you tell.

QueenSisi
replies: 8 views: 1,053
QueenSisi 20 hours ago

EDIT: to clarify - Tracking headphones for vocals (so closed back obviously) - Only new - When I say "super cheapie,"...

bill5
replies: 33 views: 1,256
biffhardon 1 day ago

It's been a long time since I touched my gear due to family and now I'm back at it. I need some suggestion on how to best...

slaveern
replies: 5 views: 266
dickiefunk 1 day ago

First, I am not a fan of the Eagles. I'm just using them as an example. In the song, "Life in the fast lane," the song...

Gruner
replies: 9 views: 397
nitrateaudio 1 day ago

Hi all, So I understand there are hundreds of threads (and other materials) on "warming" up digital projects...

LostLunch
replies: 86 views: 2,717
DeNto 2 days ago

Products – iSK Pro Audio Has anyone here tried those HD-9999 headphones ?

eldon2975
replies: 574 views: 125,663
mrufino1 3 days ago

Who is this product for? People with Dynamic (or Ribbon) microphones that have a problem with mic recordings being too quiet or...

minervx
replies: 33 views: 8,185
Telharmonia 3 days ago

Hello! I’ve been a professional voice actor for a few years, working out of a plywood booth I built when I first began....

MariaRiddleVO
replies: 4 views: 194
joeq 3 days ago

Hi all, I’m doing some drum tracking next week - one-man production with me playing and engineering. I’m taking my selection...

Bugsmasher
replies: 3 views: 311
joeq 3 days ago

The E100S was pretty beloved, if obscure. Any eyewitness accounts re: the successor? It’s supposedly “darker”/more neutral,...

vizcities
replies: 0 views: 100
vizcities 3 days ago

Anyone tried their hand at a DIY microphone 'Turtle'? Maybe starting with something like these stainless steel smoker pipes...

M50k
replies: 0 views: 125
M50k 3 days ago

I'm thinking about buying this Behringer interface (don't yell at me, I already have a nice MOTU one and this is for a second...

monkeydemon
replies: 20 views: 1,079
netsound 3 days ago

I tend to buy low end stuff. I'm not a pro, and even though I love writing and recording music, I've had to admit that this is a...

caotico
replies: 370 views: 25,281
bill5 3 days ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,280 views: 311,171
Mikey Georges 3 days ago

Looking for a 1u 4 preamp unit to fit in my rack. Mostly for drums. It will replace a ga pre73 and a rnp in the rack. api...

lossleader
replies: 1 views: 155
ShellTones 4 days ago

I use Logic Pro X 10.2 with my Apollo x8, and I use the Console App for monitoring. I have previously recorded DI tracks for...

xxromani
replies: 0 views: 118
xxromani 4 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 6,605 views: 889,807
XHipHop 4 days ago
replies: 547 views: 139,052
Gruner 5 days ago

Hi all, I have a late 70s Soundcraft 200B 24 channel mixer. When I connect the main out to my audio interface, I get a...

pslarson2
replies: 1 views: 124
JLast 5 days ago

I’m in the market for a “sounds good on everything” multipattern w/a bit of the C414’s C12-derived neutral-yet-3D thing....

vizcities
replies: 10 views: 393
elegentdrum 6 days ago

I need a vocal mic for live shows. The problem: my voice is quiet but also boomy. Out of many nice mics I’ve tried for...

zachlikestodrum
replies: 76 views: 3,098
whirl 6 days ago

Life Can Be Master by magus888 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free I just mixed this tune for a girl...

magus888
replies: 45 views: 60,468
NoPro 1 week ago

Too many plugins got installed along with some I bought and some that were free. If I had lots of internal hardrive space I guess...

NoPro
replies: 6 views: 255
NoPro 1 week ago

I've been recording at home for at least 30 years, using first an Aardvark 8 channel interface, then two Focusrite interfaces,...

conceptDIGITAL
replies: 1 views: 188
B88 1 week ago

The oddball analog filter module from Akai. The MFC 42. CALLING MFC 42 USERS: What do you use it for, and does it do the...

onlywhelmed
replies: 18 views: 11,287
TMOQuantity 1 week ago

I used a Tascam US-800 for a while but it seems to be having problem with my Mac (Monterey) more and more... It seems to be...

slaveern
replies: 5 views: 575
slaveern 1 week ago

Do you think that analog emulation plugins are yet to the point of being able to recreate classic rock recordings reasonably well...

travisinhell
replies: 12 views: 1,237
Debo 1 week ago

I'm figuring out how to integrate a new (to me) mixing board with some patch bays so that I don't need to reach behind the board...

guinsu
replies: 3 views: 492
guinsu 1 week ago

Which give better translation to various playback systems, mixing music on Harman curve or flat (software corrected) headphones?

dsavi
replies: 8 views: 726
iFi audio 1 week ago

Hi GS, long time lurker first time poster. Figured although there are enough monitor threads in the Low-End theory, I would ask...

cvlol
replies: 49 views: 21,151
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Yeah I know it's a pretty short list :) I'm eyeing a few that are even less expensive, but for the purposes of this thread,...

bill5
replies: 19 views: 991
XHipHop 1 week ago

I’ve been without a studio for 6 months or so. We bought a house, and I’ve been remodeling/renovating extensively, eating...

PolarPop
replies: 5 views: 282
paul o 1 week ago

Hey low end folk... I'm just looking for ADAT expansion for my rehearsal room with clean conversion. The preampfification will...

GravesNumber9
replies: 11 views: 648
audiospecific 1 week ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 112 views: 30,865
JLSowther 1 week ago

Hey all, I've got an MPA II pre that I've had for many years now (8-10 years I think) - worked great until recently, but then...

marcreeves
replies: 6 views: 726
mitsu13gman 1 week ago

I mainly record hip hop vocals. I'm trying to decide which to buy between these 1176 clones . There are no shootouts with the 7x...

Jayelem
replies: 28 views: 2,367
afv 1 week ago

Hi there, I'm generally happy with my HR824's, and I have been for at least decade. I get the sense that a 5" or...

mattrowe
replies: 2 views: 257
mattrowe 1 week ago

What’s a good tube LDC that won’t be too far out of the TB12s league? Meaning I don’t want to spend 4 times as much on...

auxReturn
replies: 3 views: 340
dickiefunk 1 week ago

I was given an RME Multiface II the other day in exchange for mastering an album. It came with the PCIe card. Installed it today...

Haico
replies: 8 views: 1,941
Leopold63 1 week ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask on what you’re thoughts on the warm audio WA14 and lewitt 441 flex are on vocals? I’ve tried...

Undagc
replies: 2 views: 217
Undagc 1 week ago

"What is the best"...flashlight for when you have to get behind/under your *#$!ING desk for the 10th time this evening....

Hired Goon
replies: 31 views: 877
joeq 1 week ago

Hello fine people, does anybody have experience with both of these? I'm considering moving from an iD14 to the ADI-2 DAC. Would...

somsto75
replies: 7 views: 876
Greyoboe 1 week ago

Ok, so I bought 2 cheap mics on eBay. The v67g (which gets a LOT of love on gearslutz) and a cad gxl3000bp. Both are dirt cheap...

andrew caramia
replies: 6 views: 2,576
weave 1 week ago

I haven't bought any piece of recording equipment since 2009 or so. Recently due to Saffire Pro 40 acting up in Squad (PC game),...

Lifted
replies: 50 views: 3,172
Sense_A 1 week ago

Anyone check this unit out? I know there's better options, but due to severe space limitations, and the fact that I'm not sure...

alexnetick
replies: 23 views: 20,351
JonGtr 2 weeks ago

Moderators