The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk ➡️
Thanks. I am not getting the mic's now. My Paypal payment didn't go through for some reason so the seller assumed I was no longer interested and sold them the next day to another GS member. Shame.
lame sauce
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
3U Audio's mics have disappeared from the UK eBay handicraft shop.(I'd be very happy to be corrected if anyone can find them.)

Does anyone know what this means, other whether it's a permanent arrangement please?

Thanks, Gavin
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guosheng has always been very responsive to email, in my experience. He can probably tell you directly!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmatkin ➡️
3U Audio's mics have disappeared from the UK eBay handicraft shop.(I'd be very happy to be corrected if anyone can find them.)

Does anyone know what this means, other whether it's a permanent arrangement please?

Thanks, Gavin
I’ve got a few mics saved in eBay. I also just bought a Warbler IV off eBay instead of direct b/c I was worried about it getting lost en route during the pandemic and wanted eBay’s guarantee.

I checked and it says the seller is on vacation when I put a mic in my cart. Their page has no items b/c they designated they are on vacay.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Thanks, Gavin
Pic below
Attached Thumbnails
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings-c9e742f3-1f11-4ccc-a6ce-4d67e5f318af.jpg  
Gear Nut
Excellent! I didn't get that message, but I can wait. I hope he has a lovely holiday!

Gavin
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Excellent! I didn't get that message, but I can wait. I hope he has a lovely holiday!

Gavin
You can save a bit by ordering direct from him instead of buying on eBay.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I’ve got a practically new warbler IV for sale. PM me if you’re interested
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks to those who replied to my initial questions! After further reading / listening / couple helpful PMs I purchased one each of the CM-1 SE (black and teal) as well as a capsule from the MK IV D to replace to capsule from my Rode K2. I chose the MK IV as the most pleasing (to my ears) of the 3U edge-terminated designs, since that's what the Rode had been designed with.

It should be a straight swap- see attached photos. First time trying this so fingers crossed I get it right.

Concerning 3U, the correspondence was great and the products reached my address in UK in 6 days!

Will share some samples from the capsule swap if there are any interested parties.
Attached Thumbnails
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings-pxl_20210429_140640892.jpg   Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings-pxl_20210429_140741036.jpg   Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings-pxl_20210429_140959870.jpg  
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
What about the tube mics?

As many here, I’ve been following this thread for years and own a couple of Guosheng’s mics. Any fresh experiences with his tube versions here? Is there a GZ47 tube mic or is it only the GZ69 at the moment? Has someone compared the tube and the FET counterparts?
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han ➡️
I’ve got a practically new warbler IV for sale. PM me if you’re interested
Had a few inquiries and wanted to clarify it’s a Warbler IVD. As you were...
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han ➡️
Had a few inquiries and wanted to clarify it’s a Warbler IVD. As you were...
Did you hear back from Guosheng?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Hey guys, i'm in the market to buy a new mic. Does anybody know where i can find a price list for all the 3U mics? I don't see it on his site. And i don't see him on Ebay either. Thanks!

Edit: Also, a few more questions.
1. What does the "D" mean on the end of some of his mics? I.e. what's the difference between MKI and MKID?
2. Which mics offer the most "dimension" and "depth" and sonic richness? I.e. which ones are more on the tubey sounding side of things?
3. Is there a mic or 2 that is a clear "punches way above its price" winner?
Cheers
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️
Hey guys, i'm in the market to buy a new mic. Does anybody know where i can find a price list for all the 3U mics? I don't see it on his site. And i don't see him on Ebay either. Thanks!

1. What does the "D" mean on the end of some of his mics? I.e. what's the difference between MKI and MKID?
2. Which mics offer the most "dimension" and "depth" and sonic richness? I.e. which ones are more on the tubey sounding side of things?
Cheers
All the info you need, and more, is actually in this thread. But I guess you're asking for a summary?

OK, here's a quick start then.

You'll get the best price when you contact Guosheng directly.

@ 1. D is multipattern. The site will tell you this, too.

@ 2 & 3. These are largely subjective matters. Some may chime in, but that won't make up for reading this thread. So, I'd take a day off and go for it.

As always, the final proof is in the pudding.

Last edited by legato; 2 days ago at 09:41 AM..
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentA ➡️
But if you like 3U and want a tube mic, you have some other more tried and tested options. Warm uses 3U capsules in most, and probably all their mics. They are a great value. If you want a step up, ADK uses 3U capsules in at least some of their mics. If you want something more boutique off the beaten path, you can get several Barbaric mics that use 3U capsules.
Do you remember which ADK mics? I found a really good deal on their A6 mic, i wonder if they have the 3U capsules?
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by legato ➡️
All the info you need, and more, is actuallly in this thread. But I guess you're asking for summary?

OK, here's a quick start then.

You'll get the best price when you contact Guosheng directly.

@ 1. D is multipattern. The site will tell you this, too.

@ 2 & 3. These are largely subjective matters. Some may chime in, but that won't make up for reading this thread. So, I'd take a day off and go for it.
Yes, I am absolutely asking for a summary of a 6,000+ post thread.
And I find the 3U site and name layout hard for my brain to make sense of.
But I understand if people don't wanna repeat themselves.
Thought maybe my questions were specific enough though. Here's hoping!

Last edited by Barncore; 1 day ago at 03:20 PM..
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️

Cheers
Hey, I've just been through about 50% of this thread in recent months, so I'm in a similar situation to yourself. You can get a guide price by looking on ebay. Link for one of the cardiod Warblers:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3U-Audio-...-/111820764886

As legato said, your second and third messages are very subjective. But many people on this thread think that a great value-for-money option is the entry level cardioid, CM-1 SE Teal.

There are lots of audio samples here:

Thread Dedicated to Just 3U Audio Mic Demos

I've only just got some 3U audio mics (see post #6249 ) so I'll give my tuppence in due course.

Happy shopping.
📝 Reply