The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings
Old 20th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike110492 ➡️
I just made a review of the Warbler Mk1 on my YouTube channel that some of you may find helpful. It's got audio examples on drum overheads, acoustic guitar, and vocals along with some comparisons against the sE 4400a and the Lewitt LCT640 TS.
I'm puzzled. My Warbler Mk1 looks very different... In fact, it looks like this:

http://www.3uaudio.com/cp.asp?id=673

Has there been some change?

Cheers, Gavin
Old 21st July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I, too, am puzzled... my Warbler looks like Gavin's. If there's been a drastic cosmetic change, it seems like quite an odd choice. The mic in the video looks more like the CM1 Black, I suppose.
Old 21st July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger ➡️
I, too, am puzzled... my Warbler looks like Gavin's. If there's been a drastic cosmetic change, it seems like quite an odd choice. The mic in the video looks more like the CM1 Black, I suppose.
The Warbler I,IV(cardiod only) and others have that type of head basket and grill.Except for the IIID and IID(U-47 ish) The D designated models(multi-pattern) have Neumann U-87 type head basket.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmatkin ➡️
I'm puzzled. My Warbler Mk1 looks very different... In fact, it looks like this:

http://www.3uaudio.com/cp.asp?id=673

Has there been some change?

Cheers, Gavin
When the Mk1 first came out, it had the round grill that the others still have. Then, at some point, they switched it to the current angled grill. As for the color, I just painted the bodies as I didn't love the silver. I kinda forgot I had done that until you guys pointed it out 😆
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike110492 ➡️
When the Mk1 first came out, it had the round grill that the others still have. Then, at some point, they switched it to the current angled grill. As for the color, I just painted the bodies as I didn't love the silver. I kinda forgot I had done that until you guys pointed it out 😆
That's clear. Thanks!

Gavin
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
I read the first 30 pages or so of this thread the other morning.

Any happy Warbler MKV owners in 2022? From what I read and heard early in the thread, that one sounded really promising.

Cool to learn a bit about my CM1 Teal, too, and how the capsule is more compressed and smeary than the capsules in the Warbler and GZ mic of similar style.

Kidvybes alluded to these two having their own mojo / flavor.
📝 Reply