The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings
Old 4th April 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lution ➡️
I'm about to purchase the Warbler MKI plus a shockmount. I live in the USA. For those who have purchased directly from Guosheng for shipment to the US, how is it shipped? UPS, USPS, FedEx? Also, are there any tax or duties fees I'll need to pay upon arrival?

Thanks.
I live in the USA. I have bought 5 mics from him directly, all with no problems. He sends a tracking # and you can track it online. All packages came extremely fast for me. I think the most recent time I ordered was just a few months ago -- and it arrived about a week after I placed the order.

No tax or duties or fees. The box just gets dropped off at my door.

The waybill/tracking was from SF International.

Last edited by andrewh; 4th April 2022 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: clarity and shipping carrier info
Old 4th April 2022
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
DHL?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewh ➡️
I live in the USA. I have bought 5 mics from him directly, all with no problems. He sends a tracking # and you can track it online. All packages came extremely fast for me. I think the most recent time I ordered was just a few months ago -- and it arrived about a week after I placed the order.

Thanks. I appreciate your response. I'm curious to know what carrier SF International hands off to in the USA for final destination delivery.
Gear Guru

Pony Express?
Chris
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 ➡️
Pony Express?
Chris
Where I live, the Pony Express isn't out of the question.
Old 4th April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I know I'm a broken record with these... (well, not exactly... broken WAV file? Not that either...)

But here's another enjoyable live stream from a couple weeks ago for which I lugged out my trusty Warbler MKID.

I've had some really enjoyable gigs over the last few weeks but this one stuck out. It was pretty special. This young pianist from Houston, Dayne Reliford, is gonna be doing some VERY serious stuff in the coming years, mark my words. He's a prodigy.

Old 5th April 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewh ➡️

It might be EMS, which I think is post office shipping in Taiwan, China, and Japan

I bought a mic off eBay and Guo shipped FedEx supa-fast from shanghai, or shenzhen. I think it got to me in in VA 3-4 business days
Old 6th April 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han ➡️
It might be EMS, which I think is post office shipping in Taiwan, China, and Japan

I bought a mic off eBay and Guo shipped FedEx supa-fast from shanghai, or shenzhen. I think it got to me in in VA 3-4 business days
I just received my tracking information from Guo. He did ship it via SF International.
Old 14th April 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I just received my tracking information from Guo. He did ship it via SF International.
You may already have received the mic, but just a note for others that SF International hands off to the USPS when it arrives in the US. I haven't figured out how to track it on the USPS site, but the SFI site still updates after the handoff.

My last 3U order in March took 17 days to Chicago; it sat for 5 days in NY for some reason.
Old 14th April 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohn ➡️
You may already have received the mic, but just a note for others that SF International hands off to the USPS when it arrives in the US. I haven't figured out how to track it on the USPS site, but the SFI site still updates after the handoff.

My last 3U order in March took 17 days to Chicago; it sat for 5 days in NY for some reason.
Customs probably. I ordered a pre from Germany and it sat in NYC for 3 weeks. The logistics backlog and labor shortage are very very real
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohn ➡️

I ordered it exactly 2 weeks ago today. Tracking is showing that it's in Denver. Still another day or two away if all goes well. It got stuck in Hong Kong for 4 days, but went in and out of Los Angeles customs in 1 day.
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I ordered it exactly 2 weeks ago today. Tracking is showing that it's in Denver. Still another day or two away if all goes well. It got stuck in Hong Kong for 4 days, but went in and out of Los Angeles customs in 1 day.
Might be selling my Warbler MkVI D matched pair. Mint condition with original box and spider shock mounts. Studio use only perfect, not a scratch. Any interest?
Here for the gear

My Warbler was supposed to be delivered yesterday. But after going out for delivery the tracking now shows:

"Failed to deliver the shipment due to incomplete receiver's address. We're trying to contact the receiver for a second delivery."

Mine was shipped SF Express, but it doesn't show who they handed it off to for final delivery to my house. I don't even know who to contact to go pick it up. USPS already came and went today, and they didn't deliver it so who knows.... USPS and UPS both seem to suck in my area, they always have issues delivering my stuff. Fed Ex and Amazon never seem to have any problems.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What a bummer
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Might be selling my Warbler MkVI D matched pair. Mint condition with original box and spider shock mounts. Studio use only perfect, not a scratch. Any interest?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgeorge ➡️
Mate, you posted this already. Once is enough. If anyone is interested they will hit you up. If you’re desperate, try the classifieds section or reverb.
Gear Guru

Anyone have a matched pair of Warbler MkVI D's for sale?
Haven't seen any for eons.

Chris
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 ➡️
Anyone have a matched pair of Warbler MkVI D's for sale?
Haven't seen any for eons.

Chris
Same here, but they would need to be mint condition with original box and spider shock mounts. I keep hoping someone wants to sell some.
Here for the gear

My MKI arrived on Monday. So, it took 18 days to get here. I'll be testing it out tonight to see how it sounds.
Here for the gear

My Warbler Mk I went through a little bit of drama with UPS but it finally arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, but the build quality is really nice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Did you guys see this yet? It might just be a more impressive GZ-87 stand-in than the WA-87, and by "might be" I mean it most likely is.

Quote:
United Studio Technologies presents the Twin-Circuit Twin87 Microphone - Gearspace.co

UNITED STUDIO TECHNOLOGIES PRESENTS... United Studio Technologies UT Twin87. Twin-Circuit Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone The debate is finally over. Painstakingly recreated with the utmost attention to detail; United\'s take on both vintage and moder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 ➡️
Did you guys see this yet? It might just be a more impressive GZ-87 stand-in than the WA-87, and by "might be" I mean it most likely is.
Wouldn't the GZ67FET kind of work for that? I know it'd be a bit darker than an 87.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 ➡️
I'm fairly certain that UT is using Guosheng's capsules. So it's probably nearly (or exactly) the same cap as a Warbler MKID or GZ67, and probably also the same cap as the WA87.

Regardless, the UT47 was VERY well-received (even by uber-high-enders like JJ Blair) and this one looks great, I'm sure it's a very cool mic. What'll differentiate the UT from Warm or 3U will be the circuit, and they seem to be doing excellent work in that department. Another great alternative for an 87 vibe, for sure.
Gear Guru

Yes. "Circuit" is a huge factor.
If Chad will still do it...
Might have him mod my Warm 47jr, to get it flatter, like the Warbler MKII.
Chris
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger ➡️
I'm fairly certain that UT is using Guosheng's capsules. So it's probably nearly (or exactly) the same cap as a Warbler MKID or GZ67, and probably also the same cap as the WA87.

Regardless, the UT47 was VERY well-received (even by uber-high-enders like JJ Blair) and this one looks great, I'm sure it's a very cool mic. What'll differentiate the UT from Warm or 3U will be the circuit, and they seem to be doing excellent work in that department. Another great alternative for an 87 vibe, for sure.
It’s sure cheap!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Warbler MkI

Question regarding the Warbler MkI - what U87 has it been compared to? An Ai or i? Or what is it close to?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by camjstreet1 ➡️
Question regarding the Warbler MkI - what U87 has it been compared to? An Ai or i? Or what is it close to?
My understanding is that the MKID (and cardioid-only MKI) comes closest to the original U87i. I think the MKVID is closer to the newer U87ai. I find my Warbler MKID and my u87ai to be pretty different, although the same sonic family. @ Ragan has mentioned that he finds his Warbler MKIDs to be almost indistinguishable from his original U87s, which I think is very interesting indeed! I've never used a pre-ai u87, to my knowledge, so all I can do is A-B my Warbler and my AI. I love them both dearly, to be honest! The Neumann is my workhorse bread-and-butter mic that I use on nearly every recording session, but the Warbler is more appropriate for many contexts, particularly when I need a more covered, saturated vibe to the sound (i.e. "vintage tone" or whatever). The Warbler also allows for more headroom, the AI is the most sensitive mic I own by a wide margin.
Gear Nut

Hi guys

I've had my Warner mkviD for a few years now and a few days back I'd decided to crap out.

Lots of noise, the odd squeal, signal comes and goes...

I contacted 3U (very nice chap) he offered to have it diagnosed and repaired in China, but delivery costs?! Is there a reputable mic repair dude in the UK.

I loved the mic, it was big and honest, such a shame it died
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

UT47 looks great but £800 is way above what I paid for 3u back in the day (just off first release).

What mic these days, is sub £300, hand soldered, WIMA and Panasonic capped and has a decent capsule and doesn't have high end fizz/low end mud?

Is it an ISK? Are they still a thing?
Old 6 days ago
ZEF
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
the sensitivity is a large difference in the i vs AI per the 87 spec, thats one obvious difference of the two.
Recording Hacks shows the i as 8mv across all the patterns....the AI at Omni20mv,Card 28, Bi 22. Pretty substantial isnt it? Ive never owned or used either so I dont know. Sensitivity is a noticeable spec no matter who makes the mike, but could be a big issue depending on the application, and room noises. ..seems to me, Im just a hobbyist gearhead pondering around. For my room a 8mv works better than a 28mv. Super high sensitivity in my mind is for really professional rooms, clarity, precision, like a hi def camera lens or something "sensitive" to all molecules and photons...lol.

a "used" KSM 44 $350~ish is a good LDC Multi (the MXL shockmount works too..most are missing at that price)
📝 Reply